PDA

View Full Version : Have you heard of Freecycle?

Julie
15-04-2007, 09:09 PM
Its a great idea. You advertise things you dont want and someone who wants them collects them.

http://www.freecycle.org/

Its all free!

I have joined my local area and people e-mail everyday offering all sorts of things for free that they no longer want - most of the stuff is crap but today someone offered a Kawasaki Ninga 250. I have e-mailed to say i would like it.
Watch this space.

Its worth a look.

Julie

gremlin
15-04-2007, 09:31 PM
weve been using it in norfolk for ages, you can get rid of any old crapp !! we recently got a 21" flat panel monitor........................for freeeeee :drunk: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Zimbo
15-04-2007, 09:39 PM
I registered, I now get about ten million emails a day offering crap, so will probably unsubscribe. As a web based system it would work for me, as it's email based I get inundated and don't get to read any of them.

Stafford
15-04-2007, 10:20 PM
I registered, I now get about ten million emails a day offering crap, so will probably unsubscribe. As a web based system it would work for me, as it's email based I get inundated and don't get to read any of them.

Change your option to get a daily digest copy, that way you only get a couple a day.

gremlin
15-04-2007, 10:36 PM
Change your option to get a daily digest copy, that way you only get a couple a day.

or, if youre using outlook, set up a new folder called freecycle, then within it make 3 new folders called offered, received and wanted, and then create new rules with the above words to filter the mails to their respective folders,
that way you can easily see whats on offer and junk the rest :rolleyes:

Zimbo
16-04-2007, 06:04 AM
or, if youre using outlook, set up a new folder called freecycle, then within it make 3 new folders called offered, received and wanted, and then create new rules with the above words to filter the mails to their respective folders,
that way you can easily see whats on offer and junk the rest :rolleyes:

I created a freecycle folder, hadn't thought of the sub-folder idea, will do that, cheers! :)

Julie
16-04-2007, 06:22 AM
I created a freecycle folder, hadn't thought of the sub-folder idea, will do that, cheers! :)

just say you dont want the e-mails - then just log into the web each day like here and read the posts. Easy and not invasive.

Mand
16-04-2007, 12:47 PM
Its a great idea. You advertise things you dont want and someone who wants them collects them.

http://www.freecycle.org/

Its all free!

I have joined my local area and people e-mail everyday offering all sorts of things for free that they no longer want - most of the stuff is crap but today someone offered a Kawasaki Ninga 250. I have e-mailed to say i would like it.
Watch this space.

Its worth a look.

Julie

Sounds to good to normal folk, but if mention this to Alex............. you know the rest don't you? :chuckle:

Anf
16-04-2007, 04:18 PM
The Lincolnshire Freecycle is mainly 'WANTED' with the occasional 'OFFERED' thrown in for a little interest in the monotony of 'I want a car/computer/plasma tv/something expensive that I won't have to get a job for!'
Joined it on the understanding that it was for offering and not begging, seems a shame that we Lincolnshire bods look like a bunch of scroungers.

But the overall idea is a sound and very sensible one.

Think I should sort the folder options out!