PDA

View Full Version : suzuki lt 50 kids quad running a bit smokey

dean
28-04-2007, 10:22 PM
Hi yall, first the disclaimer, the item in question is not a monster nor is it a ducati. I make the claim for this post under the "monster owner who needs to know about something else" clause.

I cant remember about 2 strokes as it has been a long time since i have ridden them. My boy has a suzuki lt50 quad that i recently bought for him, it seems to be running ok and not conking out,however there is a fair bit of white smoke coming out. No leaks and no other running problems so why the white smoke?

Fuel mix?
Gasket?
something else??

This is important as tomorrow we are attempting to break the local record of jumping three dollups of cow pat without coming off (needless to say my boy is highly motivated to succeed, if he comes off he is walking home as there is no way he is travelling in my car smelling of poo)

many thanks yall,Dean

JayT
29-04-2007, 06:12 PM
Could it be that there is too much 2 stroke oil in it? I used to have an RS50 when i was 16, that used to do the same. And the 2-stroke scooter I had

If so, just let it burn through, shouldnt be a major problem

gremlin
29-04-2007, 06:53 PM
how old is the bike ? if it was designed to run on old skool 2 stroke oil, and you have put modern synthetic in , that be your problem. nothing to worry about.