PDA

View Full Version : advice on Pro FST

wobbles
30-03-2007, 12:43 PM
Hi everyone, this is my first post so please bear with me.
Just got my first monster, it is a 97 M900 fitted with high level pipes, a K@N filter and re-jetted. I am having problems which after reading some posts on this great site i now believe is carb icing.
If i start using Pro FST how long into the summer do i need to keep using it, and does this have any ill afects on the engine or carbs etc.
Also can you get a carb heating kit and if so how much do they cost?

Zimbo
30-03-2007, 08:33 PM
Pro FST has no ill effect on the bike and you can keep using it as long as you want or need to - I'd say warmer days from now it shouldn't really be necessary though.
I wouldn't bother with the carb heaters, they're not that effective. If you want to spend some money to solve the carb icing problem, and make your monster go much better and use less fuel at the same time, invest in a pair of Kehin FCR41 carburetors instead :)

Buzz
31-03-2007, 06:37 AM
Mine still runs like a pig in the mornings without FST (on the way to work). Fine on the way home when it's a bit warmer. So I'll be using it for a few weeks yet! If it wasn't so expensive I'd use it all the time - makes sure your fuel is dry and claims to lubricate your carbs etc.

wobbles
31-03-2007, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the replys, think i'll hold off getting buying any FST yet and just pray for some warm weather up north.