PDA

View Full Version : just saying hello.

danwilliams
15-03-2007, 08:45 AM
hi there, im new to the monster world although the old man has had them for years. bought myself a lovely s4 with all the carbon an termi's. looks and sounds the dog's and goes like a train. most chuffed with it although picking it up from scotland was a ballache, 12 hrs in the van!

Dan

banditloon
15-03-2007, 09:07 AM
Welcome to the Monster owning world Dan :D

I thought going down to Liskeard in mid December, on the train, and riding back to London was bad enough to pick up a Monster! Those damn Ducatis make us travel the land to buy one :chuckle:

Enjoy the bike and ride safe :thumbsup:

danwilliams
15-03-2007, 09:35 AM
this is true, on the way back when the rain vanished i got the bike out the van and blasted it down the a50 at disgusting speeds with a smile on my face like the joker. discovered the fuel light doesnt wk at 100mph when i ran out of fuel on the outside lane! haha.

banditloon
15-03-2007, 11:54 AM
this is true, on the way back when the rain vanished i got the bike out the van and blasted it down the a50 at disgusting speeds with a smile on my face like the joker. discovered the fuel light doesnt wk at 100mph when i ran out of fuel on the outside lane! haha.

Ah the old mad, insane biker grin :D It's great :chuckle: Running out of petrol in the outside lane is not so great :thumbsdown: Probably a good time to check the fuel level sensor :D

nik_the_brief
15-03-2007, 01:11 PM
Ah the old mad, insane biker grin :D It's great :chuckle: Running out of petrol in the outside lane is not so great :thumbsdown: Probably a good time to check the fuel level sensor :D

I never trust mine either - sometimes it works and sometimes it chooses not to. I always reset the tripmeter to zero when I fill up and then start looking round for another petrol station when it hits the 100 mile mark.

Welcome by the way.

danwilliams
15-03-2007, 03:41 PM
cheers, thats what ive been doing, all part an parcel of bein a monster owner tho i suppose!

boris
16-03-2007, 10:16 AM
It's very fetching this duc lark, had to go to York to pick my Baby up. Just over 800 miles round-trip. The grin factor more than makes up for the grand hike..:thumbsup:

banditloon
16-03-2007, 11:31 AM
It's very fetching this duc lark, had to go to York to pick my Baby up. Just over 800 miles round-trip. The grin factor more than makes up for the grand hike..:thumbsup:

:D :chuckle:

gjfevans
16-03-2007, 05:58 PM
I never trust mine either - sometimes it works and sometimes it chooses not to. I always reset the tripmeter to zero when I fill up and then start looking round for another petrol station when it hits the 100 mile mark.

Welcome by the way.

With an average mph you will be OK to 120 miles before the fuel light should come on but that will drop to 100 miles if you really start to push for any distance ie 100mph on the French motorways

johndark
16-03-2007, 06:42 PM
Glad I'm not the only one, I drove to Norfolk for mine! Isn't the Internet wonderful:rolleyes: