PDA

View Full Version : S4R Blue/white strip 04/04 plate

xjrjohn
09-03-2007, 09:59 AM
Hi
Selling my S4R due to lack of use
Reg. May 04, UK bike, one prev. owner
4677 miles, belts changed and serviced by Ducati John at 3378 miles.
Tax Oct 07
Extras -:
T3 Quill Carbon oval road legal cans
Power Commander III USB
Carbon bellypan
R & G crash protectors
Carbon clutch cover
Carbon sprocker cover.
Clear indicators/brake light lenses all round
All original equipment included in sale.
Bad bits
Needs new rear tyre
Paint on radiator flaking on one side (common problem apparently)
£4300 ono.. not selling parts seperate so please dont ask.
pm if interested please. pics on request. Lancs area.
Thanks
John

Jonnyconcrete
09-03-2007, 10:24 AM
Hi, sorry to be a pain, could I ask what you thought of the Quill/PC3 set up and what map you were running.

Stuart

xjrjohn
09-03-2007, 10:45 AM
Hi, sorry to be a pain, could I ask what you thought of the Quill/PC3 set up and what map you were running.

Stuart

Hi
Couldnt find a specific map to the T3's so I was just using one off the PC site that had not standard cans but original/unmodded airbox.Never got round to trying any other maps 'cos I found the one I was using perfect for my needs.No lumpiness etc... I think there were 2 maps that prob. would have been suitable for this set up.I sent an email to PC and they advised back.Hope this helps.
John
Just had a look and the maps are M710-507,M710-513...without hooking up to my PC III I think I'm running M710-507
My thoughts on the cans are...great sound..look well but maybe too long if youre thinking of doing a tail-chop.I think JB Racing will do a specific map for it but they,d prob. want to dyno-run it etc to set it up properly.

Jonnyconcrete
10-03-2007, 10:55 AM
Thanks John, that was very imformative, did you feel like the bike was any more responsive with this set up. Dyno graphs are all well and good but if the bike doesn't feel any different ....

I know you have decided not to sell the bits, but if you change your mind pm me.

xjrjohn
10-03-2007, 12:04 PM
Thanks John, that was very imformative, did you feel like the bike was any more responsive with this set up. Dyno graphs are all well and good but if the bike doesn't feel any different ....

I know you have decided not to sell the bits, but if you change your mind pm me.

Hi
I dont think 'normal' riders like us (well me anyway) will notice any ground-breaking difference but I got the cans more for the looks and the sound. You'll always get an element of 'lumpiness' to a certain extent but thats just the way twins are. It does 'seem' to feel smoother at lower speeds but again this could be psychological.How often have we got in/on our cars/bikes and thought "its running well today", yet nothing has been changed! Hope this helps
John

xjrjohn
12-03-2007, 09:28 PM
Now also advertised in Bike Trader
John