PDA

View Full Version : Disillusioned

Gim
22-04-2007, 03:15 PM
Am feeling very sorry for myself today. Did all me chores yesterday, got up early for work this morning so as I could get to boxhill to meet up with the dsc, go out to bike and it wont start. Had it charging all day and the bloody thing just wont go. Thought I would do the obvious and check the plugs, but because I'm a numptey I hav'nt bothered to get a spanner to reach into the bowels of the earth. So like I say am a bit hacked off with the Ducati thing today (maybe its just the overcomplicated watercooled bit) and as the girlfriend's gone out and the whole days been wasted and I've only got the dog to moan at about it, I am expressing myself by the medium of the forum :grump:
Rob

Gadget
22-04-2007, 03:38 PM
It is still early in the season. There will be other days. They might not be as warm as today though.
At least you got all your chores done.
I got most of mine done yesterday also.
I still have 3 weeks ironing to do..
Oh the joys of not having a woman around.

Gim
22-04-2007, 05:53 PM
You see Gadget ....monsters dont appreciate living in a nice garage ! One more go tomorrow then its in the back of the horse box :banghead:

Gadget
22-04-2007, 06:17 PM
The garage is for me to coral them safely. They can live outdoors but I am becoming soft in my dotage. A roof while I tinker is what I am after. And a hydraulic bench so I don't have to bend over too much.

Gim
22-04-2007, 06:32 PM
In desperation I tried jumping her...not even a splutter..probably fried the electrics now:grump:

Chris & Nean
22-04-2007, 07:42 PM
ours wouldnt start yesterday, then chris discovered he had selected a false neutral, phew! we ride again. he rolled it out but the bike thought it was still in gear and therefore wouldnt start.

nean

yeharrr
23-04-2007, 07:27 AM
It is always when you want to go for a ride that they decide not to work.
Buy a Harley as well as the Monster, after a short while the Harley will start to make the Monster seem reliable.

Gim
23-04-2007, 08:07 AM
It is always when you want to go for a ride that they decide not to work.
Buy a Harley as well as the Monster, after a short while the Harley will start to make the Monster seem reliable.

Rode a harley last year...never let me down !
Its probably my fault, she's not been guite right for a bit, then. having said that she was a s good as gold thrashing down to brands last weekend :scratch:
A trip to the doctors is required methinks will attempt another start today
Rob

banditloon
23-04-2007, 09:05 AM
Different problems, same feelings though! Damn springs :( I have been moaning at the girlfriend all weekend, whilst stuck walking round Chelsea and watching the Moto GP. Still the GP reminded me why Ducatis are good fun ;) :chuckle:

Then when that was all over and finished, I was stressed and peed off about the gear selector springs :( Time to get her booked in for next week :D

Gim
23-04-2007, 12:37 PM
Got a proper plug socket..cleaned plugs and whooosh !
Definately running rich though so booked in next week
At least she's sort of ok..shame about the waste of yesterday though
I guess thats one lesson learnt the hard way :dunce:
Have to say that the plugs were a bit black but they didnt look bad enough to stop her firing up....my lawnmower will run untill the plug gap is filled with crap:chuckle:

banditloon
23-04-2007, 01:40 PM
my lawnmower will run untill the plug gap is filled with crap:chuckle:

My Blandit does the same :chuckle:

Mostro69
23-04-2007, 02:00 PM
...I have been moaning at the girlfriend all weekend...
Time to get her booked in for next week :D

I like it.

banditloon
23-04-2007, 02:03 PM
I like it.

She's off to Italy :thumbsup: Maybe try and talk her into popping to a 'smallish' factory near Bologna to get some spares for me :chuckle:

Mostro69
23-04-2007, 02:07 PM
Like a spare 1098 :chuckle:

banditloon
23-04-2007, 02:11 PM
Like a spare 1098 :chuckle:

I was thinking more along the lines of a GP7 ;) :chuckle: