PDA

View Full Version : Lost again? Not just a clever name....

Lost Again
01-04-2007, 05:57 PM
Turns out I had to take a bimble across to Ducati Johns yesterday to drop some bits off so my mate decides to join me. After spying john and tony with their chips we decided it was lunch time so had to make the choice between a chippy about a mile down the road or over to squires at Sherburn (place where MAD is). We decided on Squires which should have been about 8 miles away. 125 miles and 3.5 hours later we got there. I thought something wasn't quite right when we went past the park & rides for york, thought something really wasn't right when the sign said we were 25 miles from Scarborough........

Sod the wavey discs, I'm buyin a GPS.

gremlin
01-04-2007, 06:10 PM
no buy the wavey disks..getting lost is one of the best excuses for being late ...:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Bodybag
01-04-2007, 06:17 PM
Turns out I had to take a bimble across to Ducati Johns yesterday to drop some bits off so my mate decides to join me. After spying john and tony with their chips we decided it was lunch time so had to make the choice between a chippy about a mile down the road or over to squires at Sherburn (place where MAD is). We decided on Squires which should have been about 8 miles away. 125 miles and 3.5 hours later we got there. I thought something wasn't quite right when we went past the park & rides for york, thought something really wasn't right when the sign said we were 25 miles from Scarborough........

Sod the wavey discs, I'm buyin a GPS.

You've just made my day!!:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

There's some good rides out that way. Like Gremlin says, sack the GPS and get a pocket map for a fiver then spend the rest on wavey discs!!

Anf
01-04-2007, 06:28 PM
Went to Squires towards the end of last year and got lost on the way there.
Worst thing was decided to come back the quick route (A1) and spent about 30-40 mins trying to find a major road just 5 mins from the cafe!!!

No maps ... just wing it!

Lost Again
01-04-2007, 06:42 PM
Your all right of course, spend any money I have on shiny bits and just hope for the best when it comes to finding my way.

Anf, thats a good effort! I'm pretty sure you can almost see the A1 from squires. lol

bod
02-04-2007, 06:01 PM
Hmm...... done the same myself when leaving Squires,was getting late and dark and hit the A1, head down and trotting on,when looking up noticed Scotch courner was 8 miles away.
Fine BUT I live in Doncaster 70 miles in the other direction down the A1BUGGER:)