PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone suggest I nice Kent pub ?

J.P
20-04-2007, 02:11 PM
Thinking of taking a drive out into Kent from London at some point and just wondered if any of you guys knew of any pretty country pubs that make a nice stop when me and the wife take a ride out ?
Thanks for your suggestions.

squiffything
20-04-2007, 02:16 PM
The wagon and horses

J.P
20-04-2007, 02:25 PM
And if there are some suggestions, it would be good if you could tell me where abouts they actually are please.

squiffything
20-04-2007, 02:54 PM
:) sorry couldn't resist

slob
20-04-2007, 03:50 PM
Golden Lion at Farningham does lovely grub.

Chaos
20-04-2007, 03:58 PM
since moving back to kent a couple of months ago having spent 5 years traped in the w mids most of my old haunts are sadly now no more!!! :nash:
so if ya find a nice one let us know, meanwhile i intend to get out and explore so will keep ya posted :chuckle:

gary tompkins
20-04-2007, 09:07 PM

Pied Bull (also in Farningham) does nice grub, and is a very popular bikers meet despite small carpark.

GULLY
20-04-2007, 09:30 PM

Like Rob said the food is good. so get they be for midday

Pied Bull is a nice pub very friendy

The kings head in bexley good for food at weekend but can get full fast.

banditloon
20-04-2007, 09:33 PM
Pied Bull (also in Farningham) does nice grub, and is a very popular bikers meet despite small carpark.

Nice to read the bikers still annoy the locals in Farningham (apart from going to Brands Hatch of course!!). I can remember those mad Wednesday nights at the Farningham Hotel, watching those mad fewls on Fireblands and Gi**ers racing the Kent polices state of the art 106 diesel up the A20... Oh the joy :chuckle:

MilesB
21-04-2007, 06:08 PM
Thinking of taking a drive out into Kent from London at some point and just wondered if any of you guys knew of any pretty country pubs that make a nice stop when me and the wife take a ride out ?
Thanks for your suggestions.
Justin

Seeing as you know the way now, my local - The Cock at Boughton Monchelsea, does good food, and are bike friendly.

Miles

J.P
21-04-2007, 06:11 PM
Thanks guys for the suggestions.

Lady-Bob
27-04-2007, 05:23 PM
Am I too late to put my suggestion in?

Oh well.. here goes anyway.

The Spotted Dog at Penshurst. Literally just around the corner from Penshurst Place.

Fantastic food - good quality. and on a sunny day the Garden seating has a landscape from something out of a Bronte book. Stunning.

Perhaps we could tag along with you one day... unless you and the wife need some luvin' time - then 'nuff said :D