PDA

View Full Version : Goodwood Italian Brekkie Run

Pedro
11-03-2007, 08:45 PM
See this for details...

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=21088

How do we hampsters wanna do this, I know there's a few herberts coming down from Wilts (god help us... :chuckle:).

How about I arrange a meet point for the out of towners and lead us down to Goodwood?

Names please!!

Ped

scrumpster
11-03-2007, 09:50 PM
Me and Benson are coming. She should be staying at mine the night before. Not sure where you are living now but I guess it's still local so could meet you round here somewhere at a guess!!!

Pedro
11-03-2007, 09:54 PM
Still in Whiteley so not far away (unless you have Rach's map...)

Keep an eye on this thread and I'll sort out a meet point

Ped

scrumpster
11-03-2007, 09:58 PM
Okey doke, but I'm crap at threads otherwise I would have gone today instead of stuck in cleaning and being bored out my brain!!!

Stuart42
12-03-2007, 06:26 AM
Hi Ped
I'm up for this, not working that day, sorry about Saturday.
Cheers
Stuart

JohnF
12-03-2007, 04:13 PM
Pedro, got this one in the diary.

I'll try not to get to drunk the night before like last Saturday.

Fingers crossed for good weather.

MJV
12-03-2007, 05:48 PM
Pedro, count me in, never been to goodwood and would like to get a few more run outs this year, let me know where to meet up etc.. :thumbsup:

Shandy
12-03-2007, 06:19 PM
I know there's a few herberts coming down from Wilts (god help us... :chuckle:).

My names not Herbert..................idiot :chuckle: :chuckle:

sjr999r
12-03-2007, 08:08 PM
goodwood is awesome its a deffo 100% top day out:D

Sqwifeve
12-03-2007, 09:08 PM
I might come if I can keep up with you :thumbsup:

singletrack
13-03-2007, 08:24 AM
As long as we are not in Manchester I will be coming (possibly Andy too)- you'll easily keep up with me, Eve

Pedro
16-03-2007, 11:13 PM
Right for all the Hampsters and guests (welcome or not....:chuckle:... yeah, that means you Large 'Ead!), how's this sound?

Meet at the Shell Station just off the M3/A34 interchange at Winchester. Come off the junction and head into Winchester, about 150 yards off the main junction is another roundabout, go straight over this and the Shell Station is on the right hand side of the road.

How does 9.00-9.15 sound? It's about 45 minutes to Goodwood from there, so we can aim to leave around 9.30 latest and rock up around 10.30 and make a decent entrance!

Route:
A272 from Winchester to West Meon (can pick up otheres here if needs be) and on to Petersfield then over to South Harting and down to Chichester. About 35 miles and about 45 minutes or so.

Anyone want a route map, pm me your email addy and I'll shoot a pdf over

Ped

Melnie Mouse
17-03-2007, 10:15 AM
Yeah definately count me in, but i'm not going to Winchester first to come back, so i guess i'll meet you at West Meon then

Pedro
17-03-2007, 01:20 PM
Okey dokey, we can do that!

Ped

BoozyBOB
17-03-2007, 11:52 PM
ooppss.. i will be driving back from Scotland that day...:hissy:

scrumpster
18-03-2007, 07:24 PM
I reckon Benson and I could leg it up to Winnal, otherwise we will be at West Meon. I'll see what she thinks, plus it depends how much drinking we do Saturday evening!! :booze:

Shandy
18-03-2007, 07:41 PM
How does 9.00-9.15 sound?

Bloody early for us lot heading from Swindon, this could mean i can't drink (much) on saturday night :hissy:

Melnie Mouse
19-03-2007, 09:21 AM
I reckon Benson and I could leg it up to Winnal, otherwise we will be at West Meon. I'll see what she thinks, plus it depends how much drinking we do Saturday evening!! :booze:

Great, a nice little collection at West Meon then, i'll be there too...
hope you don't have hangovers though :(

Sqwifeve
22-03-2007, 09:11 PM
Think I'm going to miss this now as I'm not picking the bike up until the 2nd April , which is the day after. I'll have to meet you all another day, I guess.

scrumpster
22-03-2007, 09:13 PM
Great, a nice little collection at West Meon then, i'll be there too...
hope you don't have hangovers though :(

Might not be there at all now :hissy:

scrumpster
22-03-2007, 09:14 PM
Think I'm going to miss this now as I'm not picking the bike up until the 2nd April , which is the day after. I'll have to meet you all another day, I guess.

That's a shame but see you soon hopefully :thumbsup:

benson
22-03-2007, 09:45 PM
West where? I say - sounds terribly foreign & exotic!!!:chuckle:

squiffything
23-03-2007, 06:30 AM

Sort em out Eve tell them you need the bike for Sunday morning. What a good run you will have as one of your first outings and it looks as though there are going to be plenty of us there for you to meet.

singletrack
23-03-2007, 06:46 AM

Where are you picking it up from? Can't you do it on the Saturday? It would be a shame to miss the opportunity to meet everyone and see lots of lovely fancy Italian bikes and cars.

Pedro
23-03-2007, 06:49 AM

Give Wilf and Chris a shove and tell em that if you're bike is not ready I'll stop spending all my money in their shop!

Heading up there saturday, want me to nag them?:chuckle: :chuckle:

singletrack
23-03-2007, 07:19 AM
I guess you can't pick it up on Saturday cos it's still March - no tax :worried:

Get them to deliver it so it's ready to ride on Sunday :D

Melnie Mouse
23-03-2007, 07:56 AM
well if it's in the post can you get away with it???? It's not like you're dodging it, they can see it's been applied for???

Sqwifeve
23-03-2007, 12:25 PM
It's not so much the dealers. The bike would probably be ready, providing the insurers can get the policy to them to tax for middle of next week. But as my current insurance is due for renewal on the 2nd, I'd be having to pay a ridiculous charge for changing a bike mid term. It's really not worth it for less than a week, so I'm being sensible and waiting. It's killing me mind.

squiffything
23-03-2007, 01:19 PM
Eve eve come along young lady don't be fooled by the heathens that call themselves insurance brokers they want your business use the fact that you are up for renewal to your advantage. If you scam (oops) play it right you might even get a few days on the new one for free. We live in the age of email and faxes they should be able to get a schedule to the bike people within an hour of you telling them to place it on risk and should be able to cover you on a covernote for both bikes for a few days. Get it sorted young lady and get down there on sunday.

..... tut the youth of today you have to do everything for them

Sqwifeve
23-03-2007, 08:34 PM
Doesn't feel like I'm in the driving seat, if you know what I mean :thumbsdown: but perhaps tomorrow morning I'll have another little go.

To the other squiffy , thanks but youth isn't my excuse, unfortunately. :) . I must just be soft?

singletrack
23-03-2007, 10:21 PM
Let the insurance run and start a new one (with Ducati Insurance?) from the 30th - it will probably be cheaper anyway so you won't lose out, and it is one in the eye for the company who won't let you transfer it a few days early :chuckle:

Gilps
24-03-2007, 06:53 AM
It looks like I'm not going to Donnington now so I'll be there too. You lucky lucky people.

Zimbo
24-03-2007, 08:28 AM
I suppose we might as well meet on the way Paul? I was planning to shoot down to Winchester to the Shell station meet point.

singletrack
24-03-2007, 09:45 AM
It looks like I'm not going to Donnington now so I'll be there too. You lucky lucky people.

Oh dear, I think I might have forgotten a prior engagement which I can't get out of :rolleyes:

Seriously, it will be good to see you again Paul.

Zimbo
24-03-2007, 10:22 AM
Oh dear, I think I might have forgotten a prior engagement which I can't get out of :rolleyes:

I think that's known as a "subsequent engagement" :)

CK & AK
24-03-2007, 12:22 PM

C rushes off to check diary to see if she can find something else going on instead... ;)

Sqwifeve
24-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Thanks Squiffything, I decided to be brave, and bluff it out. c

I went back to the original insurers, and in my best poker voice, told them the best quote I'd been offered so far, said if they wanted me to stay with them, they'd at least have to match it and not add such a ridiculous admin charge for changing my policy for a week.

And they went for it ! They undercut the offer and only added under a fiver for the last week. So I should have my bike by Tuesday :mand: And I hope to see you all at Goodwood :ukm: , with hubby on his bike too( although he's only got a BMW, poor man:rolleyes: ).

I'm now dancing round the living room with excitement, hot :banana:

squiffything
24-03-2007, 06:29 PM
oooo a beemer on an Italian day hope he's prepared to walk the last half mile coz he'll definately be in the naughty corner. :)

It'll be good to see you both if we get to meet.

Pedro
24-03-2007, 06:48 PM
Thanks Squiffything, I decided to be brave, and bluff it out. c

I went back to the original insurers, and in my best poker voice, told them the best quote I'd been offered so far, said if they wanted me to stay with them, they'd at least have to match it and not add such a ridiculous admin charge for changing my policy for a week.

And they went for it ! They undercut the offer and only added under a fiver for the last week. So I should have my bike by Tuesday :mand: And I hope to see you all at Goodwood :ukm: , with hubby on his bike too( although he's only got a BMW, poor man:rolleyes: ).

I'm now dancing round the living room with excitement, hot :banana:

That's top news!

Do you want to meet us on route? Drop me a PM and I'll let you know a good meet point and time along the way.

Saw you bike again today in the show room, looks lovely!

Ped

Shandy
25-03-2007, 02:06 AM
Saw you bike again today in the show room, looks lovely!

Ill second that it looked great, roll on next weekend!!!!!!

singletrack
25-03-2007, 09:43 AM
I think that's known as a "subsequent engagement" :)

LOL :chuckle:

It's good to hear you can make it Eve. My hubbie might have to come along with his BMW too - only he will be in an even naughtier corner because it's a car :look:

Ped have you moved into Moto Rapido? You seem to spend your whole life there now.

Pedro
25-03-2007, 04:15 PM
No but the do do a decent cup of coffee!

Actually been in sorting a few bits and bobs on the bike for it's mot and to order some luggage for a little jaunt to italy....!

CK & AK
25-03-2007, 06:16 PM
Pete, I dont know if you are interested, but there is a group of DSC'ers leaving Alton Station at 9am next Sun (and the leader, although on an S4RS, is 2 up)

C:)

scrumpster
26-03-2007, 08:09 PM
I'm even more depressed than ever. Was going to borrow Benson's BMW but can't get it insured, alas I will not be joining you on this occasion and I have no kids so well pi**ed orf!!

I'm just off to take my Prozac :cry:

Sqwifeve
26-03-2007, 08:48 PM
I'm even more depressed than ever. Was going to borrow Benson's BMW but can't get it insured, alas I will not be joining you on this occasion and I have no kids so well pi**ed orf!!

I'm just off to take my Prozac :cry:

I thought you said you were coming with Benson? What's happened to her then?

singletrack
26-03-2007, 09:13 PM
Oh Scrumpster - that is so sad :(

These insurance companies are a real pain! They won't let you insure a bike unless you own it and it is kept at your address. So there is no chance of borrowing a bike for a few weeks.

Last month my Dad who was really poorly decided he did not need his car any more so he asked me to sell it for him, but I couldn't insure it or sell it unless it was registered to me so he had to sign it over to me first. :confused:
He actually died a few days later, and luckily I had all the forms completed so I did not have to wait to go through probate etc to sell the car.

scrumpster
26-03-2007, 09:28 PM
So sorry to hear about your dad :worried: Actually I have just seen a good deal on an S2R for 3 years 0% so gonna call them tomorrow and see if they would take munch in part exchange! Worth a try!

Melnie Mouse
27-03-2007, 10:07 AM
so ped
can we have an up to date list from starting point with rough eta, so we all know where to meet you from...

Thanks hun xx

ps. guess what, Heidi's coming too, dusting the dust and moss off her monnie and will meet us too, maybe even sharon too (aka monsta munch) yeahhh should be good.. :)

Shandy
27-03-2007, 10:38 AM
Yeah come on Ped, pull your finger out :chuckle: :chuckle:

Pedro
27-03-2007, 12:08 PM
9.00am Winchester Services - Shell Station just off the A34/M3 Junction. Aim to Leave around 9.15 ish

9.30ish West Meon - by the Pub?

