PDA

View Full Version : police at sherburn

cheeky monkey
25-04-2007, 10:45 PM
bit disappointed to see so many police at sherburn .pulling over as many bikes as possible. got done because my new remus cans didnt have a bs number. £30 fine. and i wasnt the only one, loads of bikes done. also further up the a1 sliproad with a speed gun. surley its discrimination against bikers.:confused:

gjfevans
25-04-2007, 11:10 PM
Just as well you got rid of your Supertraps or you would have been nicked for disturbing the peace as well !!

cheeky monkey
25-04-2007, 11:15 PM
maybe not . he was only interested in the bs marking and the number plate. and his mate was useing the speed gun on every thing that passed. except cars of course

cheeky monkey
25-04-2007, 11:15 PM
you going to the weekender?

hammy
26-04-2007, 08:18 AM
It's good to see the police being put to good use. Never mind all the rapists, illeagal immigrants, kiddy fidlers etc. etc. So long as no one's riding round with an 'illeagal' exhaust, we can make this nation great again... C***S!!

NC35
26-04-2007, 08:48 AM
OOOOOPs - glad I didn't join you....

Looks like Sun Inn is going to be the new meeting place, especially if Squires is to close...

You will need to watch out for a v quick Blade with a guy in a fluorescent jacket (think his name is O'ld Bill) and the Subaru with flashing lights and the cow s**t & tractors

sjr999r
26-04-2007, 09:57 AM
Sad to say it,but we are all tax payers,we are very easy prey for them,had a simular thing at 'Paignton bike nite' a young probationer office was goner start dishin out tickets,till a senior copper pulled him to one side put him in the picture as in bad PR and there were 12 coppers there and around 2000 bikers if he wanted a riot he was going the rite way about it
To be fair to D & C police they are not really bothered by bikers (unless u wheelie down a packed Queen street on a sat afternoon) u see more smashed up traffic cars down here than on the road!!!!!!

banditloon
26-04-2007, 10:05 AM
I'm just awaiting the Surrey police attention at Rykas. It will happen again very soon. The lovely police officers running around the car park with tape measures and a ticket book. It's always the police in the traffic cars that do it, never the bike cops... Wonder why :chuckle:

hammy
26-04-2007, 10:40 AM
Looks like Sun Inn is going to be the new meeting place, especially if Squires is to close...

I didn't know Squires was closing. How come? When?

Which Sun Inn? the only one I know is the one out towards the 'Golf balls' on the way to Pately Bridge.

cheeky monkey
26-04-2007, 03:57 PM
was talking to harry (owner of squires) yes its been sold, but must stay as a bike meeting place. bet north yorks police are happy:grump: the sun inn is the one near the golf balls on menwith hill.

bod
26-04-2007, 05:47 PM
Where were they hiding on the hill just before the bridge?

cheeky monkey
26-04-2007, 08:00 PM
one outside sherburn in the lay by, one past the cafe near the a1 bridge, then one on the slip road on the leeds side. just where you open it up to get on the a1

Zimbo
26-04-2007, 08:10 PM
surley its discrimination against bikers.:confused:

It's easy to see it that way i know, but as long as we, as bikers, keep chucking ourselves recklessly into the scenery in the numbers we do I'm afraid we haven't a leg to stand on. It's certainly true that in general the bike with a small plate, race can etc that hangs arouind one of the "posing" bike meet venues is the one more likely to be ridden at high speeds and, sadly, suffer a fatal crash.

rockjock620
26-04-2007, 09:49 PM
What do you expect if you MUST go there on a Wednesday evening? use a bit of imagination. Likewise with the Sun Inn. Yes, it is the one mentioned. Plenty of police activity there too. Wednesday nights and sunny Sunday afternoons. Strange that.

cheeky monkey
26-04-2007, 10:29 PM
i dont expect to be victimised because i ride a bike.

Zimbo
26-04-2007, 11:11 PM
You're not, you're being victimised because you have illegal cans and a propensity to speed and chuck yourself through hedges and into lorry grilles at speed :)