PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Weekender Forum Awards

Nonnie
13-04-2007, 07:17 PM
Yes, folks, it's that time of the year again, (and it's about time, I nearly forgot) and almost like Eurovision, it's time to think back and vote for your favourites in the following categories.....

Best Newcomer

Most Memorable Post/Thread

Most Helpful Member

Best Avatar

Most Inspirational Thread (could be rebuild in progress/Desmo Due race report etc etc)

The voting will be done by pm to me, I will not accept bribes, wedding presents (oh that's a complete lie), new bikes (I lie again), and threats will be dealt with by me sending the boys round. Some of you might enjoy that but please don't threaten me, I am of a nervous disposition.

When all the votes are in, they will be counted up by me and sent over to the Weekender and the prizes will be distributed there. Please do not expect dancing girls or fireworks. You will get a prize but obviously I am not at liberty to divulge what it (they) might be. I only know they're not goats so even if I had a chance of winning, I wouldn't accept it.

So, I digressed enough, get thinking, feel free to post up some suggestions of possible winners as well just to get everybody else thinking and pm me with your choices.

Thank you.

Nonnie
17-04-2007, 10:03 PM
And again, more votes please. It's an absolute tie between nobody and nobody at the moment. You disappoint me, you really do.....

Julie
18-04-2007, 05:47 AM
Nonnie
Ask Terry if he will send your text out on an email eo everyone
Get the votes e-mailled to you
Julie

Ps its also worth jogging people minds and making some suggestions yourself.

Julie
18-04-2007, 05:50 AM
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=15835&highlight=Forum+Awards

Making suggestions was the only way i could get people to vote - it took me ages to go through all the old posts tho and new members.

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=15835&highlight=Forum+Awards

fatbloke
18-04-2007, 06:24 AM
Nonnie
Ask Terry if he will send your text out on an email eo everyone
Get the votes e-mailled to you
Julie

Ps its also worth jogging people minds and making some suggestions yourself.

happy to If you send the words you want sending to me I will email
it to all the members and the replies will come back to nonnie

squiffything
18-04-2007, 03:22 PM
Suggested nominees for some of the above catagories

Best Newcomer - Has to be the 1098

Most Memorable Post/Thread Shandys rebuild (oh the pics of his garage with the carpet and the whitewashed walls)

Most Helpful Member - Slob the font of all knowledge (though he still scares the poop out of me but then again I've seen him with the eyeshadow on uuurrrrgggghhhh)

Best Avatar - Fatblokes "Fatrix" if ever there's a pic that sums up the user it's gotta be that one although I still miss my stickmen signatures :(

Most Inspirational Thread (could be rebuild in progress/Desmo Due race report etc etc) - Has got to be Shandy or Eynon for their bike rebuilds or Stef or P.Dave for their headlight units

JMo
24-04-2007, 11:27 AM
I'd like to nominate Nick-the-beef for 'best avatar' - if only for consistancy x

And Julie's post with all the pictures about Morocco (ahem) for 'most inspirational thread' - doesn't that want to make you get on your bike and travel?

xxx

ps. Squiffy - I think 'best newcomer' means new member of the forum, rather than a bike... x

Julie
24-04-2007, 11:38 AM
I'd like to nominate Nick-the-beef for 'best avatar' - if only for consistancy x

And Julie's post with all the pictures about Morocco (ahem) for 'most inspirational thread' - doesn't that want to make you get on your bike and travel?

xxx

ps. Squiffy - I think 'best newcomer' means new member of the forum, rather than a bike... x

Ahhh yes! Best thread that gets my vote as well! Thank you for the reminder - unfortunatly it got deleted with the Great Monster Site Crash of 2006

Mand
24-04-2007, 12:35 PM

and it isn't even a Monster! :chuckle:

squiffything
24-04-2007, 01:06 PM
Lol I know but it seems as though I've only been on here for a short while yet when I looked it's been nearly two years and it has flown by. Therefor it's hard work trying to sus out who would be classed as a newcomer.

Still it's good to know that the humour isn't wasted ;)