Happy now?

barbican
27-03-2007, 12:52 PM
9.00am Winchester Services - Shell Station just off the A34/M3 Junction. Aim to Leave around 9.15 ish

Happy now?

How many are meeting at West Meon - If its a large number, I'm tempted to ride up there despite living close to Goodwood?

singletrack
27-03-2007, 12:55 PM

Happy now?

Which entrance to the pub? A32 or A272?

Melnie Mouse
27-03-2007, 01:27 PM

Happy now?

that's great thanks ped, :)

well Barbican, Heidi, Sharon and I will be at pub, so there's singletrack and squiffy and benson i think all at alton... so that's a good number worth a ride to goodwood from there i reckon...?

Pedro
27-03-2007, 04:00 PM
Find a good spot in the at the pub, we'll find you!

Stafford
28-03-2007, 06:46 PM

Pedro is that Junction 9 of the M3?
Cheers
Stafford

benson
28-03-2007, 07:51 PM
Fear not - I am here and hopefully Scrumps will be on the back!!!!!

mad_turnips
28-03-2007, 07:52 PM
gonna come along as well might bring housemate with speed 4 if hes about

will meet at mest weon @ 9:30 c u then

Shandy
28-03-2007, 07:55 PM
Pedro is that Junction 9 of the M3?
Cheers
Stafford

Yep thats the one Stafford, J9 M3, head towards winchester and theres a shell station not far down!!!

Looks like a good crowds forming!!!

benson
28-03-2007, 07:58 PM
HOpe that the weather holds for what looks like being a great day!!!

Shandy
28-03-2007, 08:01 PM
HOpe that the weather holds for what looks like being a great day!!!

Yeah me too, and not kidding about a great day looks like loads of us are heading down from all over :thumbsup: Its even worth sacrificing my saturday night out on the beer :on:

sadbiker
28-03-2007, 08:19 PM
Could be a couple of more coming with Stafford......

scrumpster
29-03-2007, 09:29 PM
Sadly I can no longer go, but have a great time and have a sausage for me :chuckle: Hopefully if something is arranged for Boxhill Easter Sunday you will post something here :thumbsup: I can give my new wheels an outing!

Stuart42
30-03-2007, 08:01 AM
Hi all

Don't tell no one but weather is looking ok for Sunday, I know that's probably put kiss of death on it.

Cheers
Michael Fish

Stafford
30-03-2007, 09:02 AM
Hi all

Don't tell no one but weather is looking ok for Sunday, I know that's probably put kiss of death on it.

Cheers
Michael Fish

A plague of frogs on you for suggesting that the weather might be fine.

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/dayforecast.asp?zipcode=Andover&day=2

Melnie Mouse
30-03-2007, 09:46 AM
Hi all

Cheers
Michael Fish

so why did you mention it then?????

You mustn't mention that R word, ending in ain, has no one ever told you that???? :)

squiffything
30-03-2007, 10:16 AM
so why did you mention it then?????

You mustn't mention that R word, ending in ain, has no one ever told you that???? :)

REFRAIN nobody must refrain from going on sunday whatever the weather

See Mel if you use it correctly it's ok :)

Stuart42
30-03-2007, 10:27 AM
Corrr!

What it must be to know words and stuff ;0)

benson
30-03-2007, 05:35 PM
Yeah but knowing they exist doesn't mean anyone understands the meaning!!!

Melnie Mouse
31-03-2007, 08:22 AM
Yeah but knowing they exist doesn't mean anyone understands the meaning!!!

ha ha yeah too true :) So are you still coming Benson if sharon not coming?

benson
31-03-2007, 11:36 AM
Hopefully!!! I'm not able to come down today because I have to cover an on call duty at work but at midnight all things being equal I'll be free which means I can set off at a reasonable time in the morning...Loooking forward to seeing everyone!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

mad_turnips
31-03-2007, 11:55 AM
should still be there but having monnie trouble its making lots of noise but not moving very much then somthing kicks in and she is fine if it gets any worce wont be able to make it

Melnie Mouse
31-03-2007, 02:12 PM
they won't know what hit us all these monstas! :D :D

gwyndaff
31-03-2007, 06:32 PM
Can I come?

