PDA

View Full Version : Italian Breckie

squiffything
14-03-2007, 11:53 AM
Sunday 1st April - Goodwood Breakfast Club -
'Forza Italia – Italian brio – from scooters to supercars'
Any Italian-built vehicle welcome, from Lambretta to Lamborghini

Anybody from the east up for a ride down to this

It starts at 8.30am, and goes on 'til noon so it will be an early start for most of us.

We might even get to meet up with a few of the other mobs on the way

Humbucker
14-03-2007, 06:08 PM
Maybe benson who i believe is the essex rep (still pretty new round here - sorry) could arrange a meeting point for all us London /Essex members to meet and ride up together, as i dont have the first clue where goodwood is might be easier for me to just follow the leader as i know i'll get lost.:confused:

squiffything
15-03-2007, 06:48 AM
I think Benson is going down the day before and going in with Scrumpster. I know, I know where is she when we need her...

neilp
15-03-2007, 08:54 AM
A good spot to meet up for us would be the services at the A12 M25 junction.

slob
15-03-2007, 09:50 AM
as i dont have the first clue where goodwood is

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=487500&y=107500&z=3&sv=goodwood&st=3&tl=Goodwood+Aerodrome+&+Motor+Racing+Circuit,+West+Sussex+&searchp=newsearch.srf&mapp=newmap.srf

squiffything
15-03-2007, 01:10 PM
Rob thats great thanks for that

Humbucker its near the Maudlin Pub, Next to the Motor works, just above Old Place farm. If your in the ditch you ain't gone far enough and if your in the hospital you've gone too far. OK will see you there :)

Humbucker
15-03-2007, 03:20 PM
A good spot to meet up for us would be the services at the A12 M25 junction.

Nice one!!! Top of my road more or less

benson
16-03-2007, 06:50 PM
Yeah yeah yeah - where am I indeed when needed - thinkg is I am going down the night before to stay with Scrumpster so I'm afraid I'll just be there to welsome you all in!!!

Meanwhile here's hoping by then the spring will have returned!!!

daedos
19-03-2007, 08:50 AM
hi guys - have you sorted the meet-up yet? Can't think where you mean by services at A12/M25 - you don't mean the travel-lodge place?

squiffything
19-03-2007, 09:06 AM
Still got to firm things up so any suggestions might be helpful/useful. Don't know if the services are one and the same I just turn up and have a look around i'm sure one of the others will confirm. Also any suggestions on times anybody?

Melnie Mouse
19-03-2007, 09:17 AM
I usually get there about 10 and it's just bout right, get there too early they're still getting there, so you'll be okay, well worth going though, I can't wait this time round, especially so many of us going :)

daedos
19-03-2007, 12:20 PM
a13 services might be easier, thought I'm only down the road so fairly easy

time... i'd say 8.30 ish

neilp
19-03-2007, 02:06 PM
a13 services might be easier, thought I'm only down the road so fairly easy

time... i'd say 8.30 ish
I would think that squiffy and i will meet up at the A12, but we can then pick you up on the way at A13 services.

squiffything
19-03-2007, 02:19 PM
Yup happy with that humbucker(?) might also be joining us at the A12. 8.30!!! Jeez that's a bit early i'm gonna have to be up at 6.00 on a sunday never seen that time before on me bike on a sunday

Humbucker
20-03-2007, 05:49 PM
Yup happy with that humbucker(?) might also be joining us at the A12. 8.30!!! Jeez that's a bit early i'm gonna have to be up at 6.00 on a sunday never seen that time before on me bike on a sunday

Yep sounds good Squiffy, i'll PM you the day before. and no prob stopping at A13 junction on the way through.

daedos
21-03-2007, 08:56 AM
excellent - I'll wait outside the main entrance to the services building. Prob see you about 8.45.

Fingers crossed it warms up a bit by then

Humbucker
22-03-2007, 06:24 PM
excellent - I'll wait outside the main entrance to the services building. Prob see you about 8.45.

