PDA

View Full Version : Dorset to Goodwood Breakfast 1 April

Matt Black
25-03-2007, 05:51 PM
Well I guess since I no longer own a Monster, (possibly temporarily) my claim to be a true 'representative' for the Dorseteers, or even a member of UKMOC fell to the ground some time ago.

However, I have a 'qualifying' motorcycle for this event and so if anyone is thinking of travelling from West of Hants, perhaps they might like to post a reply.

Provided it starts, and keeps going, doesn't get too hot etc etc I will be joining up with a Benelli contingent on the way.

We needn't be seen together obviously, but I'm just reaching out an oily Olive Branch to existing UKMOC Dorseteers, in an Acting Lance Corporal Affiliated Representative type way.

Regards

Matt Black
29-03-2007, 03:43 PM
OK I've got the message.....

giler
29-03-2007, 03:49 PM
Just to be nosy, what's the qualifying bike?

Matt Black
29-03-2007, 03:52 PM
I decided to push the reliability and frustration envelope and bought a Benelli TNT last year, so it qualifies as being Italian.

Sold my monster prior to that thinking an S4 was the way to go, only to find out I didn't like riding 'em!!

Gilps
29-03-2007, 04:03 PM
I decided to push the reliability and frustration envelope and bought a Benelli TNT last year, so it qualifies as being Italian.

Sold my monster prior to that thinking an S4 was the way to go, only to find out I didn't like riding 'em!!

I really like the TNT. Is yours pre-Chinese buyout or post? I heard they had a few problems with build quality until recently. How's yours been?

Hope to see you down there on Sunday.

sadbiker
29-03-2007, 04:11 PM
The tornado was good.... Went on the back of a mates last year and nearly cacked my pants when he tucked it into corners... It definelty drops in and goes round.

I heard it was reliability issues with some of the earlier engines which should have been resolved now. Seems some of the internals wasn't up to the job.

Matt Black
29-03-2007, 04:17 PM
In Chinese terms its "a visit to the off licence"

in other words, pre Chinese.

Touch wood, I've had no problems so far and the 8,000 (not done by me)valve service I have just had has gone well, with only one plug covered in rusty water and only one piece of unidentified swarf falling out of the engine during the fluid change. Still, mustn't grumble. Compression fine and running well.

Most of the issues concerned electrics (Italian, dodgy electrics?) and have been cured or eased by remapping. However, she's on life support most nights due to weak battery/wiring/alternater/starter motor.
The engine itself is very sound, Nurse - its a case of the peripheries.

Truly is a fantastic bike to ride, and look at. I appreciate the response, I thought I had a case of UKMOC internet leprosy for a minute.

Now that I feel all warm inside, I feel a Trackday encouragement thread coming on. I used to like doing those.

Shandy
29-03-2007, 06:19 PM
Hey its italian and a damn nice looking bike so we might see you there then, theres a meet up points all over, Bath way, Swindon and Winchester if you want to tag along with some of us.

Cheers,

Shandy

Matt Black
02-04-2007, 03:56 PM
Well hopefully yes you did. Very good monster turnout I thought.

With a bit of luck UKMOC numbers will have swelled as a result.