PDA

View Full Version : Shhhhhh.. Has he stalled??

Humbucker
03-04-2007, 01:47 PM
Nice to meet so many of you guys on sunday and i hope you all got home without any probs.

Well after us all arriving safely at goodwood it was commented on how quite my bike is so i am going to invest in a new set of cans, so some advice is needed. Termi's seem themost popular choice but..

Can i just get the cans only or do i need new ecu, air & fuel filters, dyna jet etc. how much can i expect to pay and where should i buy.

Does anyone else have any other prefrence other than termis

cheers

Headhunter
03-04-2007, 02:33 PM
If it's just open cans then it wont need any remapping - I think JP recently looked into cans for his 695 and you have to buy the "exhaust bit which connects to the head bit" too - i think they're called header pipes? :worried:

Also doesn't the 695 already come with an open air filter and box?

In terms of cans Termis seem to be the preference but many go for Sil Motos, Remus, LeoVince too - take a look at www.spareshack.com

Good to meet you on Sunday too - hope to catch you at the next meet.

J.P
03-04-2007, 03:01 PM
Yep I was all over 'what to buy?'.
The simple answer is that, if you change the end cans you WILL need to remap the engine to get the best out of it because it has a Lambda sensor to meet the EURO III emmission regulations, which the old bikes don't.
Ducati themselves suggest the new ECU to go with it and the air filter as a 'kit'. That's about £700 plus fitting from them. CHAOS INC. said he'd give 10%-15% off that, you can send him a private message to check.
I'm probably getting mine done in the next couple of weeks at Rosso Corse in North East London, £400 for the SIL MOTO cans and an hour's labour to re-tune it.
That will effect the warranty, and some will say any problems could be a factor which invalidates it. It's a risk you take. I'm betting on no problems.
I also found that there aren't many manufacturers our there that make exhausts for our 695 because it's so new. Lots out there fit the older bikes but I think it may not fit the same on the new ones.

squiffything
03-04-2007, 03:09 PM
Lewis it has to be done! Your comment after you went through that tunnel Sunday morning summed it all up. There is nothing like hearing the deep roar of the loud pipes reverberating of walls when you go through built up area's or through tunnels to make you just grin.

When I left the house Sunday morning my Sarah's brother and his girlfriend, who had stayed the night, said that they thought the house was shaking when I started the bike up and asked if I had it lent up against the wall. :)

It's just got to be the upgrade that you must make you know you want to just sell the missus or the kids.

Headhunter
03-04-2007, 04:05 PM
That will effect the warranty, and some will say any problems could be a factor which invalidates it. It's a risk you take. I'm betting on no problems.

True. However I think many of them take the "i don't care it's a ducati, you've got to have open cans" attitude. Have never had any issues with Duke Aylesbury when making a warranty claim. Mind you they have never been engine related.

DrD
03-04-2007, 11:04 PM
My old M900 has the originals ina box in the garage somewhere!
Tried them once - i could hear the engine noise and passing vehicles.
No good - so back to the Sils - just love that sound as I shut off from 8000rpm
- like a contrabass desmo-machine-gun sending shivers down my spine.
And they go through the MOT since they changed the regs 18 months ago!
Also sets off BMW car alarms on idle - damn silly Germans!

banditloon
03-04-2007, 11:07 PM
Rotherhithe Tunnel, 1st gear, 900 Monster with LOUD cans.... Bliss :D:D:D:D :thumbsup:

Takes days to get my hearing back :chuckle:

Humbucker
04-04-2007, 06:47 PM
Yeah the new cans has to be done. However, this morning have just noticed a major problem indoors with regards to my water heater. I'm fine electricaly but when it comes to gas i dont touch it and with the redecoration required it looks like a new boiler and and a plasterer will have to be purchased beforehand.

Squiffything, that tunnel on the way down was great and all i could you here was Johnnystorm cranking the throttle in front of me. Sorry i blazed by on the way home but i saw you and neilp were going for a drink and i had a sunday roast waiting at the in-laws, which wasn't going to cost the earth unlike a bacon roll at goodwood.

Shandy
04-04-2007, 06:58 PM
Termi's seem themost popular choice but..

No buts needed IMO mate they are the only choice :thumbsup:

Lowsider
04-04-2007, 08:29 PM
Termi's are the only way to go......

The Growl they make will give you a nice warm fuzzy feeling...... Er I mean they sound Good........

Bodybag
04-04-2007, 10:45 PM
...Markus has Mivv or Mavv or something like that on his S2R and they sound better than any other bike I've heard. I'm sure he'll let you know what they are. You have to see them to believe that its a bike and not a rocket ship!!

squiffything
05-04-2007, 06:44 AM
Squiffything, that tunnel on the way down was great and all i could you here was Johnnystorm cranking the throttle in front of me. Sorry i blazed by on the way home but i saw you and neilp were going for a drink and i had a sunday roast waiting at the in-laws, which wasn't going to cost the earth unlike a bacon roll at goodwood.

No problemo had a quick stop for a swift one then left him to go onto White Hart lane while I carried on the way we went had my own little adventure along the M25 and limped the last 60 or so miles home.

Once again great to be riding out after a long winter but oh how the aches hit home on Monday