PDA

View Full Version : Sussex/Surrey Meet 11th March

SazzaG
11-03-2007, 02:54 PM
Thanks for everyone who turned out today.

The roll call for the day was:

Me
Rogerg
JMo
Manda
Gim
Didge
Muttley
Gary T
Albie & Caroline
Gully
Headhunter
Oliver (new member on a very rare Monster 69!)
Rich
Melnie Mouse
Pedro

And I know I've forgotten a couple of people!

The weather couldn't have been kinder, and we had a lovely run down to the pub in Wisborough Green (and thanks to Gim for phoning ahead and reserving a table!)

Let's hope this is a first of many this year.

A couple of photos:

Gary T on his new painted trike
http://www.rogandsaz.co.uk/11thmarch/DSC05118.jpg

Didge on his "Didge pump"
http://www.rogandsaz.co.uk/11thmarch/DSC05119.jpg

Monsters in the sun
http://www.rogandsaz.co.uk/11thmarch/DSC05120.jpg

Lunch at the pup - clockwise from bottom left Headhunter, Manda, Muttley, Rich (at the back), Pedro hiding behind Mel, Mel & Paddington, Rog hiding in his balaclava, Oliver, Didge & Jen standing.
http://www.rogandsaz.co.uk/11thmarch/DSC05121.jpg

gary tompkins
11-03-2007, 03:16 PM
Nice to see everyone today - been ages since I've seen Boxhill that busy.

Had a nice blast home that turned into a bit of a race on the M25. Was doing ok untill my left foot dropped off the peg while flat out :on: The only Kentie missing from list was Paul Critcher, who had to "make do" with his 916 today as the monster is in Pro twins being fettled.

Fingers crossed for more weather like today :thumbsup:

banditloon
11-03-2007, 03:41 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/banditloon/DSC00073.jpg

I faffing missed ya!!! :thumbsdown: Parked up with the tricolor Monster and GSX14 and then got 'kidnapped' by my mate from another forum. Well she is recovering from a big off and is riding a Thunderarse now instead of her beloved Gixer.

Nice to see lots of Monsters down at Rykas though. Next time I'll stay velcro'd to my bike so I won't miss you :D

Time to goto the garage and fix the sleeve on my right hand side can :scratch:

scrumpster
11-03-2007, 03:45 PM
Bum!!! And there was me at home bored shi*less!!! I must keep up to speed with this forum!! :grump:

SazzaG
11-03-2007, 03:47 PM
Doh! I thought I saw your monster as we were leaving.

Next time, eh! Bet you heard us going though....

Headhunter
11-03-2007, 03:51 PM
Great to meet everyone again today and what beautiful weather!

Oliver, always a pleasure to meet a new member and hope to hear your good news soon.

Roger, JMO - the tail chops never going to happen - don't do it, Oliver!!! :D

Hope to meet you all soon at the next meet.

banditloon
11-03-2007, 03:52 PM
The boys and girls of the Gixer Junkie forum commented on how quiet the Monsters were leaving :eyepopping: Perhaps they are just used to my OTT rattling bag of spanners :D :spin:

And Garys trike got the :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

banditloon
11-03-2007, 05:49 PM
Fingers crossed for more weather like today :thumbsup:

I hope so to! Damn nice today! After missing you lot leave (probably in the toilet or in the queue for a drink!), I disappeared down to Bury Hill then ended up sitting at the Devils Dyke for 10 minutes. Bloody lovely it was too :D Headed back to Box Hill, only to be swallowed up in a gang of Hardley Dangerous riders coming up the A281. That was quite interesting, 20 or so Harleys and a Ducati Monster in the middle. Damn glad I was the noisey one :chuckle: Finally got past all the Harleys and headed towards Rykas.

Crept up on a Monster at the Dorking Station traffic lights, only for Nessie to decide it was time to play "shoot flames out of the exhaust and pop loudly" time. A concerned Monster owner pointed this out to me at Rykas :thumbsup: and I showed him the problem :chuckle: I've just spent the last hour rivetting the Viper can sleeve back together. Damn Aprilia had bust some of the rivets and they worked loose on the way down to Bury Hill. No wonder the Harley riders weren't happy to see me :chuckle:

Fixed now, for a while at least. Time to shop for some new cans ;)

GULLY
11-03-2007, 07:19 PM
Hi Guys
Thanks for a great morning at box hill. Was good to see everyone today and have a good laugh.

Like GT said, there was just a little bit of a race home :thumbsup:
Cheers
Gully

Albie
11-03-2007, 07:19 PM
Good to meet up with you peeps today. I firstly must apologise to Didge for the state of my unshaved face. It offended him somewhat.LOL. I promise to shave every day from now on NOT:on:

Had agood blatt home up the m25 hill. Nice to open her up a bit with Critcher on his 916.

I had an appearance of my work colleague who turned up early but left just as the main party turned in. He was on a 06 red/white striped s4r.He told me he was going to look us up online.

