PDA

View Full Version : ozzy osborne

Chris & Nean
27-04-2007, 10:11 PM
we r going to see ozzy in july. what singer/band do u lot like?

gjfevans
27-04-2007, 10:49 PM
Where do I start..John Martyn, Paul Weller, Hawkwind, Gong, King Crimson, Arctic Monkeys, The Who, Morcheeba, Hendrix, Genesis, Peter Gabriel, Steve Hillage, Beth Orton, The Velvet Underground, Bowie, Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Crowded House or anything that you can listen to stoned:banana:Not that I have ever been stoned of course

Chris & Nean
28-04-2007, 12:07 AM
she got this thing about burnt out old blokes,?? i like all that stuff u mentiond gif as well as 3 doors down and neil young and everyone else :thumbsup:

Bodybag
28-04-2007, 12:09 AM
Where do I start..John Martyn, Paul Weller, Hawkwind, Gong, King Crimson, Arctic Monkeys, The Who, Morcheeba, Hendrix, Genesis, Peter Gabriel, Steve Hillage, Beth Orton, The Velvet Underground, Bowie, Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Crowded House or anything that you can listen to stoned:banana:Not that I have ever been stoned of course

What he said plus Ray LaMontagne, Killers, Pearl Jam, Magic Numbers. And so on etc.

gremlin
28-04-2007, 01:51 PM
All the above, plus George Clinton, The Jam, most old punk bands being of a certain age! Paul Williams, Jim Croce, Maroon 5, pretty much anything except gangsta rap and most hip hop. Like Faithless though and Moby. Our collection has a bit of everything from rock, punk, blues, classical, funk. I think Clives got at least 1000 tracks on the computer which is great when we have friends round, we just do a playlist and it lasts all night but then we have the joint CD collection which is eclectic to say the least..

Nonnie
28-04-2007, 04:13 PM
I have actually been rung up at 4am by a friend from America, just so they could tell me I was, indeed, the Queen of **** music.

I think I need say no more.

I love music, the lyrics, the harmonies, I can read and play it, my collection has no prisoners, it's jam packed full of anything at all. We're talking Zucchero to Vivaldi, ACDC to Madonna and James Brown all the way to Space Themes taking in a quick detour of Irish, Italian, a bit of Billy Connolly and a smattering of thrash metal. You see?

MilesB
28-04-2007, 05:06 PM
Susan and me are going to see Madness and The Stranglers on Mad Sunday at Peel Festival on the Isle of Man :thumbsup:

Spanner
28-04-2007, 05:17 PM
Seasick Steve. Mr James Hendrix. Led Zep. Audioslave. Kings of Leon. AC/DC. The Raconteurs. Plus loads more. Can't stand all that wishy washy stuff like Cold-dirge, Macaroon 5, Slow Patrol. Absolute pooh IMHO.

dst1
28-04-2007, 05:26 PM
Sabbath, Thin Lizzie, Ozzie, Deep Purple, and good traditional Reggie

Chris & Nean
28-04-2007, 07:14 PM
Has anyone got a secret jem of a track that by some chance might ov been missed or overlookcked,??? I always liked Alvine Lee and thought I had heard most of his stuff but just recently I heard a track of his for the first time that I had somehow missed, it was called "Bluest Blues" it has been described as one of the greatest blues recordings of all time, when I first heard it i listend to it about 20 times before I got sick of it, can still hear it every day and its just as good as the first time.

banditloon
28-04-2007, 07:17 PM
Madness (They be at Guilfest this year :thumbsup:), The Jam, The Specials, U2, Coldplay... Ermmmm loads of stuff...

I'm just a music junkie me :thumbsup:

gremlin
28-04-2007, 09:36 PM
Glad to see Seasick Steve in the mix, he's awesome. My mate Vicky Grady is brill but she hasn't been signed up yet, does Alanis Morisette really well but her own stuff is ace. If it's possible I'll post a track. I must admit there are some crackin bands around. My ex was going to take me to see the Stones in Milan cos he was doing the stage but he dumped me just before we were due to go. Mum was worried in case I met Mick Jagger, gawd know what she thought would happen, considering he goes to bed with a cocoa these days.
Music junkie's a good name I guess I'd go for that too!!:thumbsup:

Mr Cake
29-04-2007, 05:12 AM
Going to see The Who (whats left of 'em) in June. Had ticket to see Ozzy in Birmingham on Halloween a few years ago but he decided to break his neck falling off a quad.

Dave

dave 955
29-04-2007, 06:29 PM
went to see JOAN ARMOURPLAATING IN HOLMFIRTH BRILL

dave 955
29-04-2007, 06:32 PM
Joan Armour Plating Holmfirth Brmill

gremlin
29-04-2007, 06:59 PM
She was running a computer school a few years back, his nibs did her entryphone/intercom thingy, didn't know whether to cash her cheque or frame it bless him!

NEAN&chris
29-04-2007, 08:33 PM
just goes to show, monster owners have such good taste