PDA

View Full Version : Route9 tail tidy

neilbaldry
07-04-2007, 03:33 PM
bought one of these gems off ebay a week ago, just fitted it, and it looks like a pukka bit of kit (especially fitted with a JMo chop kit :thumbsup: ). ive not got mini indicators on yet, but once they are on, i will get a few pic's up if people wanna see what they look like all blinged up! (FYI, ive got an S2R with hi level Zards)

MrChris
03-07-2008, 06:15 PM
where can you get the JMo chop kit?

Kato
03-07-2008, 06:25 PM
where can you get the JMo chop kit?

You beg someone to let you have (for a modest fee) the one they have'nt got round to fitting yet, otherwise your out of luck.....

LouSCannon
03-07-2008, 07:26 PM
Yes please Neil, been thinking how to get more legal indicators on the back after the tail chop to save the plod for looking for an excuse if they pull me over (Advice direct from the plod during my bike safe course)....

As well as pics can you let us know where you got it from (Dos the guy have an eBay shop)?

neilbaldry
03-07-2008, 08:26 PM
As well as pics can you let us know where you got it from (Does the guy have an eBay shop)?

yeah i got them off ebay, but for pics, you'll haver to wait till tomoro when i get home from work (im there now), so i can upload them to photobucket.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TAIL-TIDY-made-for-DUCATI-MONSTER_W0QQitemZ140245133125QQcmdZViewItem?hash=i tem140245133125&_trkparms=72%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

here is a link to one of them on ebay. just click a search for 'ducati monster tail tidy'

its that simple.

LouSCannon
03-07-2008, 08:37 PM
Cheers Neil, a pic from the side would be handy to see the clearance between number plate and tyre. Nasty pot hole with the other half on the back caused mine to just touch the rear tyre. No damage but there was a tell tail mark on the plate.

Helped by getting a smaller number plate, hacking some more off the original plastic holder and angling it up more, be interested to see if this gives a little better clearance, certainly think it would look better....

gav
03-07-2008, 11:11 PM
Does anyone know if the rear brake light with intergrated indicators is completely legal and would pass an MOT? I think it looks the nuts but can't be arsed getting pulled and fined over it

neilbaldry
03-07-2008, 11:40 PM
as far as i know, some of the ones off ebay are E stamped, so are legal.

LouSCannon
04-07-2008, 06:58 AM
Does anyone know if the rear brake light with intergrated indicators is completely legal and would pass an MOT? I think it looks the nuts but can't be arsed getting pulled and fined over it

Found during my Bike Safe course out that they are not. There is a minimum distance that indicators have to be from each other.

To be fair the guys had to go and look it up, but they assumed it was. Doubt you'd get pulled because of it, but it would be another thing they'd pull you on if they stopped you for something else.

As for passing an MOT, not sure, if the Police had to look it up maybe your local garage just won't bother?

neilbaldry
04-07-2008, 08:10 AM
This is the best image i have of the tail tidy. i havent got it fitted anymore as ive got a carbon mini tray.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b208/neilbaldry/My%20Duc/MyS2R28.jpg

Rancid Badger
04-07-2008, 04:52 PM
This is the best image i have of the tail tidy. i havent got it fitted anymore as ive got a carbon mini tray.

Does that mean you've "de-chopped" your tail?

gav
04-07-2008, 10:46 PM
Cheers guys, think I might take the chance with the intergrated indicators/brake light. Love the tail tidy, would a standard number plate fit on it with shotgun exhausts? And do you have a picture of the carbon tea tray?

neilbaldry
05-07-2008, 10:53 AM
Badger, what i have done, is because ive chopped the tail, ive modified the JMo bracket so the carbon tea tray mounts to that.

Gav, i reckon a standard numberplate would fit with shotguns. and heres a pic of the mini tray.....

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b208/neilbaldry/My%20Duc/MyS2R40.jpg

JimmyF
05-07-2008, 11:56 AM
sweet bike
....i have to say i think it looks better in the first pic though

neilbaldry
05-07-2008, 05:35 PM
the problem with the first pic, was that people behind me couldnt actually see my rear indicators. the exhausts got in the way. and the indicators you see in the first pic actually sat on the exhaust pipes.