PDA

View Full Version : insurance ???

scrapps
20-04-2007, 05:41 PM
Hi all i have just bought a monster 900ie dark from another club member and phoned carole nash to swap cover so i can pick it up saturday. the girl at c/n said they could not cover the bike as does not have 900ie listed ? then told me they can't sort as need to check with insurance people who only work 9 till 5 monday to friday:nash: i asked if they can check via the bike reg but was told they dont have that option on system...
To make things worse they quoted me for the bike earlyer in the week and had no problem... I have had cover with them for 11yrs and never claimed and now i am left with no way of picking bike up this weekend not impressed:nash:

sadbiker
20-04-2007, 06:06 PM
Give Ducati Insurance a ring.
CN have never been able to give me a good quote.

http://www.ducatiinsurance.co.uk/

slob
20-04-2007, 06:11 PM
Speak to her manager.

scrapps
20-04-2007, 06:23 PM
I will prob call again sat as now shut.. got price from ducati ins and still not listed ? used standard m900 s and got good price will try to contact them saturday...

strange monster 900ie dark not listed ?????

Paivi
20-04-2007, 07:45 PM
Try Ebike, too, they're consistently giving me the best quotes, and they're very fast at updating their database when you tell them of a new bike, or one that is missing from their database.

banditloon
20-04-2007, 08:17 PM
I'm with Hastings Direct at the moment. Carole Nash have always been expensive for a 2 bike policy for me! Bennetts can't even get my address right and I have yet to try Ducati insurance...

GULLY
20-04-2007, 08:50 PM
Hi Scrapps
I am with Ducati Insur,and i must add mite the prices are very good.
i give up with Bennetts they can not get the paper work right.

hope you salt out prob soon.
Gully

scrapps
20-04-2007, 09:08 PM
Cheers for the info , I will have a good ring round saturday morning and see how i get on prob try ducati insurance first. spoke to miles and he told me the bike is insured by c/nash at the moment:fou: ....

Albie
20-04-2007, 10:16 PM
If your stuck I can ride it down to you as im fully comp. Im with devitt da with no probs. Just insure it as one on there lists like 900 monster . Whether its 900 carb or ie depends on year and is irrelavent

Kiwi
21-04-2007, 07:32 AM
CN have never been able to give me a good quote.

http://www.ducatiinsurance.co.uk/

Been using Carol nash for years and was really happy until I bought a ducati and wanted to add it to my policy

To insure one ducati is dearer than insuring 4 other more expensive bikes

have had excellent quote from Footman James

scrapps
21-04-2007, 08:45 AM
Cheers for the offer albie but spoke c/nash today and got a helpfull guy who found what they had it listed as for miles and got me sorted.:yoparty: they are still expencive so i will look for a new insurance company in the week, when i have the time. price has gone from £160 full comp ect on the 620ie to......£280.00 full comp on 900ie:eyepopping: this does inc full euro breakdown cover and protected no claims (11 years) still sounds high.:Furious:

Albie
21-04-2007, 11:32 AM
my two bikes are around £300 together fully comp but obviously are 8valvers so they worth more as they have water in them.

Its still less than a £1 a day so thats cool.

Sqwifeve
22-04-2007, 09:06 PM
Scrapps,

I had similar trouble with CN. They couldn't find the note asking them to renew my policy and take the money so didn't insure me! Then they couldn't find the 695 and said the same as to you. Then they wanted more money so I went to the Policy Shop and got a similar cover with breakdown etc for about £40 less. Worth a look. :thumbsup:

yeharrr
23-04-2007, 07:40 AM
Nash seem a bit hit and miss. I had been with them for many years without problem, but my wife had nothing but problems. One time, she swapped her cover over to another bike only to realize at a later date that they had also changed the policy from TPFT to third party only. "What if the bike had been stolen?!" We asked, "Dun'o" Said the voice on the phone!
They knocked a wad of cash of a friend’s policy when he told them he could get it cheaper elsewhere. They even said you should never accept the first quote, but ask for a further discount and you will normally get something knocked off. In light of this, my wife decided to give them another go, see if they would knock a bit off in order to A, match another companies quote and B, regain her custom; but no, they said they don't do that, a quote is a quote and they don't mess about haggling! It seems that it depends on whom you speak to.

scrapps
23-04-2007, 01:21 PM
YEP depends who you talk to. been with them 11yrs no problem but now seem to be a pain...:worried:

gary tompkins
23-04-2007, 09:30 PM
I dropped CN after 11 years & no claims. The customer service became a joke and renewal quotes got more expensive every year. Now with H&R and get first rate service and very competitive quotes. Always pays to shop around ;)

russ77
23-04-2007, 11:16 PM
I went with H&R too. My last bike was with Carol Nash. I remember the hoops I had to jump through just to get a quote from them in the first place. Their office hours were inconvenient and their website simply didn't work. Then when I changed bike, they said they wouldn't transfer the policy.

H&R have a website that really works (http://www.insurance2000.co.uk/) and the best feature is that you can ask them to call you rather than making you wait in a queue for ages.

None of us ever wants to test how well a broker performs when you make a claim, so the easiest criteria when choosing a policy are customer service and price. Fall down on either of these and most people will walk away.