PDA

View Full Version : another newbie...

Blah blah
20-03-2007, 10:37 PM
Hello ukmonster and all who sail her...
Right, descision made, after years of sports bikes (and consequently a very pointy license), some racing, green laning and a hard tail chop, I'm going to buy myself a monster, red 600 with low level termis would be nice
I've loved 'em and wanted one since they came out, and now I'm going to buy one before the wife spends all the money on a mini. Have to see if i can master the wanted adds !!
Ride safe, have fun

yeharrr
20-03-2007, 10:44 PM
Hi and welcome. New to it myself. Getting mine at the weekend. They don't seem a bad lot here. Have fun.

Chris & Nean
20-03-2007, 10:50 PM
Hello old bean

Stafford
20-03-2007, 11:24 PM
Hello ukmonster and all who sail her...
Right, descision made, after years of sports bikes (and consequently a very pointy license),

And you think riding a monster won't score points. Wrong.
Welcome aboard
Stafford (yes real name)

danwilliams
21-03-2007, 09:44 AM
new myself to monsters and the forum, seem to be goog guys here, the monster is an awesome bike, brakes, handling, power delivery and the best attribute, noise an with low level termi's youll become a hated neighbour like the rest of us!

mrtony
21-03-2007, 10:02 AM
Can't say I've had any complaints about the Monnie.
Other than next door thought the pointing was being shaken from his brickwork when I left it running in the alley!!:chuckle:
I think they like the sound of my Minis RC40 straight through too.
I find they both help in the prevention of too many late night parties when fired up good and early on a work day,any 5 from 7 for me!
Am I a hated neighbour? Bovvered? Not.

yeharrr
21-03-2007, 12:07 PM
Ah, I don't think my hi level termi's will bother next door too much...no, the slash cuts on my harley will mask the sound nicley.
Had a copper stop me once on a ZXR. He looked up the pipe with a torch and said there was no E mark on the outside, but buy the look of it there was enought empty space inside the can for the maker to have got his hand inside with a punch and hammer and mark it there instead. He let me off with a producer in the end.