Gilps
31-03-2007, 06:45 PM
Can I come?

of course you can. I dont know who's coming from Berks but a load of us are meeting up at Winchester. It's on here somewhere.

gwyndaff
31-03-2007, 06:54 PM
OK - I'll meet up at Winchester at 9. Looking forward to it - never been to goodwood.

benson
31-03-2007, 09:26 PM
Make sure you put your pants back on tho...

gwyndaff
31-03-2007, 10:58 PM
will do....

Gadget
01-04-2007, 06:26 AM
I will be leaving in 5 minutes.
I can take an easy ride and get a good parking space in the naughty corner.

CU all there.

slob
01-04-2007, 06:41 AM
doh, beaten to it, off in ten.

gwyndaff
01-04-2007, 07:16 AM
ok mum I'm awake ferchristsake. :banana:

benson
01-04-2007, 02:37 PM
Great to see so many familiar and some new faces this morning! Had a cracking run there and back and found some lovely roads I would like to visit again - so hope everyone else enjoyed themselves and had a safe ride home...

Headhunter
01-04-2007, 02:52 PM
Good to see everyone again and new faces too. Humbucker, good luck with the 1st service and def treat yourself to some of those lovely open cans I hear so much about.

Was hoping to drop by the Surrey lot for lunch but took a right turn at the A272 instead of a left and ended up following White547 to the motorway. Ah well, hope to catch you all soon at the next meet.

slob
01-04-2007, 03:36 PM
I managed to find the only route from Pullborough to London that was a 30 zone for all but about 5 minutes.

Gilps
01-04-2007, 04:33 PM
I managed to find the only route from Pullborough to London that was a 30 zone for all but about 5 minutes.

I had a fun ride back with Zimbo. I don't think we got much above 30 either. Still, the scenery was nice.

I was good to see everybody. That was my first ride out of the year. Let's hope for plenty more like it.

CK & AK
01-04-2007, 04:38 PM
should have joined us - we found the only 3 figure route back to Staines ;) - lunch by the river watching pre-recorded 1st WSB race & then 2nd race live :cool:

Good to meet lots of old faces (eh GT, Benson, Ped, Natty, Melnie & Crusty! :D ) and also meet new ones - and put names to faces - Squiffy & Sadbiker to name but 2.

See many of you again next Sunday for the Easter meet :cool:

Chaos
01-04-2007, 05:11 PM
okok so i got up early enuff, sun was peeping thru the mist, hada cuppa then then paniced dozy tart!!!!! so boxhill and newalands corner it was, brave on me own i thought, though some ikkle pals came by to meet me there...bless
i need to make some friends in kent now i am back!!!!! hope u all enjoyed yer day, who knows may cya one day!!! oohhh and dan said he thought someone called rob passed us as we went from box to newlands so if it was u <<waves

NattyBoy
01-04-2007, 05:43 PM
Great day out. Forgot to remortgage the house (plus couldnt be arsed qing!!) so went to mcdonalds down the road and when we nipped back you were all just leaving !!!

The ride back rates as one of my best for a long long time !! Sun shining, 888 was rocking round the twisties and the roads were empty.

C U all soon !

Nat

Shandy
01-04-2007, 05:49 PM
Good job you didn't try for the food there, when we got to the front of the q they ran out, Ped was almost in tears!!!!!

Great ride down and back, the old monster did well and ran pretty well too. Stopped for a cheeky pint on the way back, good day out :cool:

Jaze
01-04-2007, 06:02 PM
Great day out on some nice twisty bits. V crowded at Goodwood and the queues too long so gave brekkie a miss. First event as a newbie and what a freindly bunch of monsterers you are. Only had the S4R for eight days and have now completed just over 400 miles. Soon be in Rapidos for first service and will have to get some termis fitted - couldn't hear my bike in the ride out to Goodwood:cry: :cry:

Cheers,

John

scrumpster
01-04-2007, 06:07 PM
Boo hoo, sounds like it was a good day, hopefully I will bump into a few of you next Sunday!!

