PDA

View Full Version : The god of thunder has arrived on an S2R!

damon
04-04-2007, 06:07 PM
My GOD!

i have just come back from an afternoon ride out with my newly cored out 'used to be' standard s2r cans and they sound AMAZING.

I cannot describe how good a job my mates dad has done as they look pupose built custom bad boys and sound a million times better than the standard hum they used to produce!

I seriously think he should offer this out as a service since he loved every minute of it as he cant ride his own Ducati anymore and the job he's done is truly perfection, even took them back off and drilled out the rivets to reduce the wadding to get the correct 'accoustics' as he put it.

Now its another weeks wait until i can off the CAT and add the K&N ready for the tune up,,,,,,, but who cares with THAT NOISE i have hidden in a lovely red n white stripey package parked outside!

sorry, just needed to share that with somebody........:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Gilps
04-04-2007, 06:30 PM
Sounds like you're having fun. Well done. Just wait till you get the full effect with the induction racket from the airbox. You'll be surprised how much louder it is without the cat too.

damon
04-04-2007, 07:55 PM
I cant wait paul, hopefully et it sorted this weekend or next at a push!

Ill ring you when its done so you can hear my phone break up :)

Dave G
05-04-2007, 08:08 AM
even took them back off and drilled out the rivets to reduce the wadding to get the correct 'accoustics' as he put it.

I'd be interested to hear how he did this, and what made the first attempt sound incorrect. When I did mine the only coring I'd heard of was the US guys who left the cans empty,so had to make it up as I went along with the internals.
I just packed mine fairly compactly with not a lot of dead space in there, but then, I'm no expert.
Whats the reasoning behind altering the amount of packing?

damon
05-04-2007, 09:37 AM
I have no real idea but im guessing its the same as audio speakers and if theres more cubic air space theres generally more echo or bass depending, we pretty much put a 2inch perf pipe straight through fixed at both ends and removed a little wadding at the top end afterwards......who knows mate but sound lovely they do!