PDA

View Full Version : How To : Front Paddock Stand

J.P
23-04-2007, 04:11 PM
got my set of Micron paddock stands last week and got the rear stand working no problem and all good.
But I'm more cautious on using the front stand as I've never seen on in action.
Any pictures greatly appreciated.

Mr Cake
23-04-2007, 04:53 PM
Is it an under steering head type or the dreaded under fork leg variety?

If its the under fork leg type I wouldn't bother trying. I've had this type and the bike fell off it on numerous occasions! And thats even when I got as far as lifting the front up. Be very very careful. Better still, get the under steering head type.

Dave

banditloon
23-04-2007, 05:30 PM
If its the under fork leg type I wouldn't bother trying. I've had this type and the bike fell of it on numerous occasions! And thats even when I got as far as lifting the front up. Be very very careful. Better still, get the under steering head type.

I don't use my front paddock stand unless I have a responsible adult helping me.

slob
23-04-2007, 05:33 PM
Blimey, best get my camera out again

Mr Cake
23-04-2007, 05:44 PM
I don't use my front paddock stand unless I have a responsible adult helping me.
The steering head type stand is an absolute breeze to use on your own. I go on the the thinking that these things are designed for use on your own. The fork type stand is a gamble on yer tod though!!!

Dave

Dave G
23-04-2007, 06:03 PM
I've had both,bought the steering head one when I had my 916- only to discover it had a solid bottom yolk:rolleyes: .
Its a couple of years old now and has been used at trackdays for our nc30's and last year it gave way while being used,so these kind aren't perfect either.

I've got the fork leg one at home and just used it to change my front discs, carefully position it (once the bike is secure on a rear stand!!) one lug under the fork leg and the other lug will 'cup' just behind the fork leg bottom, then just evenly press down, up she comes and that all there is.

Kato
23-04-2007, 07:34 PM
Never had a problem with the under fork type, don't know what all the fuss is about

DesmoDom
23-04-2007, 08:43 PM
I've not had any problems either, been using the same DP one (type that fits into the bottom of the forks) for 7 years.

Baz