PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

Jaze
27-03-2007, 07:45 PM
Back to biking and passed test after Direct Access Course three years ago. Hadn't really a clue what bike to get as dealers reluctant to let me have a test ride with only limited experience. Very nearly went for a new Monster 600 but was persuaded by so many people towards a VFR 800, which I have to agree is a great all rounder.
Bought a 1998 model with just under 10,000 miles, and it did everything I expected. Very forgiving for developing riding skills and potentially quite quick, if a little soulless and lacking in character.
Three weeks ago I took a 2007 S4R for a test ride, WOW! Mind completely blown away and I now feel 15 years younger, which at my age is no bad thing! Got to get one. Went to see those very helpful and enthusiastic people at Moto Rapido in Winchester and am now the very proud owner of a lovely new red and white S4R.
Am still keeping the VFR for the time being, but compared to the S4R it feels like a very soft armchair!
Look forward to meeting some of you soon on rideouts etc.
John

Stafford
27-03-2007, 07:53 PM
Welcome to the mad house.
Best get down to Goodwood this Sunday and show us yer new toy then. :thumbsup:

Shandy
27-03-2007, 08:11 PM
Welcome to the club :flag:

Hey John was that you picking the new bike up last Saturday??? I was at Rapido's getting some parts for mine and saw a new en being uncovered, nice bike!!!

Cheers,

Andy

Jaze
27-03-2007, 08:25 PM
Andy, yep was me OK, enjoyed 177 miles first day:chuckle: , cant seem to run it in quick enough!

Cheers, John

scrumpster
27-03-2007, 08:37 PM
Welcome and I know what it feels like now cos I'm getting my new bike in just under two weeks and feel like a little kid!!!! :woot:

Pedro
27-03-2007, 09:34 PM
Hi Jaze

get yourself to Winchester Services at 9am, the Shell station on the way in towards Rapido and come along to Goodwood!

Ped

Jaze
28-03-2007, 06:58 PM
Hi Ped,
Sounds great, will try and make it. Subject to Mrs J (who definately does not do biking) allowing me a bike pass for two weekends running!! I'm sure you understand.

Cheers, John.

Shandy
28-03-2007, 07:19 PM
Subject to Mrs J (who definately does not do biking) allowing me a bike pass for two weekends running!!

Just tell her its essential running in, its got to be worth a go :biggrin:

Mrs J cant be that bad though, she let you buy the bike :thumbsup: