PDA

View Full Version : Monster's in Tokyo = Zero

J.P
01-04-2007, 06:48 PM
Well that's the impression I got because I've just got back from a week in Tokyo and didn't spot one damn Monster, noisy scooters yes, proper bikes no.

Guess I'll have to be hanging round London all week to catch a proper roar go past.

Headhunter
01-04-2007, 07:06 PM
Hi JP,

Sazza G and I were wondering today where you had disappeared to! BTW - extra mouth to feed yet?

J.P
02-04-2007, 06:21 AM
Not quite sure what you mean by 'extra mouth' ?
I'm not pregnant, just looking a bit fat.

Headhunter
02-04-2007, 08:14 AM
Not quite sure what you mean by 'extra mouth' ?
I'm not pregnant, just looking a bit fat.

I did wonder. Thought you said your better half was pregnant?

J.P
02-04-2007, 10:58 AM
No, just me the 2nd wife and a dog. 2 kiddies from the Ex.
Hoping to get to the Box Hill, Surrey, meet this coming Sunday, you any thoughts about going ?

Headhunter
02-04-2007, 11:12 AM
Prob not. Think there will be quite a few turning up though, as it's the Easter hols.

Are you going to the weekender btw?

J.P
02-04-2007, 11:31 AM
Yes, driving up sometime on the Friday night and back Monday morning.
Well, that's the plan right now.

bad-yeti
02-04-2007, 12:48 PM
In reply to "Monster's in Tokyo = Zero"

I think that there are more than you would credit.
http://www.celluloid-dreams.de/content/images/asiakritiken-filmbilder/godzilla-final-wars/godzilla-final-wars-1.jpg

Sorry I just couldn't resist that.

Headhunter
02-04-2007, 01:10 PM
JP,

I blame Slob for this, as he's the one who convinced me to carry on drinking. Honest guvnor.

I got you mixed up with Mostro69 re the extra mouth - Doh!

Good to hear you're going to the weekender. Will be a good laugh.

Mostro69
02-04-2007, 04:22 PM
The extra mouth arrives in July but is definitely making his/her presence known. A reliable source tells me the little one is very vigourous already, having been incubating for 22 weeks now.

dustybin
03-04-2007, 09:25 AM
Well that's the impression I got because I've just got back from a week in Tokyo and didn't spot one damn Monster, noisy scooters yes, proper bikes no.

Guess I'll have to be hanging round London all week to catch a proper roar go past.

JP, even sader than that is that I went to Rome for the weekend and didn't see a single monster. Infact, not even a single Ducati. Just lots of mad men on scooters!

Mostro69
03-04-2007, 09:32 AM
Dustybin, you won't believe it but I was also in Rome on the weekend - went for a week with my wife and came back Sunday night.

I was based 15m to the south of Rome, in the Castelli Romani region, and travelled into Rome every other day. I saw plenty of Monsters in the countryside though, especially Sunday when the weather was awesome. Had lunch at the foot of the hill of the Pope's summer residence (Castell Gandolfo) at a restaurant overlooking the lake - from the balcony you could see the Sunday riders rumbling below. Spotted a good few "Mostri" and the Romans evidently have a taste for Dark monsters. (If only they understood the speed and power of Red.) Even spotted a 1098 at the lake itself - had to stop and gawk for a minute.

Mr C
03-04-2007, 12:49 PM
I remember spotting one in Tokyo when i was there.. But that was a few years ago.

J.P
03-04-2007, 01:58 PM
And it was only last week when Ducati reported their financial results and said that they're going to spend a bunch of cash to beef up their Japanese penetration, so maybe there will be loads driving around in the future.

jerry
03-04-2007, 05:15 PM
Japanes bikers only go out on Sundays if it is not raining and they never go above 80mph, the bikes are superbly equiped and serviced though.it is 90% posing.
There are thousands of Ducatis in Japan and a massive after market choice , i bought some nice Yoshimura bars and yokes for my S4 and loads of second hand low mileage mint condition never been thrashed ducatis end up in Thailand, where theyy are thrashed and trashed.

slob
03-04-2007, 06:07 PM
I blame Slob for this, as he's the one who convinced me to carry on drinking. Honest guvnor.

yeah, you and your self twisting arm.

Headhunter
03-04-2007, 06:20 PM
I know. I really should get it sorted out. It's costing me a fortune.

paul620sie
04-04-2007, 11:17 AM

I was there 18 months ago and saw a few Dukes including Monsters, most of them were in the Repongi (think Soho) part of town.

J.P
04-04-2007, 11:53 AM
I think I know what you were doing if you were in Roppongi.