PDA

View Full Version : Excited new member

Sqwifeve
11-03-2007, 07:22 PM
Hiya :spin: ,

I've been lurking for a while trying to decide on a bike, and seeing what people thought of their Ducati's after seeing the new Monster 695 at the MCN show recently.

I have a broken ER5 and a slightly broken VFR400, both getting on a bit. Anyway to cut a long story short, I went along to my Motorapido in Winchester yesterday and had my first test ride ever. I've never found a bike low enough to try before I've bought them, then lowered them before.

They were really great in the dealers, and no surprises, I loved it. Couldn't resist it and put down my deposit. Hopefully I'll be getting it next Saturday. I can't wait.

I get on another forum ( bikers oracle) and help moderate on one but no-one seems to be alive on the Ducati section! Anyway, you seem a friendly and busy bunch so thought I'd register. I'm sure I'll need help as this is my biggest bike and I know nothing about them. :scratch:

SazzaG
11-03-2007, 07:27 PM
Welcome welcome welcome!

Yes, we're a very friendly bunch (well, most of us anyway). There are quite a few other monsterers round your way, who I'm sure will be along soon to say hello. Check out the Region Announcements threads, as there's often things going on in Hampshire and Sussex.

If you want to get really involved, we have the Monster Weekender in May, and the Monster Only Track Day in July. Check out the dedicated threads for those.

Good luck with your new bike. Hope to see you out soon, maybe at the Goodwood Breakfast Club meet on 1st April?

Saz

benson
11-03-2007, 07:32 PM
Welcome and well done - Scrumpster is in S'oton so another one to watch out for! There's a bunch of us heading to the Goodwood Italian day so hope to catch you there? Happy monstering - it's addictive you know....:thumbsup:

slob
11-03-2007, 07:42 PM
mmmm, VFR 400, I used to chase one home from work when I had my 650 Bros. Awesome bikes, 17000RPM ouch!

Pedro
11-03-2007, 08:21 PM
Errr, actually I think you'll find Scrumster is in Lee benson!!

And I'm half way between southampton and Portsmouth!

Ped

benson
11-03-2007, 08:34 PM
Isn't that sort of close by Ped? Sorry - it's all along the bottom of the country to me!!! :p

Pedro
11-03-2007, 08:37 PM
About 15 miles roughly!!!!

Bloody noverners!!!!

Hehehehehhehe

sadbiker
11-03-2007, 08:38 PM
Just been out today on my missus 620sie what a laugh,.. Just the bike to try and get some confidence back. I had a NC30 a few years ago.. Remember wirrring it all the way to the top and being able to flick it anywhere into a bend and get back out in one piece....

Methinks your going to have a fun summer... Get some open cans it will put a smile on yer face as you bellow round the bends.

benson
11-03-2007, 08:41 PM
he he he - OK, so 15 miles is 15 miles.... and on a monster that's a few minutes of a big grin isn't it :thumbsup:

Guess from the south coast up everyone's a northener!!! :spin:

(Retreating into the A-Z rapidly!!)

Pedro
11-03-2007, 09:02 PM
Yep!!!!

I forgive you Rach.... just this once mind!! :chuckle:

Sqwifeve
11-03-2007, 09:11 PM
That was a quick response!

It'll be fun getting to know you all. I'll have to post a little question thread. :scratch:

I don't think I'll be coming on the weekends. The May one is when we're off to a Wales show, and we'll be on the way to Africa for a month on the 17th June. I might come along to Goodwood on April 1st though :thumbsup: . But I'll probably meet you there rather than backtrack.

Sadly my Adam's (nc30) not feeling so awesome. He's going to the garage tomorrow with a leaking fork seal. My ER5 is in bits after the petrol tank was leaking. I'm hoping with this much newer bike not to be having too many problems (says she with crossed fingers). ;)

scrumpster
11-03-2007, 10:06 PM
Errr, actually I think you'll find Scrumster is in Lee benson!!

And I'm half way between southampton and Portsmouth!

Ped

I wasn't going to say anything, then she'd have fun finding me on 31st tee hee, only joking Rach - the fun will be finding your place in 2 weeks for the dogging, I mean dog racing!!!

benson
12-03-2007, 07:07 AM
Well Scrumps - it's all sarf to me innit luv??:thumbsup:

Thanks Ped - I'll remember that 've used up my chance at forgivness in this lifetime - :spin:

See everyone in a couple of weeks all being well - I'l be the one following a large golden ball of wool!!!