PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Weekender Forum Awards

Nonnie
13-04-2007, 07:13 PM
Yes, folks, it's that time of the year again, (and it's about time, I nearly forgot) and almost like Eurovision, it's time to think back and vote for your favourites in the following categories.....

Best Newcomer

Most Memorable Post/Thread

Most Helpful Member

Best Avatar

Most Inspirational Thread (could be rebuild in progress/Desmo Due race report etc etc)

The voting will be done by pm to me, I will not accept bribes, wedding presents (oh that's a complete lie), new bikes (I lie again), and threats will be dealt with by me sending the boys round. Some of you might enjoy that but please don't threaten me, I am of a nervous disposition.

When all the votes are in, they will be counted up by me and sent over to the Weekender and the prizes will be distributed there. Please do not expect dancing girls or fireworks. You will get a prize but obviously I am not at liberty to divulge what it (they) might be. I only know they're not goats so even if I had a chance of winning, I wouldn't accept it.

So, I digressed enough, get thinking, feel free to post up some suggestions of possible winners as well just to get everybody else thinking and pm me with your choices.

Thank you.

Nonnie
09-05-2007, 09:01 PM
Come on then, let's have a few more.

And can you stop voting for the 1098 as Best Newcomer...

Nonnie
10-05-2007, 02:41 PM
Come on everyone. This is your chance to contribute actively towards an integral part of the Weekender. If you don't vote some more, I will fix the votes and be the winner of all categories!

What would we do otherwise at the National Rideout Sunday lunch at the pub if we didn't have the awards?

Go on, you know you want to.

squiffything
10-05-2007, 02:50 PM
We need something or someone to vote on

Nonnie
10-05-2007, 03:08 PM
You want some suggestions like?

OK, in the running so far are Banditloon/J,P, for Best Newcomer. There are lots of new members, name someone who made you spit your tea out or made you think about something or who has made a valuable contribution here.

Most Memorable Thread Or Post so far Eonan's M900 rebuild and The one I nearly missed on the A43 (that cracked me up, well done)

Most Helpful Members so far could be Slob, GT or Pedro

Best avatar, so far I'm winning that one for various incarnations of my avatars over the last year but I have got the lions share of the votes. Can you please keep voting for me because I've never won a Forum Award before not even when I smashed my limbs up and got really badly hurt on the Weekender, I still didn't win anything and surely that in itself was worth a prize but hey ho, there's always next year eh Nonnie....

Most Inspirational Thread, so far is Jmo and Julie's trip to the desert (which was fantastic), Didges Cruising with Queens, Shandys rebuild, Eonan's M900 rebuild, Zimbos' race reports.

If you can only think of a choice for one of the categories then send that.

Nonnie
13-05-2007, 08:30 PM
Come along now. Let's have a final push and get the last of the votes in please.

This is prizes FOR YOU voted BY YOU.

How democratic is that?

Nonnie
15-05-2007, 06:10 PM
Come along dear friends, last few days.

Vote one get one free.

It's a vogof!

Nonnie
21-05-2007, 05:03 PM
Last hofficial day for voting is Wednesday.

Please please please don't make me make them up.

I'm just kidding.

Nonnie
22-05-2007, 05:55 PM
And another quick change of avatar just to ensure I will win.

24 hours left to vote.

Then I will turn into a large pumpkin and get myself some mice friends.

squiffything
23-05-2007, 09:58 AM
I Just had a strole up Newmarket High Street to get me a mid day pie and passed a guy with a T-shirt that simply said VOTE FOR PEDRO! Ped isn't that taking the forum awards a little too far :)

SazzaG
23-05-2007, 11:00 AM
Now that's a T-shirt I'd love to have!

As for whether I have voted for Pedro, I couldn't possibly say.

To those of you who don't get the reference - tough.

Rogerg
23-05-2007, 12:45 PM
i get it!!

what do I win?

SazzaG
23-05-2007, 02:47 PM
Not a Hypermotard

Rogerg
23-05-2007, 02:53 PM
no fair.......

JMo
29-05-2007, 11:57 AM
Well, it was a close run thing in many catagories, but the judges have spoken, and the final winners were announced, and prizes awarded at the weekender:

Best Newcomer - JP, and not as more than one person put "the 1098" - it's about people you loons, not machines!

Most Memorable post" - Eonan's M900 rebuild... and still it goes on! Nonnie wanted to make a special mention of one nomination she got via PM: "the most memorable post was the one on the A43 I narrowly missed..." quite.

Most Helpful Member - Slob - closely follwed by those other techno-nerds - GT, Pedro and Zimbo... keep up the good work fellas x

Best Avatar - Gilps for his 'Hitler feline', although a special mention goes to Nonnie for keeping us so amused over the year... x

Most Inspirational Thread - Shandy's winter rebuild - says it all really - shows just what you can do with an old nail and buckets of determination - it won 'bike of the year' too this year... special mentions for Zimbo and his DD race reports, and Julie&Jenny's trip to the sahara last year... (we woz robbed x)

So there you go - everyone except Eonan has recieved their limited edition UKMOC weekender mouse mats, Eonan - PM me your address and I'll get yours in the post...

xxx