PDA

View Full Version : Gerry another new member

sadbiker
15-04-2007, 12:09 PM
Hi Gerry hope you lke the new monster. Glad to meet you at Riders on Saturday. So did it wash up well.

Don't forget 28th April at Gordano services for 09:00 for the ride in to the Bristol Italian Day.

Gilps another S2r800 to add to the Wiltershire collection.....

COR
15-04-2007, 02:29 PM
yes, welcome Gez, how was the ride home?

Enjoy

Gerry
16-04-2007, 12:45 PM
Hi sad .... Hi Cor ....

Hmmmmm .... because I've just got off the Pegaso it feels I bit strange at the mo. so forgotten how to ride sportier bikes.:dunce:

I'm trying to counter steer it into every bend and it's basicaly saying ...."gerroff!!" ... wobble wobble ...... (Pegaso had big wheels so you had to steer it everywhere), I need to not hold onto the Duc so much, it seems to respond better if i relax grip when turning in. I would like slightly higher bars coz i want this as a fun bike, (no back ache) I know that this will mess up the steering but I want to give it a go. I've given up with the speed thing (exept roundabouts) .... ahemmm !!

It feels as if I'm perched right over the front.... and the fork dive is a bit much. I will sort it out as I like the bike ... nice and funky :cool: ... get's big thumbs up from mates. Nice to be back on the old Duc V-Twins .... for me there really is no better engine than V-Twin. Hey that starter is a funny old thing ain't it?

Bike is clean now .... but could be better .... by the way I never ride these things ... just clean 'em ... bit more acid required on the cat !!!! bit more gunk on engine .....

Yeah I will have a ride out to the Italian day ... cheers ....