PDA

View Full Version : Fish & chips in Whitby?

bigredduke
30-04-2007, 05:03 PM
Looking good (at the moment) for next Sunday. Anyone up for a rideout across the North York Moors to Whitby for some yummy f & c's?:yoparty:

smiler996
30-04-2007, 06:08 PM
I could be up to it? - Where will you start or meet?

bigredduke
30-04-2007, 06:17 PM
I will be coming from near Beverley so, Malton, Helmsley, Stokesley, then a173/4 into Whitby probably! open to suggestions though!

smiler996
30-04-2007, 06:21 PM
I could meet at Helmsley via Northallerton Thirsk - what time at Helmsley?

bigredduke
30-04-2007, 06:28 PM
Probably about 10.30 which would get us to Whitby for a civilised lunchtime! The Magpie opens at 11.30!

bigredduke
30-04-2007, 06:38 PM
Ducati up North are meeting in Thirsk, we could maybe incorporate?

http://www.ducati-upnorth.com/forum/showthread.php?p=61156#post61156

Scotty
30-04-2007, 07:28 PM
thouight that was a dsc thing in thirsk ?

bigredduke
30-04-2007, 07:42 PM
thouight that was a dsc thing in thirsk ?

Quite possibly was, originally but DUN have got in on the act & now UKMOC are muscling in. Does it matter as long as there are nice bikes to gawp at & nice folks to natter to!:D

Scotty
30-04-2007, 07:51 PM
humm which club to plege 'loyalty' to choices choices

i still haven't stuck any stickers

gjfevans
30-04-2007, 08:17 PM
I could be tempted with that. What time are you leaving Brough Paul?

bigredduke
30-04-2007, 08:36 PM
I would imagine 9-9.30ish?

cheeky monkey
30-04-2007, 10:09 PM
:thumbsup: why not

nambduke
01-05-2007, 11:29 AM
I will be coming from near Beverley so, Malton, Helmsley, Stokesley, then a173/4 into Whitby probably! open to suggestions though!

Hi bigreduke,

I should have my bike back from Ducati John's on Saturday, so your Sunday rideout sounds a good idea.

If you're travelling through Stokesley, will you be travelling through Guisborough on route - Meet at the Market Cross on the High Street - what time do you expect to be there....it's about 40mins from Helmsley I think? If you are I'll tag on there with you through to Whitby and hand over your 'UKMOC Yorkshire Polo Shirts':thumbsup:

Regards,
Mark Nambduke

bigredduke
01-05-2007, 01:15 PM
Hi bigreduke,

I should have my bike back from Ducati John's on Saturday, so your Sunday rideout sounds a good idea.

If you're travelling through Stokesley, will you be travelling through Guisborough on route - Meet at the Market Cross on the High Street - what time do you expect to be there....it's about 40mins from Helmsley I think? If you are I'll tag on there with you through to Whitby and hand over your 'UKMOC Yorkshire Polo Shirts':thumbsup:

Regards,
Mark Nambduke

I'm sure that will be fine, do you not fancy joining us at Thirsk though?

smiler996
01-05-2007, 04:49 PM
I will be at Thirsk at 11am - then head up Helmsely around 12 - then out to whitby the back way for 1 - 2ish?

Smiler

nambduke
01-05-2007, 09:57 PM
I'm sure that will be fine, do you not fancy joining us at Thirsk though?

OK. Around 11.00??

stirrup
02-05-2007, 10:30 AM
I will be coming from near Beverley so, Malton, Helmsley, Stokesley,

Hiya bigredduke, was planning on going up to meet the dunners in Thirsk so would be good to ride up with you. Could meet in Malton. What time do you reckon you will be going through?
Wifes on a weekend trip south so I'm on taxi duty for our two daughters so may have to ride back from Thirsk and miss the chippy though...see what they've cooked up on the day!

bigredduke
02-05-2007, 04:55 PM
Hiya bigredduke, was planning on going up to meet the dunners in Thirsk so would be good to ride up with you. Could meet in Malton. What time do you reckon you will be going through?
Wifes on a weekend trip south so I'm on taxi duty for our two daughters so may have to ride back from Thirsk and miss the chippy though...see what they've cooked up on the day!

I can meet you in or near York if you like.

Scotty
02-05-2007, 08:40 PM
reet from the far East 8:45 at the A69/A1 roundabout leave at 9:00 going via Barney , (then maybeReeth and Leyburn )

i prommise not to hoon too much

stirrup
03-05-2007, 10:19 AM
I can meet you in or near York if you like.

Sounds fine, if you're A64ing it, there's a large sideroad/layby on the left by a cafe that's about a mile north of the Hopgrove r/bout. Easy to spot. What sort of time?

bigredduke
03-05-2007, 07:37 PM
Sounds fine, if you're A64ing it, there's a large sideroad/layby on the left by a cafe that's about a mile north of the Hopgrove r/bout. Easy to spot. What sort of time?

I will be coming in on the A1709 from Hull, but...........oh sh*t, www.metcheck.com is now forecasting rain on Sunday:thumbsdown: :Furious: . If it is going to rain, then I'm NOT coming out to play!

