PDA

View Full Version : the Camera does Lie

Humbucker
27-04-2007, 04:15 PM
So i get home from work last night only for the missus to hand me a letter informing me that i had been caught speeding on my bike. However, on looking at the small black and white picture on the picture i notice that the helmet and Jacket are different. The picture was also taken the day after i had my accident. So i go down to my local Station to advise them, who kindly inform me that it is an Essex Police problem and to contact them as the offence happened in Billericay which is approx only 30 minutes from me.

After contacting essex police i have been informed that there is indeed someone out there cloning bikes but have been asked to prove that it was not me riding where i think it should be them proving it was. My bike has been broken but safely tucked away for 2 weeks.

I have emailed them a picture of my bike, my jacket and my lid and know just have to wait and see.

To make matters worse they have now flagged the reg and so i now have the possibilty of being pulled up every 5 mins once i'm back on the road.

What a complete load of B*****ks.

RANT OVER

banditloon
27-04-2007, 04:17 PM
:thumbsdown:

gremlin
28-04-2007, 01:58 PM
It's a right pain in the arse but at least the bastard who has your plate will also have to go through it too and hopefully get caught. That is if there are any traffic cops out there of course! It should be easier for you to prove you are in the clear than it will be for the other low life to prove it is his bike, plate etc. Although he could be an innocent party who has bought a cloned bike in which case he's in even more sh1t poor sod.

DesmoDom
28-04-2007, 07:09 PM
I had a letter from the DVLA last week asking me if I was still the owner of my S4, as someone was attempting to register a bike with my reg, then got a phone call from them saying it was a clerical error !!!, still suspicious though.

Baz

gremlin
28-04-2007, 09:42 PM
It's really worrying how easy it seem to be to get cloned plates, especially after the clamp down on getting number plates made up. A few months ago a chap saw his bike on Evilbay, he rang the cops but by then some poor sod had bought the bike. it was a clone and obviously knicked. I don't know how it can be stopped.