Fingers crossed it warms up a bit by then

Warms up??????? It better!!!! its getting colder by the day

Moley
23-03-2007, 12:25 PM
This sounds good. I will try and join you for this run to Goodwood but cannot confirm until nearer the day.

Headhunter
23-03-2007, 02:02 PM
Yep sounds good Squiffy, i'll PM you the day before. and no prob stopping at A13 junction on the way through.

Room for one more at A12 services? What time are you and Squiffy meeting at?

squiffything
23-03-2007, 03:44 PM
I Think around 8.30 then off to the A13 services to pick up the others although I have no idea where they all are i'll just head to the M25 hang a left and look out for the road to Colchester I'm sure i'll find someone who looks familier. Oh and I think there are a few too many Tottingham chappies coming what with Headhunter and NeilP and all I hope you lot aren't gooner be miserable all day They did their best bless em you can't win a cup every time :)

squiffything
23-03-2007, 03:45 PM
This sounds good. I will try and join you for this run to Goodwood but cannot confirm until nearer the day.

More than welcome Just read the thread and pick a place

Headhunter
23-03-2007, 04:05 PM
Oh and I think there are a few too many Tottingham chappies coming what with Headhunter and NeilP and all I hope you lot aren't gooner be miserable all day They did their best bless em you can't win a cup every time :)

I like. I like. It's all about Europe and top 6. They seem to be quite a few people on here with great taste.

Humbucker
24-03-2007, 02:26 PM
Looks like we may have a good few riding down next sunday.......However, being a Hammers fan myself can we all promise to keep the talking about bikes, Traffic, weather or anything else other than football.

Headhunter
24-03-2007, 02:58 PM
Looks like we may have a good few riding down next sunday.......However, being a Hammers fan myself can we all promise to keep the talking about bikes, Traffic, weather or anything else other than football.

After living with a staunch Hammers fan for the last two years who is 6ft 2 and 14 stone, I've learnt when not to talk about football.

To be honest at that of the morning and on a sunday, I think we'll all be struggling to talk.

Has anyone agreed where abouts to meet up yet at the M25/A12 services? There's a place called Bibbeys Cafe, if that's of any help.

slob
24-03-2007, 03:09 PM
There's a place called Bibbeys Cafe

Or Elvi's (Elvis?) depending on which direction you approach from.

Humbucker
24-03-2007, 04:25 PM
As it is all a bit vague as to where we are all meeting and so no one gets missed, maybe it's best to pick a designated spot.

At junction of A12 / M25 Brentwood turn off we have a petrol station on at the brentwood turn off from the round about.

or

Just further along from there we have a motel with car park

Maybe we should set either of these as i meeting point. Petrol station we probably be sensible option imo.

A13 pick up would probably best be from Petrol station at Lakeside junction just before Queen Elizabeth Bridge.

Headhunter
24-03-2007, 04:37 PM
At junction of A12 / M25 Brentwood turn off we have a petrol station on at the brentwood turn off from the round about.

Sounds good to me.

squiffything
24-03-2007, 05:04 PM
yes that sounds good petrol station at the brentwood turnoff allows fillups if needed

Grumpy
24-03-2007, 05:31 PM
hi guys, count me in, last i knew the cafe at the a12/m25 junction was closed, although the petrol station is still open. So there should be a reasonable size car park to meet in.

daedos
27-03-2007, 07:40 AM
let's set it as the A12/M25 petrol station just off the roundabout on the road leading towards Brentwood. The map link is below but unfortunately it goes all blurry where I need it. I'm pretty sure the garage is the white blur to the right of Vicarage Close.

Google Maps Link (http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&z=16&ll=51.608809,0.267878&spn=0.00637,0.014935&t=h&om=1)

As I'm the only one waiting at the A13 services then I might as well meet you at Brentwood instead - makes little difference to me.

Headhunter
27-03-2007, 07:51 AM
let's set it as the A12/M25 petrol station just off the roundabout on the road leading towards Brentwood. The map link is below but unfortunately it goes all blurry where I need it. I'm pretty sure the garage is the white blur to the right of Vicarage Close.

