PDA

View Full Version : Quat-D Ex box

ex748
30-03-2007, 06:42 PM
Folks
Has anybody got one fitted ?
What is the fit/quality like?, thinking of getting one and taking off the shotguns ! Means I could fit my oxford soft panniers and not worry about the heat..
What thinks you ???

Stu.

fatbloke
30-03-2007, 07:04 PM
Ask me Sunday

smiler996
09-04-2007, 11:37 AM
Did you fit the Quat-d exhaust? Any good? Power & Sound?

Jonnyconcrete
09-04-2007, 08:35 PM
Just wondering if any one has a link to a power curve for an S4R fitted with an Ex Box.:cool:

ex748
09-04-2007, 08:36 PM
No, haven't got round to ordering yet, will do later this week with 7-10 days delivery quoted by Spareshack.
Hope it sound a bit fruitier than the stock zorsts!
The S4r is so much quieter than my 748 was with the Termis fitted.

Stu.

S4Rs MacK
22-04-2007, 06:52 PM
Hi Stu,

I have an Ex Box on my S4Rs, and I love it. It sounds just right. I had Termis on my 996 and they were the dogs nads but the ex Box on the Monster is .........

I think there is a power curve diagram on the Quat D site. www.quatd.it

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Deano

smiler996
24-04-2007, 08:12 AM
Tell us more?

What did you pay, how easy was it to fit, any change in the e-prom, power commander?

No power curve for 998 engine monsters – has it made any difference to your S4RS power out put?

Any more pic or sound files?

Regards

Smiler

S4Rs MacK
24-04-2007, 02:15 PM
Smiler

I paid around £700 inc vat from Stuart at Spareshack. It was on special offer at the end of last year.
Piece of wee to fit, no need to change e-prom or add power commander.Although Quat D are doing an eprom upgrade. Email Manuel at Quad D - manuel.deliso@quatd.com for details

Have a look at www.motowheels.com they also sell Quat D exhausts, they have a couple of sound files to check out as well. The best one of the two is below

http://alex.digital7.com/quatdexhaust.mov

Click on the large photo of the premises to enter their site, then click on European Motorcycle Parts, then follow it through Ducati to Monster.

As far as any change in output goes, I haven't had it dyno'd yet, but I seriously embarassed a few large Jap sportsbikes on Thu night on my way to a local bike meet, and they had to come and have a look at what had just spanked them!!

Hope that is helpfull dude, email me if you need more - dean.mackenzie1@btinternet.com

ex748
30-04-2007, 08:52 PM
Got my Quat-D exhaust last week and after a bit of swearing and brute force it is now fitted. Fired it up and it sounds just superb!!. So much more fruity than the stock zorts. Seems a lot louder as well. Don't know about the tuning though, seems to be a wee bit lumpier in a certain rev range and have had a few backfires on severe down gearing, if there is a e-prom change i will look into this, It pulls like a train clean with no hesitation and certainly turns lots of heads.

Will try and post a pic or two if i can....
:spin:
Stu.

S4Rs MacK
04-05-2007, 06:02 PM
Nice 1 Stu. Welcome to the Ex Box Club.:thumbsup:
I take it you've got both outlets open .....

Lookin fwd to the pics. U can send me one, to dean.mackenzie1@btinternet.com
if you like.

ex748
14-05-2007, 09:08 PM
http://i9.tinypic.com/6gasyrl.jpg

S4Rs MacK
15-05-2007, 10:43 AM
Nice pic Stu.
Any more issues with the lumpiness and backfires?
Blast me a few more to my email address when u get a chance. I have a monster slideshow as my screensaver, and am always keen to add good ones to the collection. dean.mackenzie1@btinternet.com

Cheers

Gim
15-05-2007, 06:21 PM
Ooh I like that Stu :thumbsup:
Is that the DP short tea tray you got there ?
Rob

Qba
13-01-2010, 05:36 PM
Bought some time ago second hand Quat D Ex Box to my s2r 800. Unfortunately guy from duke garage couldn't handle fitting it. He said that it's probably for 1000 ccm. I'm sure I have the right one. Is it really so tricky? Maybe some of you guys dealt with it before. I would appreciate any advice.

BluprintZ
13-01-2010, 10:23 PM
Bought some time ago second hand Quat D Ex Box to my s2r 800. Unfortunately guy from duke garage couldn't handle fitting it. He said that it's probably for 1000 ccm. I'm sure I have the right one. Is it really so tricky? Maybe some of you guys dealt with it before. I would appreciate any advice.

I bought one for my M900 carbie last year and i had a few grunt`n groan moments whilst fitting it but it went together eventually.
The pipes are a very tight fit into the box, so if any of the pipe ends are slightly oval, then it can be a bit of a struggle, patience and perseverance are what's needed.
Do bear in mind that i bought mine specifically for my `98 carbed M900, the 800 could well be slightly different, i don't know.
Awesome piece of kit though.

G ; )

Qba
14-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Thanks George, I'll ask him to try one more time then. Saw one guy who was fitting it on YouTube and he was struggling a bit. I had an impression, that his job would be much easier with additional pair of hands. Hope next try will be more successful.
Ps. Lovely machine

Qba
14-01-2010, 10:43 AM
Small correct... I've got the wrong one. Guy from the garage wasn't very specific in a very beginning but now he said, there is no way it would physically fit to the motorcycle. The pipe is about inch bigger in the place where it's going to the lower cylinder. Maybe he would be able to fit it after removing a swing arm (?!)... which is not an option really :) I give up
I will try to sell it. The only thing is, I still don't know what model exactly it would fit. What a pain in the arse it is.

BluprintZ
14-01-2010, 03:40 PM
Small correct... I've got the wrong one....
....I will try to sell it. The only thing is, I still don't know what model exactly it would fit. What a pain in the arse it is.

Yea, bummer mate.
Who did you get it off, do they know what it was originally fitted to?
The swingarm deffo didn't have to come off mine to fit it, it was a bit of a ballache as i mentioned before but all is not necessarily lost.
If the box lines up ok and it's just the pipe size that is too large for it to fit in the head, then maybe chop them off at the manifold and replace them with some off some old pipes that do fit or failing that, do as above but get the manifold parts made up, so they fit in the head!?

G ; )

Qba
14-01-2010, 05:19 PM
That's the thing. The guy I bought it from, saying it was definitely taken off from s2r 800 but he wasn't the first owner of it and I don't think he even had it on his own bike (had M750) besides he's relaying on infos from the first owner, who I'm trying to trace now. On the other hand I don't want to question the guy from the garage any more, he's fixing dukes for years, where I've got no idea about the subject... So small investigation ahead ;) He mentioned something about cutting the pipe, but I'm not sure... it might be easier and cheaper to just sell it and buy a new, correct one with no hassle.
I like this system a lot and sooner or later I'll get it any way. It's just a question of time really.
Thanks George.