PDA

View Full Version : Dyno Jet- 1997 M750 shall I shant I....

M750Matt
29-03-2007, 10:11 AM
Good morning sage Monster Gurus

I have a ponderance,

I Live with a '97 M 750, 12k miles single disc, single clock model, (silver if that matters) and i was contemplating a dynojet kit to try and overcome some running trouble.

At present we struggle to get a consistant Idle, on constant trottle openings at 30-70 MPH the engine surges and stutters, it is fine when winding on and off but under constant power it is most un happy. I also suffer, or maybe the neighbours suffer with quite a bit of back fire, and some rather rapidly fouled plugs, a black sooty fowling.

i have just got a new performance air filter to try and lean things out a bit but was thinking of replacing the jets to try and improve the running a bit.

I have read the carb set up link with interest and am keen to gain any ideas people have for set up tips that might help,

many thanks in advance

Matt

p.s has any one fitted the DJZ 7207 stage two kit to a early 97 M750?

Steggz
29-03-2007, 12:58 PM
Needles on the correct notch?

tommo
29-03-2007, 03:02 PM
dynojet kits don't touch the idle circuit.

slob
29-03-2007, 05:40 PM
What sort of pipes are you running and is the airbox standard(ie has it had a big hole cut in the top)?
I'd try resetting everything to standard first and check for stupid little things like blocked breather pipes.
Also try a new set of plugs and make sure you have a nice fat spark on both cylinders.
In my experience it's often difficult to tell the difference between ignition and carburetion problems initially.

I'm sure someone on here has a manual and can tell you what the factory settings should be if you're not sure.

M750Matt
30-03-2007, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the words of wisdom,
we are currently at factory spec, new standard plugs, have tryed the iridiums but they soot up even quicker, standard pipes standard airbox lid and trumpets, i have used a good dose of carb cleaner, mostly 'cos i like the smell, and this weekend i will check the needle settings and breather hoses...
Again thanks

Matt

Stuart42
30-03-2007, 09:10 AM
Ahhh there's the problem, it's silver;0)

Sorry to be a pain but what breather pipes do you mean? Are they the ones that run to the little pod things on the frame? I only ask as I'm suffering similar problems and have tried new plugs etc.

Cheers
Stuart

M750Matt
02-04-2007, 12:16 PM
Right ho I have done some more research and my diagnosis is warn needle jets I have ordered some replacements from Factory Pro in the US (couldn’t resist the rejet kit whilst I was there) I will keep you posted..

Matt

If any one else want any thing from factory pro then get in touch with me today or tomorrow as they will dispatch on Wednesday and we can share the postage cost..

M750Matt
13-04-2007, 01:33 PM
parts have arrived, carbs are stripped fingers crossed for the rebuild.. now were did this o ring come from...

Blah blah
13-04-2007, 06:53 PM
While the carbs are in bits, can you let me know how big the main jets are as standard - I've just bought one (750) with open microns, and I think it's running a bit weak.

M750Matt
16-04-2007, 05:00 PM
All back together and running like a treat... may be a little rich, i guess i just have to monitor the MPG and the plugs and pipes for black soot,

any good tips for assesing the richness leanness of a tune up?

i shall check the old mains tonight and post what they were..i think it was 135ish