Great weather anyhow and great turn out. Apologies for not playing all day :thumbsdown: but as we spent all day yesterday getting car motd Caroline had to do school work this afternoon while I cleaned my s4 for the second time today. Much more detailed clean that has shown me some areas of attention for a winter overhaul. Bubbling paint on casings and heads.Fork bottoms are white powder areas too. My aim will be too have red frame and engine stripped and painted black. Fork legs painted and swingarm undecided polished or painted black or maybe red:scratch:

Anyhow glad all had a great day out. Hows your leg Gary :on: :D

SazzaG
11-03-2007, 07:23 PM
Hows your leg Gary :on: :D

Could be somewhere on the M25 with my waterproof trouser, and your sleeping mat! :on:

Pedro
11-03-2007, 08:27 PM
Good to see everyone today..... well apart from Didge!!

Nice to see the sunshine and a good choice of pub for lunch! Not sure about Rog's haircut... very Jarhead!! And the ride on the Didge Pump has shaken all my fillings loose I think!!

Excellent blast on the way home all the way down the A272 - sorry Rich, I kinda got lost in what I was doing and ended up being on a bit of a mission!!

Ped

Rogerg
11-03-2007, 08:34 PM
Not sure about Rog's haircut...

Pot......kettle...

Pedro
11-03-2007, 08:38 PM
Yeah yeah.... good job you didn't pinch Didges jacket... you'd have looked like a conscript!!

:chuckle:

SazzaG
11-03-2007, 08:42 PM
But Didge's jacket was invisible! All I could see today was his head and legs...

Albie
11-03-2007, 08:44 PM
Could be somewhere on the M25 with my waterproof trouser, and your sleeping mat! :on:

PMSL:mand: :mand: :mand:

Manda
12-03-2007, 08:22 AM
Really enjoyed yesterday, sunny weather, loadsa monsters and cheesy chips, what more does a girl need!
Now im sat at a bloody desk driving a bloody mouse on this luverly sunny day :(

Mostro69
12-03-2007, 12:51 PM
Hi all

Big thanks for such a warm welcome on a) my first decent ride on a decent machine b) the Monster "69"'s maiden voyage. Having only passed my test a week ago, this was a great start. (FYI, nearly shat myself went the needle passed 80mph but Headhunter assures me this is slow. Crikey. Better hold on.)

Got a couple of good pics at home, one with JMO looking very stern over a table full of helmets, and one with Manda, Sazza and Headhunter gazing at Sazza's beauty - will post to the forum tonight.

See you at the next meet, but will lurk around here in the meantime ;-)

Cheers
O

psychlist
12-03-2007, 12:54 PM
That was a great turnout, glad we caught you at Bury Hill before we left for Popham. Turned out to be a great day weather wise, let's hope that wasn't summer ;)

Headhunter
12-03-2007, 07:57 PM
FYI, nearly shat myself went the needle passed 80mph but Headhunter assures me this is slow. Crikey. Better hold on.)

Hi Mostro69,

It was good to meet you on Sunday. I've always been told to ride at what speed you feel comfortable with and Slob made some very helpful and supportive! comments when I had my 1st ride out and felt exactly the same way.

As I said once you become used to your bike and what it can (and can't do) you will start to enjoy it a lot more.

Hope to see you at the next meet.

SazzaG
12-03-2007, 08:02 PM
FYI, nearly shat myself went the needle passed 80mph but Headhunter assures me this is slow. Crikey. Better hold on.

Oops! My fault. I did think at one point "I wonder how long Oliver has been riding". Sorry if I was a bit rapid - I got a bit carried away 'cos the weather was so nice!

A tip for you on rideouts - it's slower at the front usually, as you're not having to play catch-up. Also, just go at your own speed. You shouldn't get left behind, as each rider should always wait for the one behind them. That's the theory anyway!

Don't worry - you'll soon been hooning along with the rest of us! We were all new riders once - my first ever ride out was BoozyBob's tour of Hampshire - 150 miles when I'd only had my licence for 2 weeks!

Where are the photos of my beauty then?

Gadget Saz

Mostro69
12-03-2007, 10:31 PM
As promised...

http://www.oliversadie.com/UKMOC/SazzaMandaHeadhunter.jpg

and...

http://www.oliversadie.com/UKMOC/JMOandCo

Melnie Mouse
16-03-2007, 02:44 PM
Great pics, and great to have cheesy chips in the pub, nice to see you all again and new faces!

Sorry had to rush off from pub to see my sick friend, she's recovering now, and can't wait to be well again to ride her new bike. (just for the record she didn't smash her leg on a bike) but 2 weeks before she broke and dislocated her leg she got hit from behind on her way home from work, so she's had that to cope with too even though she wasn't hurt, she's been waiting on insurance money to buy her the new bike, so it seems like her leg in plaster is cos of her bike accident, when it was her walk to the car in the ice that did it! how bizarre poor girl!