PDA

View Full Version : Rant Time Again.............

Didge
08-03-2007, 10:05 PM
Having looked at the TV guide earlier this evening, I saw the 'Great Global Warming Swindle' was on channel 4 at 9pm, and on channel 5, starting at 10pm the film 'The Punisher' was going to be on.
Great thought I. I'll miss the first half hour, but no matter, I've seen it before, so I'll soon get into it.
I turn over after 'Swindle' has finished, and.........NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
F***in' football! Fer f**ks sake, why does every other type of programme have to be dropped because of bloody football?
This happens time & time again, and is one of the reasons I never bothered with bloody TV for many, many years.
I only bought a TV license, because Jan stays around here a lot more nowadays, and seeing as I paid for the bloody thing, I've tried to get to watch it sometimes.
But, as well as most of the stuff on TV still being sh*e, they still have the habit of totally rescheduling advertised films/programmes in favour of bloody football.
All right, 'The Punisher' might not rate as one of the best films made, but that's not the point.
It infuriates me.:grump:

sidrat
08-03-2007, 10:17 PM
me too man, but wouldnt it be great if they played some real life bike racing instead off all the other supposedly real life cr*p

Bodybag
08-03-2007, 10:36 PM
Mate, thats the reason I don't have a telly. The only thing I want to watch is the bike racing and I go to my local Kwaker Dealer on a sunday morning for that and a cup of tea as they have it on a big screen TV. Can't get better than that!!

I also had an argument with the TV licensing people when they threatened me with all sorts if I didn't let an inspector into my house to check that I really didn't have a TV. I told them to, and I quote, "...park one of your expensive f**king detector vans, that you're always so proud of, outside my house and detect that I don't have a f**king TV cos you're not setting foot inside"!! They didn't like that but I've not heard anything since. :D

Didge
08-03-2007, 10:43 PM
Mate, thats the reason I don't have a telly. The only thing I want to watch is the bike racing and I go to my local Kwaker Dealer on a sunday morning for that and a cup of tea as they have it on a big screen TV. Can't get better than that!!

I also had an argument with the TV licensing people when they threatened me with all sorts if I didn't let an inspector into my house to check that I really didn't have a TV. I told them to, and I quote, "...park one of your expensive f**king detector vans, that you're always so proud of, outside my house and detect that I don't have a f**king TV cos you're not setting foot inside"!! They didn't like that but I've not heard anything since. :D

Good man! That was my attitude for years. I had them around 3 times over the years, and they always got a mouthful from me. Bastards!

Ade
09-03-2007, 04:10 AM
Guday Didge ya grumpy old fecker, Still winging then, Strewth I could hear you all the way from down here. I reckon the Aussies threw you out cos you winge like a pom
Im off to Roleystone tonight to get incredibly drunk, and there might be a heaps on BBQ if I know my hosts, Ill say guday if I bump into your rellies.

Hi Jan, do you find yourself turning the telly up really loud to drown him oot

Didge
09-03-2007, 08:42 AM
Guday Didge ya grumpy old fecker, Still winging then, Strewth I could hear you all the way from down here. I reckon the Aussies threw you out cos you winge like a pom
Im off to Roleystone tonight to get incredibly drunk, and there might be a heaps on BBQ if I know my hosts, Ill say guday if I bump into your rellies.

Hi Jan, do you find yourself turning the telly up really loud to drown him oot

Ade, just because you now live in Oz, does not make you an Ozzie. To me, and everyone else on UKMOC, you still are, and always will be a skirt wearing, haggis munching Jock caber tosser. Owner of the only motorcycle that was so covered in filth, it had to be fitted with a bell and loudspeaker so it could shout "UNCLEAN.....UNCLEAN......" as a warning to other road users.
In fact, the mobile detritus that had a Ducati Monster beneath it somewhere, made my grundies look sparkling clean, even after a major 'eruption'.

My mum and aunt live in Roleystone, so behave yourself.:)

jerry
09-03-2007, 01:26 PM
Punisher is a great film , punisher 2 out soon.

Didge
09-03-2007, 01:39 PM
Punisher is a great film , punisher 2 out soon.

Going by yer avatar, I'd never have guessed you liked the film.;)
I rather enjoyed it, & look forward to the next one.
The earlier (80s?) version with Dolph Lungren wasn't quite as good, but was enjoyable enough. Much better than bloody football anyway!:grump:

BoozyBOB
09-03-2007, 02:51 PM
Oi Mr fart pants...leave the haggis munchers alone... (and what he does with his caber is ...well..)
otherwise i agree with your first winge,,ekin fitba' :twak: