22-03-2007, 09:42 AM
She's still the queen of pop, even with a receeding hairline

Gim
22-03-2007, 09:55 AM

Hmmmmmm :scratch:

Darry
22-03-2007, 10:01 AM
Think he's on about the shaven head thing...

Kato will be on here in a sec to have a rant no doubt :)

D.

slob
22-03-2007, 10:17 AM
It's probably just the other mousketeer backlash thing.

squiffything
22-03-2007, 10:47 AM

How can you even consider her in that role when there is Kylie.

mmmmmm Kylie :p

sadbiker
22-03-2007, 11:22 AM
2nd that... Kylie..........

dean
22-03-2007, 11:27 AM
am i the only one who finds the image of a deranged, baldy pop princess brandishing an umbrella threatening to smash a paparazzi's car and testicles mildly titilating?

yeharrr
22-03-2007, 02:37 PM
Hm, so gone are the days when bikers listened to the quo.
Says me with classic FM in the background!

Gilps
22-03-2007, 02:53 PM

I can't keep up with all this. I thought Madonna was the Queen of Pop, and Britney was the Princess of Pop. Has somebody died? And I googled princess of pop and got Celine Dion, Kylie Minogue, and Gwen Stefani. It's all very confusing.
Michael Jackson used to be referred to as the King of Pop. Now I know he hasn't died, but his career has, so who's taken over from him. By rights it should be Prince.

giler
22-03-2007, 02:56 PM
I can't keep up with all this. I thought Madonna was the Queen of Pop, and Britney was the Princess of Pop. Has somebody died? And I googled princess of pop and got Celine Dion, Kylie Minogue, and Gwen Stefani. It's all very confusing.
Michael Jackson used to be referred to as the King of Pop. Now I know he hasn't died, but his career has, so who's taken over from him. By rights it should be Prince.

I thought it was Doris Day!

dean
22-03-2007, 03:16 PM
Apologies for my oversight, i just re-read my quotes, by my reckoning i had demoted poor britney from queen to princess within a matter of an hour or so, if she were to read that she would go mental.

Madonna is more like the queen mum of pop, not in a wrinkly incontinent way, just in terms or service, and good on her.

Gwen stefani is awesome,no doubt.

Nonnie
22-03-2007, 03:48 PM
I do apologise but I've been at work all day or I would have come in sooner. Madonna is the Queen Mum and Gawd bless her and a fair few have sailed in her I reckon.

Britney is sheer white trash and I don't care if I upset her but Toxic was great.

Gwen Stefani is a nutter so she wins.

Sealion Dying is just that. Truly awful, anyone remember her buck teeth and the fact that she sung for Switzerland in the Eurovision yonks ago. For the Eurovision thing, I would often upgrade them to mildly passeable for the amusement factor but sadly, in her case, n'est possible.

dean
22-03-2007, 03:57 PM
She apparently achives the unique tone by stuffing crushed almonds in her chin, for that alone i think she deserves some credit.

I wasn't aware that britney did a stint working on the bins, she continues to go up in my estimation.

dean
22-03-2007, 04:12 PM

Britney is sheer white trash and I don't care if I upset her but Toxic was great.

Toxic was written by Cathy Dennis, she's british you know, she also wrote lots or rachel stevens (fox from steps ) stuff on her solo album.

I dont wish to appear like a stalker or a perv, more like a music afficionado, however i feel that perhaps you dont believe me.

Now Cathy dennis, she's cool.

yeharrr
22-03-2007, 05:16 PM
Oh gosh. I guess I will have to read up on all this pop stuff if I am to be a monster owner then. :ymca: (but not in a gay way)

Gim
22-03-2007, 05:29 PM
Beyonce.......Bootililicious !

Lost Again
22-03-2007, 05:33 PM
Toxic was written by Cathy Dennis, she's british you know, she also wrote lots or rachel stevens (fox from steps )

Sorry but I'm gonna have to dive in here. Rachel Stevens, or 'The Steve' as she's known to my housemates, is actually ex S Club 7. Along with the cute little Hannah Spearit, the slightly blokish but you still would Jo O' Mara (who was recently seen having a barney with Shilpa in the big brother house) and Tina who looked somewhat like a cheap 'ho. They had their own TV series and everything, that I never watched...... ever.....
Steps was slightly before S Club 7 but did have 3 hot chicks in it, tho I can only remember 1 name. Faye I believe. There was the brunette one that could actually sing though. How odd for a pop band....

Humbucker
22-03-2007, 06:09 PM
[only remember 1 name. Faye I believe. There was the brunette one that could actually sing though. How odd for a pop band....[/QUOTE]

Brunette was Lisa scott Lee who decided to try(and fail) to emulate "The Osbornes" by having a truly awfull show called Totally Scott Lee in which she was very publically trying to Kick Start her solo career, with the help of her agent Nathan of Brother Beyond.

She stated in this show that if her single didn't make top ten then she would give up music..................it reached 37.