Pedro
01-04-2007, 06:24 PM
Flipping ace day that was!

Apologies to the group Nik and I lead back towards the west, we kinda know the roads and both felt like a little throttle wringing today!! Bloomin' good fun though!

And Shandy, that bike of yours looks pukka!

Ped

NattyBoy
01-04-2007, 07:11 PM

Apologies to the group Nik and I lead back towards the west, we kinda know the roads and both felt like a little throttle winging today!! Bloomin' good fun though!

Ped

Talking of pukka looking bikes - Niks SS is looking pretty sexy since I last saw it.

Yours still looks like an old nail though...:chuckle: :chuckle:

Only joking...xxxxx

Sqwifeve
01-04-2007, 07:48 PM
I was thinking of you all. Went to our local IAM group as they were doing a breakfast to raise money for a cancer charity. Went ( as a pillion) for a ride and then listened to a speaker. I heard all about the turn out from a Ducati rider who'd gone to Goodwood first. Anyone take any photos?

gary tompkins
01-04-2007, 08:07 PM
Good job you didn't try for the food there, when we got to the front of the q they ran out, Ped was almost in tears!!!!!

I was nearly in tears too when I went to pay for my brekkie in the cafe. Thanks you sir that'll be £12.00...... :eyepopping: Was tempted to ask the pretty lass serving if the price included a quick fumble, but thought it may have earned a slap :look:

Top day out (once the sun came out) and thanks to the "cheesy chips" gang for the lunch stop at the Cricketers. Must do it again soon - but I'll take a raincheck on the brekkie until I increase my bank overdraught. Good blast on the way there too. Can tell I was working hard on the trike as my arms are killing me now.

Slob - Yes the breakfast was very nice thanks... BTW did I mention it cost £12.00

Auntie CK... Bollox :p

Gadget... sorry about my detour towards Crawley on the way home. Bit of a blond moment, and possibly still in shock from paying £12.00 for breakfast?

Rest of the gang... see you at BoxHill on next weekend hopefully :banana:

Zimbo
01-04-2007, 08:32 PM
I had a fun ride back with Zimbo. I don't think we got much above 30 either. Still, the scenery was nice.

You really should pay more attention Gilps and get that speedo fixed, you were doing over 120 in places . . . . .
(on that bit of private road we went on of course)
Scenery was nice though!

banditloon
01-04-2007, 10:00 PM
My little Italian pillion was impressed with your trike Gary :thumbsup: after pulling up behind you in the queue to get in :D Thanks to Slob for stopping at the layby on the A286 to make sure we were ok! :thumbsup: Just cold hands and a bit of carb icing, so a cigarette break was needed! Good to see some more of the gang this morning. Still not sure why I parked in the naughty corner though :chuckle: Took a couple of pictures, before my eye went mad!! Not going into detail, but something nasty went pop :thumbsdown: :worried: Will know more tomorrow..

£12 for breakfast... Glad I decided the queue was too long :chuckle: Damn good morning though walking round the race track looking at the Italian (and not so italian) machinery on display today.

Hopefully catch up with some more of you soon :D

banditloon
01-04-2007, 10:26 PM
Sorry no Monsters :thumbsdown: But some other interesting machinery at Goodwood :chuckle:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/banditloon/Monster%20OC/IMG_0005.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/banditloon/Monster%20OC/IMG_0004.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/banditloon/Monster%20OC/IMG_0002.jpg

squiffything
02-04-2007, 06:40 AM

Great ride down and back, the old monster did well and ran pretty well too. Stopped for a cheeky pint on the way back, good day out :cool:

lol I must have been just in front of you coz I had the last sausage in a roll

The bike looks even better in the flesh hope it stays running sweet for you Andy good to put a face to the name.

Well met the rideout group from Brentwood good to see you guys hope you all got home safely

CK and AK nice to meet you both and now I know who to look out for in the paddock in a fortnight I can't believe you didn't take the money now it's just gonna sit there looking at me saying spend me spend me....

