PDA

View Full Version : Track Days? - You're Travelling Through Another Dimension......

Matt Black
29-03-2007, 05:53 PM
.....A Dimension Not Only of Sight and Sound but also of Mind,

A Journey into a Wondrous Land whose boundaries are that of Imagination

That's the Signpost up ahead,

You're Next Stop is

Mallory Park

Used to introduce classic series, The Twilight Zone, I think this stirring phrase can equally be applied to the experience gained at the UKMOC Trackday, tickets for which you should really now consider buying if you can.

As the clocks change, and days lengthen, many riders will be nudging their Monsters out of hibernation, dusting off leathers and tightening belts for the first time since the festive season. The holy services attended will not necessarily now be for eternal salvation, but for valve clearances, and fluid changes.

Equally at this time of year, another season opens

The Fatbloke Slightly Nervy Seasonal Spring Push for Trackday Ticket Sales

or the

"This will be the last time I organise this, no really I mean it this time" holiday

or

The Chronicles of NoNearer (to 75% sold)

Well I have tried my best to grease the rusty wheels of participation in previous years. In continuing the theme, I call upon feedback from my previous years attempts. I have gently suggested, forcibly prodded, energetically enthused and ultimately, rudely provoked our club to bite down on the knotted rope of our unique trackday and, without screaming begin the next phase of their lives. For there are two types of motorcycling,

PRE UKMOC trackday - oh well not sure hmm should I but what about

and

POST trackday - best day ever, better rider, better do it again. Just ask Gilps!

So to those who have never been on a trackday before, go back to the top of the thread and read Mr Serlings introduction. This is what a trackday can do for you. But not any trackday, this is the Ducati Monster Trackday, where performance and speed are secondary to

One of the best days out you can have on your bike

400-1000cc / slow, medium, fast / novice, intermediate, really fast

and all those in between, there is a place for everybody at our friendly, supervised, well run, instructional, fun, fed, watered, confidence building, skill developing, big smile, self regulating, guaranteed weather (there will be some), superstar attending (thanks Chris Walker), corporately hospitalised (poor choice of words)

Ducati Monster only - tosser free trackday

Of course some will have to work, some can only watch, some will not have the financial ability to do this, and so all I ask is for those who can't take part, is to support UKMOC and help this day continue to be the success that it has become, (Thanks Terry). Encourage and persuade as many as you can with a Monster to step up , and have a day out on the best controlled track day I have ever experienced.

To those who have been before, you know how much fun you had last time. Would you like to do it all again? 'Course you would! If you can, please book now to avoid dissappointment, and help to make it happen.

I don't even have a Monster at the moment, and I think so much of this day that I was on the web trying to find one to buy, just to do this. Ebay watch out! I'll buy just to do it all again! Never had so much fun on my Ducati Monster as I did away from the traffic, among all my Monster friends (both of them) on the best one way street in the country - Mallory Park

Any doubts? Look now at previous threads for other years to see answers to your concerns. Don't miss it!

Done my best - over to you! My work is done.

Kind Regards to you all and Good Luck Terry, UP UKMOC

Scotty
29-03-2007, 06:29 PM
i recon even paranoid dave will be tempted with that sales patter

squiffything
29-03-2007, 08:16 PM
Blimey Fatbloke did we have enough pennies in the coffers to be able to afford Satchi and Satchi

Top work Keith and come on the rest of you you know you wanna

Matt Black
30-03-2007, 03:42 PM
....advice!

Apologies, just sticking my pitch back up the forum.

My ego wants more views, and Fatbloke wants more ticket sales, soooo......to the opening post,

go on!

Off you go!

squiffything
30-03-2007, 03:58 PM
No apologies needed Great job well done and as the man says come you lot

Matt Black
18-04-2007, 07:12 PM
Following more pleading from Fatbloke, I'm just pushing this up the forum again, it might encourage somebody.

Gim
18-04-2007, 07:35 PM
I would so love to go but work wont let me off in august... can we have one in june next year !!!!
Rob

Scotty
18-04-2007, 07:40 PM
you look like your becomeing ill :rolleyes:

fatbloke
18-04-2007, 08:06 PM
I would so love to go but work wont let me off in august..
Rob

Its in July

Chris & Nean
18-04-2007, 08:13 PM
Am I allowed out on the track on square tires???

Chris & Nean
18-04-2007, 08:22 PM
With my long Johns on under my leathers and my scarf round my neck and my florescent green jerkin thingy on??

Bodybag
18-04-2007, 08:29 PM
With my long Johns on under my leathers and my scarf round my neck and my florescent green jerkin thingy on??

Erm this is the UKMOC. I think you must be looking for the Ramblers Association!! ;)

fatbloke
18-04-2007, 08:38 PM
Am I allowed out on the track on square tires???

they won't be square at the end of the day!

Chris & Nean
18-04-2007, 08:48 PM
:chuckle: I know them guys bodybag! their the ones jumping out the way and shaking their fists at me and pointing at me with walking sticks when I come around the corner knee down sparks flying on lonely deserted country lanes, bless em

Chris & Nean
18-04-2007, 08:50 PM
if my tires come out of it more rounded and me too i will be quite happy fatbloke :chuckle:

NattyBoy
18-04-2007, 08:51 PM
Terry - i'll also put some stuff up for raffling off dinnertime if you like mate..

Seriously - I almost feel like paying for people if they dont like it - i'm just that confident !! EVERYONE ive spoken to whos done there first one over the last 3 years has absolutely loved it.

The buzz the night before at the pub is worth it alone !!

Nat

NattyBoy
18-04-2007, 08:53 PM
Seriously - I almost feel like paying for people if they dont like it

- That was a bloody stupid idea (ive had a few johnnie walkers tonight) - :chuckle: :dunce: :chuckle:

Shandy
18-04-2007, 08:55 PM
Seriously - I almost feel like paying for people if they dont like it

- That was a bloody stupid idea (ive had a few johnnie walkers tonight) - :chuckle: :dunce: :chuckle:

Must be your age mate :chuckle: :chuckle:

Anyways ive even signed up for this lark on my old nail, cant wait :thumbsup:

Gim
19-04-2007, 07:21 AM
Its in July

Drivin a combine mid july to end of august

bigredduke
24-04-2007, 08:59 PM
Are there many people planning on camping at the circuit on the Thursday night? I don't fancy being the only one!:( If that's the case I will book a Travelodge or similar close by.

Shandy
24-04-2007, 09:04 PM
Ill be staying at the track, not sure ill be camping more like sleeping in the car for me :thumbsup

I think a fair few others will be doing the same :drunk:

gjfevans
25-04-2007, 09:43 PM
I will be dusting off my tent for the night