Watch this space!

gjfevans
03-05-2007, 08:19 PM
I will be coming in on the A1709 from Hull, but...........oh sh*t, www.metcheck.com is now forecasting rain on Sunday:thumbsdown: :Furious: . If it is going to rain, then I'm NOT coming out to play!

Watch this space!

Dont be such a wuss its only showers that its forcasting and anyway you're not made of candy floss:p

bigredduke
03-05-2007, 08:32 PM
Dont be such a wuss its only showers that its forcasting and anyway you're not made of candy floss:p

True, but I cannot abide soggy fish & chips! (or a soggy ride either)

gjfevans
03-05-2007, 08:52 PM
Thats no way to talk about the wife:p

stirrup
04-05-2007, 07:45 AM
If it is going to rain, then I'm NOT coming out to play!

No sweat, feel much the same, I'm going back to plan A and ride straight to Thirsk, maybe see you there if it's not raining.

bigredduke
04-05-2007, 07:53 AM
Thats no way to talk about the wife:p

How very dare you! My wife does not make soggy fish & chips.

nambduke
04-05-2007, 11:17 AM
True, but I cannot abide soggy fish & chips! (or a soggy ride either)

I'm with bigreduke on this....if it's raining I ain't playing out! If I'm out and it rains, well ok....just keep an eye on the forecast.....probably best to get an update on the forum from each of us around the region...say at 8.30am on Sunday morning. We might be ok as it just says light showers.......

Regards,
Mark Nambduke

Lowsider
04-05-2007, 11:37 AM
Would love to join you all but 2 things put me off......

1. the weather looks poor
2. I have no handlebars.......... long story but my originals are bent and am waiting for some rizoma ones to arrive.

bigredduke
04-05-2007, 03:49 PM
I'm with bigreduke on this....if it's raining I ain't playing out! If I'm out and it rains, well ok....just keep an eye on the forecast.....probably best to get an update on the forum from each of us around the region...say at 8.30am on Sunday morning. We might be ok as it just says light showers.......

Regards,
Mark Nambduke

Will your bike be ready then Mark?

gjfevans
04-05-2007, 09:36 PM
Would love to join you all but 2 things put me off......

1. the weather looks poor
2. I have no handlebars.......... long story but my originals are bent and am waiting for some rizoma ones to arrive.

I will accept the lack of handle bars as an excuse but "I might get wet" is very poor especially as its only forcasting showers

nambduke
05-05-2007, 12:07 AM

Wizzing over Saturday morning to collect it:running: .....!!!:dizzy: this morning after collecting parcels from courier for my polo shirts - long story, taking Nicholas to golf then blasting down to Ducati John's to collect my bike. We're going to play with the fuelling when I'm there as he thinks the performance can be improved. John was surprised how well my aircooled DS M1000 went:on: ! Just a fit motor was the opinion! Went through the MOT no problem with Hi level DP Titanium cans (105db:shocked: ) & open air box! God, the law is an ar$e isn't it!!

John's just done a full customised service - belts and all - so summer here I come. I'm a happy bunny for what he's charged me. Half that of a main dealer! I'll be going back again in the future - really nice guy as well. Good luck to him in his business I say.......excellent workshop he's moved into recently.:thumbsup:

One tip to all of the M1000 guys, check the bolts on the alternator cover....mine were loose and was weaping oil....I'll post this in the right area some time.

Fingers crossed for Sunday!! Hope to see you all at Thirsk around 11.00am

Regards,
Mark Nambduke

nambduke
05-05-2007, 09:04 PM

Well.....my bike was ready. Ducati John has done an ace job. First class. Wholly recommended......but that's the good part of the story over.....

Travelling back home up the M1 around Junction 46, WHAM - I had a major moment when I had a sudden deflation of the rear tyre at about 70mph;) plus a bit in the outside lane.....almost decided to part company but held it and threw it over to the hard shoulder where I managed to stop ok.:on:

Wife only just managed to get the hard shoulder about 1/4mile further ahead.......also, longer story about the merits of thinking I had AA cover - which was only for the Saab and Green Flag who's operator put the phone down on me :eyepopping: after telling me I also wasn't covered!!:nash: :nash: The dark clouds began to come over....then 2 monsters looked at me and I thought YES....:Furious: who both bloody rode on!! :nash: Thanks guys - not!! Couldn't possibly be any of the Yorkshire guys...surely not. If they were...hang your heads in shame!!!!!!!!:thumbsdown:

A friendly BMW rider stopped and pulled out a can of sealant, which I almost used, but another quick call to the Green Flag HQ sorted things out and I managed to get home on the back of a ruddy breakdown truck at around 4:45pm....A few other guys on bikes offered to stop, but having sorted the Green Flag service out, they all got at a friendly thumbs up and a wave to continue....

Sunday.....and I know I'll be ribbed.....but if the weather is OK, I'll be there on Richard Nambduke's VFR800.........sorry!!!!!

