PDA

View Full Version : Talking CCTV!

yeharrr
04-04-2007, 09:56 AM
Do we all have to bring our books out into the street for burning as well.
Oh, that's right, that's only every other week now. Alternating with the fortnightly refuse collection. Will the talking cameras shout at the rats and make them leave the rubish pile alone as it sits there waiting to be collected.
I bet the cameras could shout at us if we put the wrong sort of rubbish into the wrong bin as well.

banditloon
04-04-2007, 11:37 AM
I can remember years ago, out for a late night pootle on my bike. I stopped at a Lotus / Subaru garage out near East Clandon on the A248. I decided this was a nice spot for a ciggie and a wander round the cars. It was about 9pm and I'm wandering round the forecourt, in my usual "my bike is faster than your car" mood, then as if by magic, I'm sure it was God speaking to me....

"The hours of opening are 9am-5pm, please leave the forecourt"

And as God left me this message, I finished my ciggie, wandered round for another 10 minutes, awaiting another commandment from the lord. Bugger, it was a security guard, looking on his CCTV monitor with a big speaker under the camera...

Maybe we could have nice conversation with the control room people through the power of CCTV technology.. Cheaper than a webcam :chuckle:

jerry
04-04-2007, 12:35 PM
They have ben using the talking CCTV in Pattaya for a year its hilarious , people sitting on the beach minding their own business when some unintelligable Thai waffles away at them.
and the real criminals dont care they run away quicker when warned by the speaker cos they know the camera is on them so when the cops turn up its futile.

gremlin
04-04-2007, 03:44 PM
They already have cameras in bins in Ealing trying to catch out those who put their bins out at the wrong time, the fine is larger than if you mug someone, luckily they don't nag, yet!. I wonder if they could be done for noise pollution though.

banditloon
04-04-2007, 03:47 PM
I wonder if they could be done for noise pollution though.

Eeeeeeek!!! Hope not, my noise level meter for the Monster is the amount of shouts of complaints I get from the neighbours.....

gremlin
04-04-2007, 04:11 PM
Mines quite noisy too, no sneaking out for me! I wonder what will happen if an old duffer has a heart attack because the camera has spoken and frightened the pants off him.