That's the place. It looks like the petrol station has been demolished. To the right of the car par you can see the markings for the car park where Bibbeys/Elvis cafe is.

squiffything
27-03-2007, 09:07 AM
Ok then we are meeting at:

the A12/M25 petrol station just off the roundabout on the road leading towards Brentwood.

8.30am

and there will be:

Squiffything
NeilP
Humbucker
Daedos59
Moley ?
Headhunter
White 537

Anybody else think they wanna join us speak now or forever hold their bits. ok you can speak nearer the day but just trying to avoid leaving on the morning before everyone gets there. I suggest we head off around 8.45/8.50.

Please read the thread re rideouts and safety http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=20788&highlight=rideout+safety

Finally for the day my mobly No is 07920162618

neilp
27-03-2007, 09:12 AM
I dont know when the mapping was done but the petrol station was still there a few days ago. It is just about on the roundabout for the M25 so you cant miss it.

Headhunter
27-03-2007, 11:07 AM
I dont know when the mapping was done but the petrol station was still there a few days ago. It is just about on the roundabout for the M25 so you cant miss it.

I thought that too when I saw the map. See you bright and early on Sunday!

It's gonna be one hell of a mission to wake up that early on a Sunday.

squiffything
27-03-2007, 11:19 AM
You're alright i've got an hours ride before i get to the first meet Looks like i'll be waking the dawn chorus again :)

neilp
27-03-2007, 11:43 AM
Yeah, my new neighbours are going to love me at 7.30 on a sunday morning.

squiffything
27-03-2007, 11:51 AM
hee hee hee I told you you should have put proper sound proofing in that shed conversion you did.

Headhunter
27-03-2007, 12:30 PM
Mad I know, but am coming over from SW London. Would be easier to meet Surrey lot, but the lure of riding through the City at that time of the morning is too good to give up.

daedos
27-03-2007, 02:36 PM
know what you mean - am looking forward to the ride back through the Dartford tunnel. speed up, slow down, speed up, slow down ... love the noise

CK & AK
27-03-2007, 03:22 PM
Mad I know, but am coming over from SW London. Would be easier to meet Surrey lot, but the lure of riding through the City at that time of the morning is too good to give up.

If you fancy a reasonably progressive run, then the Surrey DSC are leaving Box Hill about 09.00

Headhunter
27-03-2007, 03:49 PM
If you fancy a reasonably progressive run, then the Surrey DSC are leaving Box Hill about 09.00

Hi Celeste,

Cheers for the offer! The chance to make the most of the City route at that time of the morning is one of the reasons why I am justifying to myself the need to leave the warm sanctuary of my bed at such a ridiculous hour on a Sunday morning.

Glad to see you're going as I think we were both a bit worse for wear at Excel. Who am I trying to kid - blatantly going to be hungover again.

Grumpy
27-03-2007, 09:03 PM
looks to me that we all will have an early start!!, i'm also about an hours ride away from brentwood, whos bringing the hip flask!!

Humbucker
28-03-2007, 03:20 PM
Well the weather is supposed to be crap tomorrow and friday but sunday is supposed to be a warm sunny day, so looking forward to a great ride.

I hope no-one is too quick on sunday as i'm still 150 mile off the magic 600 running in period so am still stuck at keeping her below the 6000 rpm mark.

squiffything
28-03-2007, 03:39 PM
Well the weather is supposed to be crap tomorrow and friday but sunday is supposed to be a warm sunny day, so looking forward to a great ride.

I hope no-one is too quick on sunday as i'm still 150 mile off the magic 600 running in period so am still stuck at keeping her below the 6000 rpm mark.

