PDA

View Full Version : Canary Wharf, Yellow Tank, Black Frame

Mostro69
16-03-2007, 09:45 AM
Is that your Monster in Cabot Sq underground parking?

J.P
16-03-2007, 10:23 AM
You commute from Richmond to the Wharf every day ?
Heck of a long run through town.

Mostro69
16-03-2007, 10:26 AM
Yeah, was thinking of starting a thread of record commute times for various peeps' commutes. Thing is, by train/tube it's around an hour door-to-door, but on the bike it's 40 mins on average, 30 mins on a clear run with no traffic and good weather. Have been doing it since Oct last year and it's been a great way to learn the London roads too.

slob
16-03-2007, 10:58 AM
Yeah, was thinking of starting a thread of record commute times for various peeps' commutes. Thing is, by train/tube it's around an hour door-to-door, but on the bike it's 40 mins on average, 30 mins on a clear run with no traffic and good weather. Have been doing it since Oct last year and it's been a great way to learn the London roads too.

That's the duff way (I used to do Greenford-Canary Wharf-Greenford) You get the Sun in your eyes both ways.

banditloon
16-03-2007, 12:27 PM

25 minutes from sunny Esher to EC1 on my Bandit 6 :D Not sure if the record still stands at Wey Group couriers, but the controllers couldn't believe I did it that quick :chuckle:

Mostro69
16-03-2007, 12:33 PM
Not bad... do you have a Squashed Granny record that co-incides with that one by any chance?

banditloon
16-03-2007, 01:39 PM
Not bad... do you have a Squashed Granny record that co-incides with that one by any chance?

I only ever got squashed by a white van.. Well the van sort of bounced off the Bridgestone tyre on the front of my Bandit! :biggrin:

I did have a 'Disappearing Granny' moment, on the Cromwell Road back in my courier days :eyepopping: Damn tourists, looking the wrong way before crossing the road. She stood right in the middle of the road, no way I could've stopped the Bandit (crap Nissin brakes!), and she disappeared...... As I looked in my mirror, someone had grabbed her coat and hoiked her out of the road!! :chuckle: