PDA

View Full Version : First post...

yellowfever
29-04-2007, 12:16 PM
Hello to everyone - finally making my first post having been registered for over a year. Laptop died/new to all this thread business/lazy (select excuse from list...)

Had an interesting biking year last year - crashed my owned since new 10 year old M600 at a wet silverstone track day as part of ill advised attempt to shake off winter rustiness/stop being so slow ahead of doing a big tour of denmark, sweden, estonia, latvia and lithuenia. Sob. But silver lining was (a) amazingly I did not have a scratch on me (thank you Arai) and (b) as already got trip booked and could not get bike fixed in time had to get a new S2R 1000 (instead of new kitchen...) and just managed to get run in and serviced and documents through in time to go (thank you Ron Parkinson - great dealer). Was fab trip and sun shone. Anyway looking to get skills/confidence up and hoping to do some serious biking this year (gotta justify having 2 bikes!) - went back to commuting again (on M600 - now fixed tho' cosmetics still to do), signed up for UKMOC trackday (looking forward to meeting some of you there - and hopefully staying right way up this time...) and off to WDW. So should be a great year!

If anyone's been to previous WDW's and got any tips about where to stay let me know. I'm taking my time getting there as hoping to stop by a German biking mate on way out, but be good to hook up with fellow UKMOCers at the event itself. Any key places people stay/hang out? Got ticket already, but will look to sort accom/ferry in next few weeks (if laptop behaves...) so appreciate any advice....

Cheers

yellowfever

Bodybag
29-04-2007, 12:49 PM
Hello and welcome. It sounds like you get out and about a lot. Maybe bump into you in Colchester if you use Parky's.

Headhunter
29-04-2007, 01:15 PM
Bet you haven't been round London more times than the D&C line.

Hope to bump into you at WDW, ACE or UKMOC events. Depending on where abouts you are in London, I sometimes meet up with Surrey lot. Kenties are a top bunch too, if you are out East.

yellowfever
04-05-2007, 03:31 PM
Cheers - laptop died right after I posted! Back working again now (touch wood).... I'm in E3 and do get to ace cafe some sundays or more local meet at high beach but my usual fun ride is round great dunmow/finchingfield way as just a short blast up M11 before getting to some good roads and makes a nice change from dodging traffic on the commute!

Off to parkies Tues next week as rear brake on S2R is pants which makes low speed riding tricky - reservoir and brake piston get v hot from exhaust and engine so gonna try different brake fluid to cope with the temp and get different pads whilst at it... I'll report back if makes a difference in case other S2R riders having similar issues....

Look forwad to bumping into some UKMOCers this year and will be at trackday, so see some of you there.

Grateful for any WDW tips in meantime for anyone who's been before....

J.P
04-05-2007, 03:49 PM
Welcome to the fold. Hope to bump into you too at some point.

yellowfever
04-05-2007, 04:33 PM
Cheers - if you see S2R 1000 in acid yellow and black stripe that's me as not standard colour. Or yellow M600 with nice dent in tank and chamfered exhaust (tho' that might not narrow things down as much!) come say "hi"

Cheers

slob
04-05-2007, 04:35 PM
awww, go on mister sell us yer tatty old 600!

...or see you out there(I'm over in E16)

yellowfever
04-05-2007, 04:57 PM
Rather sell you my kidney :) (which is probably tattier). Owned the M600 since new (11 years!) and have all the bits to make her perfect again - a year of e-bay obsession, few of cheaper bits from Alex at Daytona and even got a mint tank from a bloke in DOC (apologies if mentioning rival ducati club is bad form, new to all this posting etiquette.....). Just waiting for funds to recover and track days to be successfully completed (ie without crashing) before fitting... Tho' am enjoying added respect from commuters that a few battle scars gives...

see you in the bus lanes dodging the cameras....

banditloon
04-05-2007, 06:04 PM
Rather sell you my kidney :) (which is probably tattier). Owned the M600 since new (11 years!) and have all the bits to make her perfect again - a year of e-bay obsession, few of cheaper bits from Alex at Daytona and even got a mint tank from a bloke in DOC (apologies if mentioning rival ducati club is bad form, new to all this posting etiquette.....). Just waiting for funds to recover and track days to be successfully completed (ie without crashing) before fitting... Tho' am enjoying added respect from commuters that a few battle scars gives...

Welcome back to the forum and the fun of UK riding :thumbsup:

I have a similar issue with my old Blandit. 8 years old, loads of miles and not selling it as I want to rebuild the bloody thing!! :D I need something for the winter that isn't red and has two cylinders :chuckle:

yellowfever
04-05-2007, 08:18 PM
Thanks. Just spotted it's Italian night at Ace next Thurs (10th) and due for a rare early finish at work that day so for once hope to make it and maybe see a few fellow London based UKMOCers....