PDA

View Full Version : Boxhill Easter Sunday

scrumpster
02-04-2007, 11:57 AM
Is anyone going on this, I don't want to go alone and it will help me run the new bike in?? :thumbsup:

psychlist
02-04-2007, 03:22 PM
I'd love to help Sharon but I don't think my group would suit running in speeds my dear :o

scrumpster
04-04-2007, 11:50 AM
Looks like I will be riding around on Sunday and Monday on my tod then, hey ho, never mind!!:(

Pegleg Pete
04-04-2007, 12:09 PM
If I hadnt of failed my bl**dy stupid test in such a stupid bl**dy fashion I'd ride up with you. Was so looking forward to this weekend.

Rant, rant, expletive, shake fist ,rant, expletive. and breathe.

scrumpster
04-04-2007, 12:13 PM
Yeah sorry to hear that, but the best people pass second time!!! I feel like a right Billy No Mates, first time I should be on what hopefully will be a reliable bike and no one wants to know tee hee. They must all be scared of me!! Must get back to work now :(

banditloon
04-04-2007, 12:20 PM
Not sure I can even see Box Hill at the moment :thumbsdown: Surely someone will join you in some Run In fun :thumbsup:

singletrack
04-04-2007, 04:41 PM
I might be able to come -my mother in law is ill and we may be going to see her.
If not, I will be coming to Box Hill. I was thinking of meeting the Hamps DSC in Alton - they are usually patient enough to wait for me.
I will pm you my mob number and perhaps you will let me know yours, then we can possibly arrange something.

You have got to give that bike a good first run :biggrin:

Gim
04-04-2007, 05:44 PM
Or join the sussex hedgehogs at bury ! :mand:

scrumpster
04-04-2007, 05:52 PM
I could do, I know where Bury Hill is, but will wait to hear from Singletrack on Saturday and let you know :thumbsup:

Sqwifeve
04-04-2007, 09:46 PM
Still no word on my bike yet Sharon, but you never know, I might be running one in too. I'll p.m you my number later.

singletrack
05-04-2007, 08:08 AM
I can't believe you haven't got your bike yet Eve!

Surely the hold up should not be this long :confused:

Nonnie
05-04-2007, 08:26 AM
Sharon, you have fun on that there new bike now d'ya hear?!

Can't wait to see it.
xx

S4 MAD
05-04-2007, 09:15 AM
hello will be around for a trip out on saturday from box if weathers good :thumbsup:

SazzaG
05-04-2007, 09:19 AM
Hey Martin, how the devil are you?

Will you be around on Sunday? It would be great to see you out and about.

Saz

S4 MAD
05-04-2007, 10:11 AM
no im afraid not having dinner with some of carols family wich we hardly ever see . as per normal poor planning on my behalf.:hissy:

scrumpster
05-04-2007, 02:25 PM
Eve, I can't believe it is taking sooo long to sort your bike out, what a bummer I'll pm you my number anyway and good luck, would be nice to do some running in!!! :thumbsup:

scrumpster
05-04-2007, 02:26 PM
hello will be around for a trip out on saturday from box if weathers good :thumbsup:

I'll be riding back from Aylesbury Saturday, nice and gentle :bunny:

Sqwifeve
06-04-2007, 11:09 PM
What time are folk going to be at Box Hill from?:scratch:

rich
07-04-2007, 07:22 PM
Is anyone going on this, I don't want to go alone and it will help me run the new bike in?? :thumbsup:

Ill be over to Alton in the morning
so you wont be alone

see you there?

rich

CK & AK
07-04-2007, 07:39 PM
What time are folk going to be at Box Hill from?:scratch:

Peeps will be getting there from 10ish, if not before.
I'm meeting the Hants, and also the Berks/Oxon DSC peeps as well as other 'west side locals' all who are aiming to arrive at Newlands Corner, to leave there about 10.10, so will be at Box about 10.30.

We all just mill about;) for another hour & a half till midday:D usually getting ideas for new bikes, paint jobs, bolt on & custom bits etc etc.

As the weather is looking SO nice, I reckon this year could be the biggest turnout yet????

scrumpster
07-04-2007, 09:33 PM
I am meeting Nick or rather will be knocking on his door at 8, and then meeting Eve up the hill before a ride to Alton to meet with the others, so hope to see you all with the biggest grin EVER on my face tomorrow!!!

Sqwifeve
08-04-2007, 09:20 PM
Thanks to Scrumpster for her initial meeting at Portsdown Hill with Nick(sorry about the bike but hope it's okay now) and introductions to some of you.

My first outing to meet other Ducati owners was a fine day, both in weather, riding and social enjoyment. It was good to see some of those who post on here. First off, we caught up with a crowd at Alton. Then to a place called Newlands Corner? I made the mistake of going to the loo and most of you were gone before I got out. We were helped to find you all by a couple of Hampshire guys, one called Paul. Thanks. I might be able to keep up with you all one day.:chuckle:

What a lovely collection of Ducati's at Boxhill. I won't forget Paivi with her eggs, and helpful advice. Much appreciated:thumbsup:. Another 695 owner JP joined our mutual admiration society ;). Met Slob and Chaos, and CK who told me about the pub.

Good spot for a drink at Brockham, and said hello to Didge, Sazza?, Banditloon, Cyclist, and Richard. Don't know if I've forgotten anyone but that's all the names I can remember. Steve took some photo's and when I manage to get them to the right size I'll download them. See you all again. :bunny:

SazzaG
08-04-2007, 09:52 PM
Good to meet you too Eve. Us girls on Monsters will take over the world soon!

And congratulations - you survived your first meeting with Didge...

Saz

Paivi
08-04-2007, 09:55 PM
Good to meet you today, Eve! I'm the founding member of the 695 Appreciation Society, which is growing all the time. Thanks for joining! :chuckle: I didn't get the chance to talk to loads of people, as was busy playing the Easter Bunny. Not so much hopping than hobbling, but the eggs (about 80 of them) were all distributed.

scrumpster
09-04-2007, 08:44 AM
Paivi thanks for the eggs, what a good idea :idea: Eve it was good to meet you and Steve and we will definitely catch up again!! It was great to see faces old and new and looking forward to the weekender as well!! I have done half my run in mileage and now off out to do a bit more, better book it in for it's first service :thumbsup:

Anyone looking for a new bike and find funding hard, go have a look at this thread

http://www.ducatiaylesbury.co.uk/ducati_prices.htm

Nice bunch of people too and worth the 130 mile trip!!