Had a terrible run back the beast started coughing and spluttering on the M25 but oddly only when running at low speeds as soon as i got it up to 70 - 80 she seemed fine, struggled on up the M11 and home after sloshing in some oil but not sure what it might have been she's never done 400 mile in a day before so probably just a bit of wind hmmm will get her serviced soon as she needs it so hopefully nothing they can't sort out.

fatbloke
02-04-2007, 06:49 AM
did anyone take any pics?

NattyBoy
02-04-2007, 07:13 AM
I must be slipping - not one of you opened your wallets...lol !!!

sadbiker
02-04-2007, 07:48 AM
Enjoyed the ride out down to goodwood with Stafford and a mate on his BM, then meeting up with a very large group of Monsters for the final bit of the ride in via the A272 down.

I enjoyed the ride on way back with the wiltshire monster lot, but it got a bit to much for me... first time doing group riding at fast speeds from my 2 offs last year... Started getting mental blocks going round corners. Shame because the 272 looks a cracking road in the better mind set.

My mate who came on his BM said he was thinking about a Ducati but after going to Goodwood thinks they are to COMMON......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love to know how many turned up as it was a bit overflowing....

But great to meet you all including AK + CK and realising who had actually bought a set of clocks of me... Suppose when an e-mail mentioning he was on the "Monster special in those colours" should have rung bells... Everytime I see that bike I think WOW.

Gilps
02-04-2007, 08:08 AM
did anyone take any pics?

i took my camera a didn't take one picture. muppet.

sadbiker
02-04-2007, 08:12 AM
Photos !!!!!!!!

I have uploaded a few into my Gallery labeled Goodwood, Once vetted they should hopefully be visable......

banditloon
02-04-2007, 08:42 AM
i took my camera a didn't take one picture. muppet.

:chuckle: Sounds like me

banditloon
02-04-2007, 08:46 AM
Had a terrible run back the beast started coughing and spluttering on the M25 but oddly only when running at low speeds as soon as i got it up to 70 - 80 she seemed fine, struggled on up the M11 and home after sloshing in some oil but not sure what it might have been she's never done 400 mile in a day before so probably just a bit of wind hmmm will get her serviced soon as she needs it so hopefully nothing they can't sort out.

Mine was the same on the way there and back. Time for a clean out this week I think! Now I have my nice shiny new paddock stands, it'll be a shame not to use them :chuckle:

banditloon
02-04-2007, 08:52 AM
okok so i got up early enuff, sun was peeping thru the mist, hada cuppa then then paniced dozy tart!!!!! so boxhill and newalands corner it was, brave on me own i thought, though some ikkle pals came by to meet me there...bless
i need to make some friends in kent now i am back!!!!! hope u all enjoyed yer day, who knows may cya one day!!! oohhh and dan said he thought someone called rob passed us as we went from box to newlands so if it was u <<waves

Good to see you at Box, Chaos :D oh and Newlands :chuckle: Possibly going to BSB at Brands on Saturday. Shall see what the doc says about my eye first... Bloody eye!! Grrrrrrrrrrr :chuckle:

giler
02-04-2007, 09:02 AM

Apologies to the group Nik and I lead back towards the west, we kinda know the roads and both felt like a little throttle wringing today!! Bloomin' good fun though!

Ped

You two were going rather well! The day couldn't have been better (apart from stupidly overpriced food. Got home and a mate rang me up, he was on a narrowboat down by Devizes. So got the kids changed, got the wifes bike out and all rode down. Lovely pint by the canal. My God, why can't all days be like this!

Manda
02-04-2007, 10:04 AM
I took a few photos on my phone, i can get them onto My Pictures on the puter but gotta get them from there to here somehow?!
Was a great day out as usual, the lamborghinis were luverly and all them ducatis together sounded wicked.
The cheesey chips at the pub were superb!!

