PDA

View Full Version : I went to Brighton, for a laugh.

J.P
08-04-2007, 06:45 PM
After meeting so many bike's at Box Hill and then at the pub, I just didn't feel like going home, so I though, I know, I'll go to the sea side !
Had a great ride and had a smile across my face all the way.
And the new SatNav worked a treat, 'cause all I needed to do was press 'home' and it figured it all out for me. Ah the relief of not having to remember where I've gone.
So a big hello to so many of you, and thanks to Pavi for the Easter egg !
Cheers.

Paivi
08-04-2007, 06:58 PM
Hey JP, good to meet you today at Box Hill. Mmmm, 104 Ducatis, all in the same carpark.

Which satnav have you got? I've got TomTom which is great, apart from the mechanical problems: it won't charge off the bike any longer and I lost the bluetooth attachment somewhere on the Paris-Calais motorway.

I had enough riding for one day after my off on Friday, so had to come home although would have liked to carry on to the pub with the DSC peeps, but as I was getting stiffer by the minute, thought it best to call it a day. As it is, had to have two goes before I managed to climb on my bike.

Here are some postcodes for your sat nav: The Ace Cafe (NW10 7UD), Box Hill (RH5 6BX) and the Oakdene cafe on the A20 in Wrotham, Kent (TN15 7RR).

SazzaG
08-04-2007, 07:55 PM
Ah, I wondered why you had stopped by the side of road!

Glad you had a good ride. We decided to go to P&H in Crawley "for a laugh" and the damn place was shut! Never mind, I had a good hoon home from there. Isn't SatNav great? It helped us find the road that goes along the bottom of the runway at Gatwick - pretty impressive having a QueasyJet plane taking off over us as we rode past.

Hope you're out soon - maybe see you at Brands next weekend.

Paivi - thanks for the choccy - you can come again!!

Saz

J.P
08-04-2007, 08:59 PM
Yep great to get out and about.
Pavi, I plumpted for the Gamin Zumo after some deliberation, seems great so far but so many on the market. Anyway, just glad I've got one.
Hope to catch you all sometime soon.