PDA

View Full Version : pillion

NEAN&chris
29-04-2007, 08:54 PM
i must say, chris certainly rides much better these days, he goes faster and winds round bends like a swift avoiding a magpie.:thumbsup:

and i as a pillion have also learnt a lot, i dont have to hold on any more:p

although i have found from riding into the wind, that my neck has got stronger.:spin:

also at his high speeds, when we go over a bump i either leave the seat, which can be fun, or i feel my brain hit the top of my skull, which is quite worrying.

happy riding:p

Chris & Nean
29-04-2007, 08:59 PM
:D :D :D :spin:

gremlin
29-04-2007, 10:22 PM
I used to love being pillion until I rode my own bike, now it's not so much fun. His nibs has also dropped a tooth on the front sprocket and now the Fazer goes off like a cat with a firework up it's bum. Twice I lost a peg today, once when the front wheel went skyward launching from lights, the peg folded and I spent the next 100 yards with my right leg going up and down like a one legged cyclist trying to unfold it, then off a roundabout he just opened her up and nearly the same happened again. The guys down the pub said I must carry my b***s in a wheelbarrow cos they wouldn't go on the back with him. I don't hold on most of the time, the grab rails are too far back and up to 110 it's okay after that I hurt too much and a swift punch to the midriff usually does the trick!
Hard braking can dislodge you too I jammed him against the tank today cos he had to brake rather suddenly and I slid up the seat. He admitted that he'd polished the seat when he last cleaned the bike so I guess it was his fault. That's my excuse anyway. Can't wait to get my bike on the road.

NEAN&chris
30-04-2007, 09:28 PM
lol gremlin. i love it when chris goes for it and overtakes, my brain is left behind, quite frightening, then when at last he changes gear i laugh my head off

johnnystorm
30-04-2007, 09:41 PM
I had a pillion for the first time at the weekend, was initially bricking it but suprised how stable it felt. That, or top marks to my passenger for not flapping about!

banditloon
30-04-2007, 11:11 PM
I hate taking pillion!!

Oh best change that, my girlfriend is back from Italy tomorrow...... :chuckle:

Seriously though, I hated taking pillions on my Blandit. But then again it was a cheap bike made from parts left in Mr Suzukis warehouse from oil cooled gixers and RF900's. The rear shock was terrible and just my 10 stone frame on the bike upset it!!

Decided when I got Nessie to try taking a pillion again (and a quiet life as the girlfriend was moaning about going out on the bike!!). Seat cowl off, she gets on the pillion seat and off we go round the block (round Chelsea FFS!!). Got back to her flat, told her to get some money and ended up at the Ace Cafe for coffee. Next day was spent riding down to Goodwood for the Italian brekkie run!

I actually don't mind having someone sitting behind me now. Plus, if she starts falling asleep, one small twist on the throttle soon keeps her awake!! :chuckle:

gremlin
01-05-2007, 03:29 PM
Clive used to be really smooth but since the tweaks he seems to be less so, Fuzzy seems to just go mental in all gears and I have to have my wits about me. I get nodding dog syndrome and nut him now, where I didn't before, and I could quite happily fall asleep on the back, no chance now. I'd be a bonnet mascot, in fact I've nearly been one twice when we've launched off lights, front has come up and I've had to scrabble to stay on. Needless to say he got a cuff round the helmet. Everyone said that once you've ridden your own bike you hate going on the back and I was hoping it wasn't true cos it is nice to be chauffered sometimes, but I must admit I get frit now where I used to not bother. Anything up to 150 I was quite happy, now over the ton and I want to get off. Wheelies made me sqeal and laugh now he gets walloped. Perhaps I'm finally getting sensible.

Nonnie
01-05-2007, 03:51 PM
I've fallen asleep pillion before.

Hats off to the guy in front for that!

I don't really go pillion much these days but now ED has no bike, I may have to. He's an infinitely better rider than me so I wouldn't take him pillion. Back to the days of pub lunches and several glasses of wine for me then as I'm not riding.

Mand
01-05-2007, 04:16 PM
I've been pillion with Dave Woods, going around Mallory ........ nuff said!

Also been pillion several times with Alex (ex bike courier) through rush hour traffic......... lordy!

MrsJel
01-05-2007, 04:46 PM
My son used to go on the back of me (on the fazers) but since he's bigger than me now and the space on the back of the monster is a bit small we don't do that any more.

First time I went pillion was on the back of my little bro's GSXR750. Went from Whitwick to Loughborough in what seemed like 5 mins in a borrowed lid which was too big and nearly took me head off. That did put me off a bit.

Got to say though - its quite comfy on the back of the Tiger now and again and you do get a really good view from up there.

Carole

gremlin
01-05-2007, 04:52 PM
Clives worst was stooopid speeds between standing traffic on M11/ A14 racing a gixer. It was like Tron, the adrenaline rush was awesome but it was so silly, it only needed a car door to open and we would have been mincemeat. I guess the only advantage being pillion, as Nonnie said, is that you can have a beer or two and not worry. I couldn't take Clive as pillion cos he weighs more than me and I wouldn't feel safe. It's all academic until I sort my test anyway.

Chris & Nean
01-05-2007, 04:56 PM
You wouldnt catch me getting on to a bike sitting behind soemone.

NEAN&chris
01-05-2007, 09:22 PM
actually when we are cruising gently i do nod off.

Chris & Nean
01-05-2007, 09:40 PM
stooopid speeds between standing traffic on M11/ A14 racing a gixer. It was like Tron, the adrenaline rush was awesome but it was so silly, it only needed a car door to open and we would have been mincemeat.

That sounds like a quite surreal experience gremlin, it reminds me abit of that vid of the guy lapping the Paris ring road system in 11 mins.

gremlin
01-05-2007, 09:53 PM
Wouldn't have been the KTM vid would it? That's pretty cool but got banned. As to our little escapade it was sooo stupid and I really can't believe we did it. Don't think we'd do it again!! Think the red mist got his nibs, didn't want to be beaten by a gixer, I'd kill him if he tried it again.

Chris & Nean
01-05-2007, 10:20 PM
I just watched that KTM vid grem, another scarey movie,! the one I was on about is an actual timed circuit of the Paris ring road, its damn scarey too.

typ 'Paris ring road' on google video

gremlin
02-05-2007, 01:22 PM
Trouble is after seeing KTM vid, himself wants one, he's bad enough on the Fazer I daren't think what he'd be like with a KTM. At least he wouldn't have the top end speed I suppose. It's the weaving in and out of traffic which he loves doing and I have kittens over. Roll on getting the beasty on the road. Unfortunately with such a huge vet bill for the cat it may take a bit longer.!