PDA

View Full Version : Nattyboy picks up the tools shocker....

NattyBoy
25-03-2007, 06:36 PM
Its official - nattyboy is the new king of desmo !!

Who needs a load of poncy snap on tools when youve got a lump hammer and bolster to get one of these cylinder head thingies off..lol !!

On a serious note, those who know me will appreciate that I'm completley incapable of doing anything whatsoever with the tools - so once again take a bow Mr Rich 'Louigi Moto' Llewellin for giving up his saturday (even though his bikes were racingat Silverstone the following day) to take the motor apart and sort the bore wash/lack of compression on my front cylinderthat resulted from my injector sticking open last season.

Blokes a perfectionist - told him about my blowing exhaust and out came the TIG welder and gear to make sure it was spot on. Went for a wee and even came back to catch him polishing it before I went back home on it !

Truly amazing watching someone who knows what there doing strip one of these babies apart !! Imight just trade up from my fisher price tool kit yet....!!

Nat

Shandy
25-03-2007, 08:18 PM
Bloody hell Nat, no wonder you needed Rich's help, that hammer your using is way too small :chuckle: :chuckle:

Pedro
25-03-2007, 08:19 PM
You scare me Large Ead......

NattyBoy
25-03-2007, 08:24 PM
You scare me Large Ead......

You'd be proud of me this weekend mate - even managed to do some technical drawing template on a cornflakes box for these 888 exhaust hangers I need youb to knock up in time for sunday...:p

Pedro
25-03-2007, 08:39 PM
You best get them in the post a bit sharpish!

How's the monnie now?

Shandy
25-03-2007, 08:46 PM
I dont envy you there Ped, you know hes been sat there all afternoon with the kids crayons and childproof scissors :chuckle: :chuckle:

NattyBoy
25-03-2007, 08:53 PM
Like a cruise missile mate !!! Forgot how much poke it had lost really. A combination of the exhaust blowing and compression loss really seemed to effect it.

Best bit on the way home was spinning the back up in 3rd on some salty cack...!!

Think i'm back in love with it now and wont be flogging it cheap to a fatboy in portsmouth after all !! Hell - I even shelled out for a new number plate !!!

PM me your address mate and i'll get the template off..

Nat

fatbloke
25-03-2007, 09:01 PM
that hammer your using is way too small :chuckle: :chuckle:

its all a question of scale shandy
his head is so f*^%@-g huge the hammer looks small.

NattyBoy
25-03-2007, 09:17 PM
missed "looks better without the rad" gag opportunity there you dumpy little man :biggrin:

fatbloke
25-03-2007, 09:21 PM
you should be able to control the hammer tho' that extra finger's got to help

Pedro
25-03-2007, 09:24 PM
It's the anti-slip webbing!

Actually, the phrase "when I nod my head, you hit it..." springs to mind but it might damage the hammer!

Pedro
25-03-2007, 09:29 PM
Think i'm back in love with it now and wont be flogging it cheap to a fatboy in portsmouth after all !! Hell - I even shelled out for a new number plate !!!

That sort of comment won't get you some hangers made... I most certainly do NOT live in Portsmouth!

fatbloke
25-03-2007, 09:31 PM
you would think he'd have a hell of job buying gloves.
is that why he wears mittens?

Sqwifeve
25-03-2007, 09:38 PM
What's wrong with Portsmouth?:worried:

Pedro
25-03-2007, 10:17 PM
you would think he'd have a hell of job buying gloves.
is that why he wears mittens?

Last time I saw them, I think they were race "lobster" gloves!!!

They did have a piece of string up through the arms so he doesn't lose them.

fatbloke
26-03-2007, 06:53 AM
What's wrong with Portsmouth?:worried:
don't know whats wrong with Portsmouth but why would you name your latest
landmark the sphincter tower?