PDA

View Full Version : Bike Safe Course

Lady-Bob
28-03-2007, 11:22 AM
I have now booked myself on a Bike-Safe Course for 21st July at The Warren in Hayes Kent.

Anyone wishing to join me please telephone 08452 600650 and book over the phone.

£30 for the whole day, including a cafe lunch 08.45 to approx 5pm

I have spoken with Metropolitan Police Bikesafe-london, The Warren (South Venue) Coordinator: Sgt. Michael Wallace, and he has advised that no-one will be nicked by them if they have illegal/loud cans, small number plates etc. You will be advised to change them but you will NOT be nicked for it, nor your reg plate taken so they can nick you later.

Your bike will need to have horn, brake lights etc., in full working order. He has advised to check chain tension before arrival.

I went on this course a few years ago. I believe Alanc(?) has been on it some months ago. It's well worth the money.

Please, seriously consider attending this course. This club enjoys getting out and about and having fun.... but the safety aspect of riding does need to be re-inforced from time to time - I care about you all.:bunny:

Ok, I'll stop nagging now if you'll telephone and book yourself on this course.

For more information on the venue please click on this link: http://www.bikesafe-london.co.uk/warren.htm

After you have booked, please post back on this thread to let me know you are coming.

scrapps
28-03-2007, 12:03 PM
Hi Bob. very intrested in doing this,but may have problems getting there by that time in the morning:worried: . i will look into it more and let you know:thumbsup:

Lady-Bob
28-03-2007, 12:23 PM
Scrapps - you'd be welcome to sleep on my sofa the night before if you wanna?

GULLY
28-03-2007, 08:34 PM
Hi Bob
I would be up for a bike safe but with new job mit be takeing mickey
will speck to them.
and get back to you
hope you are all well.

Gully

bod
28-03-2007, 10:50 PM
Not im my area but I can't recommend these enough...imagine doing 110MPH through the Yorkshire Dales with a bobbie following you(and not getting a ticket)!

Seriously though it will teach you a lot and bring some of us back down to earth.

scrapps
29-03-2007, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the kind offer Bob,:thumbsup: i will check with she who should be obayed.:worried: and get back to you a.s.a.p. if all ok i would like to take yo up on the offer.