Melnie Mouse
02-04-2007, 10:58 AM
I might have some pics, If i can work out how to put them on here, i might have to send them to Pedro and he can download them, couldn't believe how many of us turned up! Breakfast isn't cheap, I don't usually bother and just have cupa tea £1.00

Nice to see everyone though what a great turn out!

singletrack
02-04-2007, 11:14 AM
It sounds like everyone had a good time - I wish I could have made it.

squiffything
02-04-2007, 11:25 AM
I might have some pics, If i can work out how to put them on here, i might have to send them to Pedro and he can download them, couldn't believe how many of us turned up! Breakfast isn't cheap, I don't usually bother and just have cupa tea £1.00

Oi where were ya and who were ya! You didn't come over and say hello did ya :)

Gim
02-04-2007, 11:53 AM

Where were you hiding then Miss Mouse ?:scratch: :mand:

Melnie Mouse
02-04-2007, 11:55 AM
Where were you hiding then Miss Mouse ?:scratch: :mand:

i DIDN'T SEE YOU GIM, and I didn't see you either squiffy, but i didn't know what you looked like to recognise you anyway?

Others saw me but it was so packed, i'm not surprised we didn't see everyone, sazza's group got there first and I saw all of them by the gate as the hampster lot (us) rolled in...

Can't believe I missed you...

Hey you guys be at Box hill mega meet?

Manda
02-04-2007, 12:12 PM
See if this works, if it does i'll post some more pictures.

scrumpster
02-04-2007, 12:13 PM

yep sure does :thumbsup:

Manda
02-04-2007, 12:31 PM

SazzaG
02-04-2007, 12:45 PM

Sure does, but that was the Pagani Zonda, not a lambo!

Mmm, tasty car....

Stuart42
02-04-2007, 05:27 PM
Hi All

just a quick word of thanks for sorting the ride Pedro, great roads, and was nice to meet up with a few of you.

Hopefully I'll be along to some more soon.

Cheers
Stuart

Chaos
02-04-2007, 06:17 PM
:chuckle: :chuckle: Good to see you at Box, Chaos :D oh and Newlands :chuckle: Possibly going to BSB at Brands on Saturday. Shall see what the doc says about my eye first... Bloody eye!! Grrrrrrrrrrr :chuckle:

Was good to see you too my ikkle monster looney pal, ride home was interesting :chuckle: very blustery!!!!! saturday at brands sounds like a plan, shame you cant do race day on monday too but...ho hum!!!! hope to see some other ppl there too :chuckle: blustery mind prob aint helping yer eye get well soon xx

CK & AK
02-04-2007, 06:20 PM
Others saw me but it was so packed.....

I saw you Mel :D

Did you find your battery?? :confused: :(

rich
02-04-2007, 06:57 PM
Hi all
had a good time on this one
thanks to ped for getting this one going

see you all next time
rich

Stafford
02-04-2007, 07:01 PM
I saw you Mel :D:(

I saw your bear behind Mel :chuckle:

Zimbo
02-04-2007, 07:26 PM
I saw your bear behind Mel :chuckle:

Mel had a bear behind her? I followed her in, does that make me a bear??? Worried . . . . .

Paivi
02-04-2007, 09:22 PM
Mel had a bear behind her? I followed her in, does that make me a bear??? Worried . . . . .
Well, you hadn't shaved Zimbo, so easy mistake to make. :chuckle:

Melnie Mouse
03-04-2007, 08:17 AM
I saw you Mel :D

Did you find your battery?? :confused: :(

ha ha thanks, yeah sorry had no choccy for you either! But yeah guess where battery was?

Cover was loose on camera and luckily i had my helmet by it's strap and it fell in there, thankfully, cos they're over £30 aren't they?

Lovely to see you xx

Melnie Mouse
03-04-2007, 08:19 AM

ha ha, no my rucksack with camera and wallet and phone in is a Paddington Bear and he comes out when I have my leathers on cos I have no pockets big enough....

:D :D made me laugh though, bear behind, oops I thought perhaps i'd worn through the seat of me bum?!!!!

sadbiker
03-04-2007, 08:22 AM
I have put a thread on with a link to photos uploaded from Goodwood, Might be worth peeps putting any photos onto this thread with any comments.

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=21836