PDA

View Full Version : What to buy someone

Headhunter
31-03-2007, 03:04 PM
My brother finishes his stint in Afghanistan soon and want to buy him something to say well done and glad you're back safe type thing.

At the moment all I can think of is a nice watch (engraved), as it seems apart from the 5% of action the other 95% of it is sheer boredom, so it's kind of an ironic present. The only other thing I can think of is a ring, or introduce him into the world of Monstering - the latter is a bit too expensive though!

Just wondered if anyone has any ideas I could use.

benson
31-03-2007, 04:27 PM
Because I'm totally in love with mine - an I pod??? You could have that engraved too!

Headhunter
31-03-2007, 04:45 PM
Cheers Rachel. He's been saying how he wished he had one to pass the time.

Would really p*ss him off as well, as he would have wanted it out there but it would make me laugh in a cruel kind of way. That's what brothers are for, eh.

benson
31-03-2007, 05:01 PM
Absolutely - and you could be ironic with the engraved message just to rub it in!

Hope to see you tomorrow all being well - if all my brake fluid hasn't escaped my leaky reservoir!!!!

Headhunter
31-03-2007, 05:22 PM
Likewise! Are you meeting up at Brentwood, or making your own way down?

Hope to see you tomorrow all being well - if all my brake fluid hasn't escaped my leaky reservoir!!!!

Drop Thames Water a line - I've heard they're experts in this department! Hope you get it sorted though - would be good to have the monnie.

benson
31-03-2007, 05:36 PM
I'm just going to get up and go I think - that way if i'm late I don't hold anyone up - and if I'm early then I'll be on my way...that is however quite unlikely!!!

Ride safe and see you in the breakfast queue!:thumbsup:

Darry
02-04-2007, 12:16 AM
How about sending him on a relaxing holiday... somewhere hot and sunny with lots of sand! I'm sure he'd appreciate that! :chuckle:

Seriously, by him a hooker much better!

Headhunter
02-04-2007, 08:21 AM
Seriously, by him a hooker much better!

Maybe I should buy him a ticket to Thailand. "They've got all kinds of pussy."