PDA

View Full Version : child protection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeharrr
04-04-2007, 10:24 AM
I was told last night, in a meeting, that I couldn't call children 'kids' as it was offensive.
I was also told that I couldn't refer to children's songs as....'children’s songs' as this too was offensive, suggesting that the song content was in some way inferior to that of adult songs. This all came in a roundabout way from the child protection people. I had to tell them where to go as I just will not go down that road. It is partly the reason this country is in such a mess.
:banghead:

Pegleg Pete
04-04-2007, 10:46 AM
Shouldn't it be the 'young adult' protection people :P

Next they'll be saying you cant take photos of complete strangers children or selling your own on ebay for profit within the international underground sex trade.

Where does the madness end?

...suggesting that the song content was in some way inferior to that of adult songs...

As he/she hummed along to S club 7 on her mp3 player...

banditloon
04-04-2007, 11:28 AM
I was told last night, in a meeting, that I couldn't call children 'kids' as it was offensive.

I can see all those goats taking us to court now! :chuckle:

Next they'll be saying you cant take photos of complete strangers children

Don't start me on the photography thing :banghead: I have great fun at motocross, trying to get 100 parents to sign a disclaimer to take pictures of their 'young adults' so they can buy them....

Pegleg Pete
04-04-2007, 11:41 AM
trying to get 100 parents to sign a disclaimer to take pictures of their 'young adults' so they can buy them....

At events like this maybe there should be official photographers with a waiver for people to sign or tick as they arrive or book, with official stalls where they can buy the official photos etc rather than each photographer trying to identify random parents of random competitors...what a crazy situation. Only a thought and haven't really thought it through particularly!

What happens if you are an innocent spectator taking a photo of 'someone on a bike doing a cool stunt' so you can show your mates what a good day out an event might be. Literally...just a good pic for good pics sake. Do you get a tap on the shoulder and an official voice says 'Excuse me sir. Have Mr and Mrs whoever authorised that picture"? How do you police this?

Either that or you should just get into over 18's...so much easier. And you know what they say...When theres grass on the wicket... :P

*ducks*

jerry
04-04-2007, 12:32 PM
I was also told that I couldn't refer to children's songs as....'children’s songs' as this too was offensive, suggesting that the song content was in some way inferior to that of adult songs. This all came in a roundabout way from the child protection people. I had to tell them where to go as I just will not go down that road. It is partly the reason this country is in such a mess.
:banghead:

The arshole that told u that bollocks should be told that they are the ones being offensive and ridiculous, and that they should shove their head where it would do the most good , up their arse so we could not hear any more of that PC crap.

Pegleg Pete
04-04-2007, 12:37 PM
I'm feeling a lot of anger from you Jerry :D

This kind of crap does rather get ones kid, or goat (thnx banditloon) :P

I remember hearing that there is a lot to be said for being hugged a lot as a *young adult*

banditloon
04-04-2007, 02:32 PM
Either that or you should just get into over 18's...so much easier. And you know what they say...When theres grass on the wicket... :P

*ducks*

Already done :thumbsup: Covering Southern Motocross events now, which is 90% competitors over 18 years of age. Makes me laugh how a 13 or 14 year old *young adult* on an MX bike, covered in mud, that I can just about make a race number on.

It's like most photos that are (not) taken at sports days, school plays, school rugby/football events. A proud parent can't even get a picture of their offspring doing something without getting every other parents / school permission just incase their spotty oik appears in the picture...

I think I will give up photography and just set up a business to pull bobbles off of new tyres :thumbsup: or put my patented "sparky tyres" into production (tyres with titanium nails in them!).

Kato
04-04-2007, 03:07 PM
I think I will give up photography and just set up a business to pull bobbles off "sparky tyres" into production (tyres with titanium nails in them!).

Think its been done seem to remember watching some speedway on ice they had spikes in the tyres.:idea:

Pegleg Pete
04-04-2007, 03:11 PM
I have a sneaking suspicion that Dan meant the pointy bits went inwards, the theory being that the heads of the nails would be used to make the sparks.

Such is the genius of invention, you just improve on a current theme...*?*

Of course I could be wrong, but either way, I'm not going to be the one sounding silly when it comes to arguing that one way round is better than the other :D

gremlin
04-04-2007, 03:30 PM
There was a bit on Jeremy Vine about parents taking photos of their kids, a parent had objected at a rugby match because their little darling may get in the frame, apparently there is nothing anyone can do if you wish to take pictures. There is no law against it so it's all the namby pamby twits getting their knickers in a twist. The argument was that the photos could end up on a paedo site, as if any parent would be so stupid as to put anything on the net that could be hijacked. It's all b******s. Obviously if there is someone on the edge with camera in one hand and other hand down trousers one could legally take action!!

yeharrr
04-04-2007, 04:25 PM
Shouldn't it be the 'young adult' protection people :P...

Thai is FAB!

Rogerg
04-04-2007, 04:27 PM
I'm quite heavily involved in my local Cricket Club & the crap we have to go through in the name of child protection is ridiculous. My favorite is that under no circumstances should a child be left alone with a adult. So if say you've driven a number of under 8s to an away fixture and have returned to the club and are awaiting the parents to collect their "young adults" but the last childs parents are running late - you are supposed to abandon that child rather than ensure they are delivered safely back to their parents.

My dad was umpiring an under 8s match last year when a young boy fell over and hurt himself whilst fielding the ball. Dad being the nice bloke that he was picked the small by now crying child up, put his arm around him and offered him a bit of moral support. A spectator (presumably a parent) legged it onto the field and gave my dad a pile of abuse about how inappropriate he was being and how he was going to report the incident to the authorities. Dad took great joy in pointing out to the jobsworth that the crying child was infact his Grandson.

yeharrr
04-04-2007, 04:54 PM
We have to look in a book to check if a child's parents have given permission for plasters to be put on!
I don't get paid for the work I do with children, so have the option to say to hell with it and not worry about the loss of a job. Though there are still certain legalities involved. I have had to say no to some of the P.C. stuff, as I don't intend to start down that road, not with control over the words I use. I didn't spend 20 years being educated just to have some moron want to re-program my vocabulary. Common sense dictates that there are things you say and things you don't say in front of kids. Anyhow, if they want my services they will have to have the un-P.C. me or ask me to resign. :roger: (forever the dissenter)