PDA

View Full Version : Goodwood Italian Breakfast- Bristol/Somerset Breakfast run 1st april

sadbiker
12-03-2007, 07:57 AM
:spin: :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin:
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=21088
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=21455

Sunday 1st April. Does anyone fancy a run to Goodwood on Sunday 1st April. For the Italian Breakfast. Should be loads of Monsters and all things italian. I have attached links above from Sussex and Wiltershire.

My suggestion is a very early start maybe meet around Bath area as it would be central for Bristol and somersetters to meet up. Head down to Salisbury towards M27 and then across. Should be about 130 miles to get down about 2 1/2 hours....

Is anyone interested in coming? It would be the first ride out of the year. Don't worry about the pace as it will be at a nice steady trot...

It all of course depends on weather as don't fancy getting soaked through.!!!!!

:spin: :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin:

sadbiker
14-03-2007, 08:38 AM
Any takers???

Caroline has sent out a mail. Thinking of meeting near to Bath maybe near the Globe roundabout ?

The idea is if enough interest to meet at suitable place near to Bath for 07:45 on 1st April with a view to set off at 08:00. Heading down to Salisbury via A36 and carry on over to Goodwood. Haven't worked out a route from Salisbury other than worst case is M27 across to Portsmouth onto A27.

Any suggestions and if anybody interested in going let me know.

Regards

Pel

Zimbo
14-03-2007, 09:23 AM
I'm thinking of going down, perhaps Ciren / Swindon / Marlborough / Andover, meet up at West Meon with the Hants lot. Any thoughts people?

sadbiker
26-03-2007, 07:58 AM
ZImbo, sorry havent replied yet. Was hoping might get someone in Bristol /Somerzett interested but all is quite. What time are you looking to be in Andover ?

Is anyone in cider land intested in meeting up near to Bath etc????

Zimbo
26-03-2007, 08:54 AM
ZImbo, sorry havent replied yet. Was hoping might get someone in Bristol /Somerzett interested but all is quite. What time are you looking to be in Andover ?

I'm currently thinking of getting down to Winchester to meet the Hants lot for 9, unless any of the Wilts lot has a better idea?

Gilps
26-03-2007, 09:15 AM
Graeme, I think Natty, Giler, and Shandy are going. What about you and I meet up at Ciren, then head on down to Swindon and catch up with the in-breds wherever they're meeting. We can all ride down together from there.
Hows about the Swindon guys meet at the pub where we had our pre-Xmas drinks, was it the Blunsdon?

Shandy
26-03-2007, 10:49 AM
Yeah if the weathers ok, we will all be along i think. We could meet at the Blunsdon Arms pub or how about the Esso garage up the top of Chislledon Hill just the other side of the M4 J15 on the the way to Marlborough?????

Stafford
26-03-2007, 11:51 AM
Hey Sadbiker, I was thinking of going but the long range forcast looks sh*t at the moment. I guess I'll opt in or out on Saturday night.
Stafford

Zimbo
26-03-2007, 12:59 PM
Graeme, I think Natty, Giler, and Shandy are going. What about you and I meet up at Ciren, then head on down to Swindon and catch up with the in-breds wherever they're meeting. We can all ride down together from there.
Hows about the Swindon guys meet at the pub where we had our pre-Xmas drinks, was it the Blunsdon?

Sounds good:)

sadbiker
26-03-2007, 05:16 PM
Graham. You guys still looking to go to Andover, looking at route I can see a plan for Somerseters. Meet at Bath, Go via Devises Upavon to Andover.....

Stafford, is there a layby near the Globe or simply use its car park. Or do you have a better suggestion where to meet up. maybe even the old little Chef, And how long would it take to get to Andover for a meet if the in-breds are able to meet up.... And what time do you think of to meet ? According to my calculations thats 50 miles from Bath to the 303 just before Andover.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????
p.s. if its raining I am staying in bed,,,

Zimbo
26-03-2007, 06:53 PM
Hey Sadbiker, I was thinking of going but the long range forcast looks sh*t at the moment. I guess I'll opt in or out on Saturday night.
Stafford

Forcast according to Metcheck looks OK, and I generally find Metcheck to be one of the more accurate forcasting services!

Stafford
26-03-2007, 06:59 PM
Mmmm.........Metcheck now says dry for Sunday, watch this space as Metcheck gave rain this morning.
What time and where in Andover?
An hour should be enough time to Andover, I always go over the plain and pop out onto the A303 at Stonehenge.
How about the Tesco Express/ Esso petrol station on Combe Down?
I guess we're going to be there early so best not wake em' up.
The station is at the junction of Bradford road and Midford Road on a poxy double mini roundabout.
http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&X=374000&Y=162000&width=700&height=400&gride=376282.317976378&gridn=160694.421033367&srec=0&coordsys=gb&db=GB&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced=&local=&localinfosel=&kw=&inmap=&table=&ovtype=&keepicon=true&zm=0&scale=25000&multimap.x=419&multimap.y=199
Last chance to fill up as well.

sadbiker
28-03-2007, 04:14 PM
Looks like a good place ( if I can find it, looks like a turining off wells road).

Will send post to Caroline. I will suggest a leave at 7:30 ?

Stafford
28-03-2007, 06:25 PM
Looks like a good place ( if I can find it, looks like a turining off wells road).

Will send post to Caroline. I will suggest a leave at 7:30 ?

Christ 7.30 what's that?
Fine, off the Wells Road or over the top past the Globe Inn gets you there as well, watch out for the Gatso that way though.
Do you want to meet the rest at Andover or the M3, AXX something petrol station?

sadbiker
30-03-2007, 08:15 PM
Yes I think I remember that roundabout, used to go over it going to bath uny.
Well should also be bringing a mate on his R1100S. Will the Petrol station be open as this will be a good place to fill up. Also have you a route for getting to Andover ? I am leaving it on your capable hands.....

Stafford
31-03-2007, 10:43 AM
Andover, yes I have a cunning plan.
We'll have to be quick to make Winchester in 1 1/2 hours though, what fun :chuckle:
Do you know where this petrol station is at the junction of the A34 and M3?

sadbiker
31-03-2007, 10:48 AM
Not fully but Dave on the BM seems to.... Looks simply head down 34 to Junction 9 for A272... Sure we will get lost on way....

sadbiker
31-03-2007, 10:52 AM
Once at Andover should be quite quick down to the A34/M3 Junction, My mate did say something about one way system so if we are clueless may let the BM take the lead !!!!!!!!!!!!

Stafford
31-03-2007, 11:02 AM
so if we are clueless may let the BM take the lead !!!!!!!!!!!!

You must be joking :biggrin:

sadbiker
03-04-2007, 08:25 AM
I have put a thread on with a link to photos uploaded from Goodwood, Might be worth peeps putting any photos onto this thread with any comments.

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=21836

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=21836