PDA

View Full Version : bar risers for S2r

Gerry
17-04-2007, 08:27 PM
Hi

Has anyone fitted 1.25" bar risers to an S2r? did it help and did you manage it without cable mods. ........ cheers

scrumpster
17-04-2007, 09:02 PM
It would appear that my S2R came with bar risers already which seemed surprising and I could be wrong!!

S4Rs-Tone
17-04-2007, 09:10 PM
please excuse my ignorance, but , i find i am getting alot of neck strain from riding, would bar risers help this?

Gerry
17-04-2007, 09:11 PM
Yeah Scrumpster ....... they do have risers as standard .... but I need a bit more ........

Gerry
17-04-2007, 09:16 PM
Might be the cause ..... if you are doin big speeds on the S2r for distance I would say so ...... I've just got the S2r and I think riding position is not good. I like the little guy so will try to improve things. I bet it will bugger up the handling a bit though.

scrumpster
17-04-2007, 09:17 PM
please excuse my ignorance, but , i find i am getting alot of neck strain from riding, would bar risers help this?

I guess they would improve your posture, so make neck strain less likely. Now I suffer with back pain due to my neck but find the position very comfortable!

Chris & Nean
17-04-2007, 11:11 PM
I too am trying to come to terms with my Monster and in all of its aspects; on rider ergonomics I think that its bars are located just right for plus 80 mph speeds (but maybe a little to wide) because I’m naturally going to hunker down behind its screen and reach out for the bars, but for street riding they are positioned to far away, I am always stretching my arms to push the outside bar going round street corners, in fact a friend I let have a go on it said, “I’m surprised how reluctant it is to go round corners!, I went wide on a street corner and thought I was going to crash!, ain’t these modern bikes supposed to be quick steering?”; there’s also a question about the bikes stability I think, (or feeling of it being stable anyway,!) when I’m on the bike without a pillion it feels flighty, ultra sensitive, twitchy even, effected by wind turbulance and road imperfections, its steering feels too lively, but when I have a pillion it feels planted and steady, like a different bike infect, tamed even,! Believe me I love to get out on my S2R and saviour its performance without the added hindrance of 11 stones of pillion passenger but it turns in to a different bike,!!! what one is the correct one? I’m 12 stones; surly I weigh enough to tame my Monster.

Gerry
18-04-2007, 04:02 PM
Chris & Nean

Yes I agree, mine feels same. I go into a turn and the bike movs around and changes line too easy. Now although this is unnerving it should be a good thing shouldn't it ? is it that we are not dialled in to the S2r yet? I think we will get used to it.

As far as riding position goes ....around town the bars are too low and forward for me also. I may try a cheap way to get 1.25" rise and see if this does the trick. I don't know whether the cables will allow this but i think for street use i need the bars further back and higher. I suspect though that the front end will get more twitchy because of the weight coming off the front. All that said I like the Mon and am prepared to spend (a bit ) to get it right. I had a 748 a few bikes ago and I dont think it was as nervous mid corner as this.

The problem with higher bars on the S2r is that they are "fat bars" they look great I must say but to buy renthal fat bars is about £65 ..... than add cost of throttle and choke cables plus brake lines etc ...etc ... if I do it I'll post what I think.

I have seen a bloke on US Ebay doing 1.25" risers

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DUCATI-MONSTER-S2R-S4R-800-1000-S4RS-HANDLEBAR-RISERS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35603QQihZ017QQi temZ270111199918QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

$39.99 plus $12 shipping ..... I might get a set..... by the look of them you could get them made locally ......

Gerry
05-05-2007, 03:58 PM
Job done! bar risers arrived from USA .... fitted in 10 mins ... no other mods required ... much better .... reccomended .... the link to e-bay is in my earlier post ... because they were declared as over £18 in value on customs form ... had to pay total of £11.57 at post office to pick them up .... post office handling fee £8 of that .....:thumbsdown: ...... never mind bike is cooly now .....