The funny thing, was that the record company didnt even press enough copies of it to reach top 10...How sad:thumbsup:

gremlin
22-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Cathy Dennis was a Norfolk lass so should we adopt her as an honourary monsterer. What do you think Nonnie?

dean
22-03-2007, 07:51 PM
[QUOTE=Lost Again;198102]Sorry but I'm gonna have to dive in here. Rachel Stevens, or 'The Steve' as she's known to my housemates, is actually ex S Club 7.QUOTE]

Of course, merely an ovesight there, impressed by your detailed knowledge of the genre. Was "the steve" her stage name or is there something she's not telling us?

Equally fascinated to learn of Cathy Dennis' East anglian roots, she's bootiful. It is incredible to think that from such a humble beginnings in Norfolk she went on to conquer the pop world, oh how the bird flew!

gremlin
22-03-2007, 08:09 PM
We do have a few, Myleene Klass is another one! Not sure about the Darkness though! Cathy went to school with an ex workmate. Mark Knopfler lives near Diss now, quite a few come here to get away from the rat race. Clive and I met in a pub run by we think Chris Kefford from the Move.

Nonnie
22-03-2007, 09:15 PM
[QUOTE=dean;198130
Equally fascinated to learn of Cathy Dennis' East anglian roots, she's bootiful. It is incredible to think that from such a humble beginnings in Norfolk she went on to conquer the pop world, oh how the bird flew![/QUOTE]

I'm next. I've got a rendition of Cinderella Rockefeller to be released soon.

I saw that bloke from The Darkness in Great Yarmouth a while back.

I'm seriously hobnobbing it with the rich and famous.

scrumpster
22-03-2007, 09:20 PM
http://media.putfile.com/Summer-Days

What do you think of this lot?

benson
22-03-2007, 09:38 PM
Hob Nobs - now that's more like it - maybe a spin off from Team Crumble?

dean
23-03-2007, 08:17 AM
Cathy Dennis wrote that too, my, that girl has talent.

Nonnie
23-03-2007, 08:46 AM
Yes, apparently she didn't like the limelight and preferred to write for other people.

She can be in our gang. I'm just the same. Kylie has no idea.

squiffything
23-03-2007, 08:52 AM
Yes, apparently she didn't like the limelight and preferred to write for other people.

She can be in our gang. I'm just the same. Kylie has no idea.

Oi don't you say that about Kylie and don't you let PD hear you dissin the woman who will be his wife :)

giler
23-03-2007, 09:22 AM
Oi don't you say that about Kylie and don't you let PD hear you dissin the woman who will be his wife :)

What PeDro is to marry Kylie?????????

squiffything
23-03-2007, 09:53 AM
Noooooo it's a well known fact that the ever elusive Paranoid Dave has dibs on her

dean
23-03-2007, 09:59 AM
Perhaps with a last name like Dennis she was destined to be one of pop's "background artistes", poor girl. It just goes to show that it's all in a name, i mean "kylie Minogue", that name was destined to be a star.

Alvin stardust is another, Mr & Mrs stardust senior must have clicked their heels with joy when they came up with that name.

danwilliams
23-03-2007, 11:36 AM
got to have my say here, rachael stevens was in s club seven firstly, maddonna is defo queen mum, kylie is the queen even tho she was bald for a short time, as for britney, agree with wat was said earlier, trailer trash. as for pop princess' have you guys never heard of girls aloud? i mean seriously........... how fit???

gremlin
23-03-2007, 01:52 PM
But what about musical talent, I get the feeling it's all on looks boys! Some of the girl bands couldn't carry a tune in a bucket.
In fact I'd stick my neck out and say quite a few bands/singers would be hard pressed. If anyone was listening to radio 2 on Saturday, there was a live set by the Proclaimers, I'm not a fan but boy could those guys perform. Music is pretty plastic these days, eee when I were a lad I mean lass, bands were pretty much as good live, as in the studio, probably cos there weren't the gizmos then. Anyone at a Ramones gig or whatever had the nearly the same sound as on the LP. Ok most will say it was crap but hearing some of the bands live now they are dire.

dean
23-03-2007, 02:06 PM
that boy knopfler is a mean picking plucker, and by no means dire, straight.

dean
23-03-2007, 02:12 PM
But what about musical talent, I get the feeling it's all on looks boys! dire.

she's got it all, talent, looks, a fine array of tattoos and a beautifully shaped head, whar more would a man want?

Lost Again
23-03-2007, 02:16 PM
Of course, merely an ovesight there, impressed by your detailed knowledge of the genre. Was "the steve" her stage name or is there something she's not telling us?

No big secret, just one of my housemates came out with it as we were sitting watchin music TV in the early hours of the mornin after a night out. It just kind of stuck.

Nonnie
23-03-2007, 02:38 PM
The Proclaimers rock. In a Christian sort of way.

gremlin
23-03-2007, 03:45 PM
did you hear them on sat on radio 2..?? live they were awesome, one of the best live plays of any song ive heard ever...