And the scary thing about this story.....I've just managed to open my morning mail and my bank has again confirmed I have breakdown cover for all vehicles even if they aren't mine!! Moral of the story, carry every bit of information you have on whatever cover you have with you everywhere you go and don't leave the house until you have checked you've go it with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banghead: :banghead:

gjfevans
05-05-2007, 10:23 PM
So where abouts in Thirsk?

nambduke
05-05-2007, 10:30 PM
So where abouts in Thirsk?

Glyn,
In the market place/square is usually where everyone meets up. I'll be on my son's Black VFR800 unfortunately - see my previous post!!
Regards,
Mark
PS ;) best uniform I hope!!

gjfevans
05-05-2007, 10:49 PM
Ok I will see you there (weather permitting) with best bib and tucker.
Sounds like you had a lucky escape really it could have been a lot worse....your son might have had a scooter

bigredduke
05-05-2007, 10:51 PM
Glad to hear you are ok Mark, sounds like a very scary moment! was it a nail or similar?

Lowsider
06-05-2007, 07:34 AM
Jesus Mark!!!!!!!!

An damage other than no rear tyre........ What were they?

Scotty
06-05-2007, 07:30 PM
smile your famous ( on t'interweb at least)
http://www.ducati-upnorth.com/forum/photopost/
errm theres a little calender thing on the right 6th may is the date to click

nambduke
07-05-2007, 12:25 AM
Smashing day. Fish and Chip at Hadley's was excellent:eyepopping: . Thanks to everyone who arranged anything and everything.....next time I should be Ducati shod.....thankfully I was able to attend this time in one piece, albeit on an inappropriate bike.

PS - maybe there was a message to everyone.....a little bird $hit on my son's VFR800 at the whistle stop!!! Let that be a warning:eek: .....never, ever buy a bike without any soul......:woot:

Very best regards,
Mark Nambuke

stirrup
07-05-2007, 07:04 AM
Good to meet up yesterday. Enjoyed the trip out.

Nambduke, Jeez man, nightmare stuff, glad you're okay. And there was me chuffed to not be riding cross plys thinking radials only go flat slowly. Damn...

Had a close thing near home meself : Had a bird go down on me about a mile from home......
looked down and it just missed the front rim, a rook I think!

stirrup
07-05-2007, 07:06 AM
[QUOTE=Scotty;204782]smile your famous ( on t'interweb at least)

Wah hey! Stirrups little monsters on the web! Thanks for taking the pics.

bigredduke
07-05-2007, 08:07 AM
Really enjoyed yesterday! as Nambduke says, the f & c's were the best I'd had for ages! Even got a cozy table for 4 next to the fryer so Smiler warmed up nicely! Good to see you again Glyn.
We got separated on the way home - I was riding with M600 MON, sorry we were not introduced. We nearly didn't make it out of Whitby though - some complete twat in a chavmobile nearly ploughed through us at the mini-roundabout. He was going so fast he couldn't stop and nearly collided with a woman in a green corsa who had the right of way, then he(presumably) nearly rolled it. Twat!

Thanks for the polo shirts Mark, they fit my racing snake frame nicely, i shall wear them with pride at the weekender.

Scotty
07-05-2007, 08:30 AM
humm as ever im dissapointed with myself, arrived late only talked very breifly to a few people (i cant remember any names to faces very well) and then buggered off (it seems my fear of north yorks police was missplaced (that day at least))

so help me out here who was out from the MOC'ers ?

nambduke - the 8 foot tall bloke touting the lates in fashon ?
bigredduke - having seen you twice this year i can just about remember your now :)
nhowroyd - whos not rough from brough ?

have i got that right ?

gjfevans
07-05-2007, 08:58 AM
humm as ever im dissapointed with myself, arrived late only talked very breifly to a few people (i cant remember any names to faces very well) and then buggered off (it seems my fear of north yorks police was missplaced (that day at least))

so help me out here who was out from the MOC'ers ?

nambduke - the 8 foot tall bloke touting the lates in fashon ?
bigredduke - having seen you twice this year i can just about remember your now :)
nhowroyd - whos not rough from brough ?

have i got that right ?

No that was Big redduke who was not rough from Brough:D

Scotty
07-05-2007, 09:00 AM
damm more confused than ever :?

Lowsider
07-05-2007, 09:44 AM
come on scotty pull yer finger out!!!!

Next time I will be there!!! If I have me handlebar sorted!!!

nambduke
10-05-2007, 11:33 AM
Glad to hear you are ok Mark, sounds like a very scary moment! was it a nail or similar?

bigredduke,

New tyre fitted yesterday - The hole was caused by a rusty drill bit - still on the inside of the tyre when removed from the rim! Puncture hole on the outer was about 5mm, but about 10mm on the inside:eyepopping: !! No real option other than fit a new tyre.....I'd rather to be safe than sorry.

Also bought an emergency 'get you to the next tyre garage' repair kit. Comes with 3 repair plugs and CO2 canisters that fit under the seat (!!somewhere??) Talk about doing something after the horse has bolted!!:dunce:

So.....back on the road again!! YYYYIIIIPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Regards,
Mark Nambduke