That'll be fine in 5th gear at around 6000 you should be doing around 100 :)

squiffything
28-03-2007, 03:41 PM
Serious though we won't be cranking it up, NeilP is a bit of an oldie and rarely gets his beast over 55.

johnnystorm
28-03-2007, 10:19 PM
Room for another? I can't say I'll be there for certain but I'll be in burnham on crouch that weekend so it'd be rude not to! ;) Just so long as you don't might a slow newbie tagging along at the back!

squiffything
29-03-2007, 06:40 AM
John I almost PM'd you to see if you wanted to join us. The more the merrier just let us know for a definate so that we know who to wait for on the day My mobile is on here somewhere. It looks as though we will have quite a gathering when we get down to Goodwood so a good chance for names to be put to faces.

benson
29-03-2007, 10:20 AM
Morning (well...late morning...)

Right then - change of plans, I have to work on Saturday so I can't leave here before midnight!!!

That means I'll be heading down Sunday morning too - I'll probably be going around the north circular, across Ealing and Kew and onto the A3 and doown from there - which way are you planning to go Squiffs???

squiffything
29-03-2007, 02:23 PM
erm er well I just about know the way to the M25 from here but as to the best way from there I haven't a clue other than round the circular then down. I was going to see who knew and what were the best options when I got there.

squiffything
29-03-2007, 02:44 PM
OK the easiest route would be this one

http://www.theaa.com/travelwatch/planner_results.jsp?displaymap=true#map

However alot of motorway and pretty boring but it will get us there and fairly quickly. It will be 8.30 in the morning remember. If anyone has a better suggestion for a more interesting run please shout.

johnnystorm
29-03-2007, 03:42 PM
My GF used to live in Worthing so trips down were always A12/M25/A23/M23/A27 The A27 then goes along the coast running by Chichester/Goodwood. Obviously not the most exciting route but if I do come along I'll be bloody slow if you take in back roads and roundabouts! ;)

johnnystorm
29-03-2007, 03:45 PM
Oh, and I have your moby from an earlier post in this thread. What I'll say is don't wait especially for me, I'll text if I'm on my way and held up. If the departure time comes along and I'm not there.....have a good day!

(You can read that as I haven't mentioned to Clare I'll be buggering off at the crack of dawn on Sunday yet!)

squiffything
29-03-2007, 05:56 PM
Oh, and I have your moby from an earlier post in this thread. What I'll say is don't wait especially for me, I'll text if I'm on my way and held up. If the departure time comes along and I'm not there.....have a good day!

(You can read that as I haven't mentioned to Clare I'll be buggering off at the crack of dawn on Sunday yet!)

lol no probs Johnny though i'm sure that Clare is a lovely girl who would support you in everything you do. Crikey I would be suprised if she didn't get up an hour before you to get you a lovely brekkie and to press your leathers before you set off.

Them ladies you just can't live without them......

neilp
29-03-2007, 06:22 PM
Serious though we won't be cranking it up, NeilP is a bit of an oldie and rarely gets his beast over 55.

I'm not too sure what you mean by this, but i would ask you not to discuss my beast on a public forum.

My bike however, is now back on the road:banana: after suffering the embarrassment of being loaded in the back of a van:mad: and taken away in shame as it wouldnt run at all. The filter was so blocked up with gunge and sh1t, the petrol pipe inside the tank burst under the pressure and no fuel was getting through.:shocked:

So i am definately looking forward to sunday and my first proper run out of the year.

squiffything
29-03-2007, 08:10 PM
yeah them fuel pipes bursting under pressure due to a blockage would be a problem and stop yer performance.

Good job you don't use it that often anymore :)

johnnystorm
29-03-2007, 09:42 PM
lol no probs Johnny though i'm sure that Clare is a lovely girl who would support you in everything you do. Crikey I would be suprised if she didn't get up an hour before you to get you a lovely brekkie and to press your leathers before you set off.

Them ladies you just can't live without them......

I have to say she has been a complete darling sticking by me while I wasted countless thousands on daft cars over the years. I'm a late comer to bikes as the previous GF wasn't having any of it. Luckily Clare's Brother took his DAS so there was no reason why i couldn't follow him! ;)

Anyhoo, life story over. Maybee see you guys Sunday AM, if not I hope our paths cross some :thumbsup: other time.