PDA

View Full Version : Im back.....again!

Plum
08-03-2007, 07:48 PM
And this time its for good!!

I have been so busy with things lately that i havent had time to scratch my bum!

So, whats been taking my time up......well i am getting ready for a 2500km trek over South Africa in November. I am doing Enduro Africa for Riders for Health. I am sure you dont need me to tell you about RFH and the wonderful work they do. If you want more info on my trip, you can get it here.http://www.enduroafrica.com/intro.htm

There is so much to tell you, but the site is the best place to look. I wont try and type it!

So how have i been raising money. Well my wife ran a leg in a relay team for the Jersey Marathon, and i shaved my head!! So i am now a baldy!!

I have a few things to do before i go, and am hoping raise more than the minimum.

I know a few of you (JMo, Julie/Ruth) have trails bikes and do a spot of offroading at the weekend, so can you advise me of things i should be doing to get ready. I am generally fit and still working on it, but i am gonna be up on the pegs for most of the trip, so i know i should be training legs. What do you guys recommend? Any advice most welcome...i am a complete novice.

So thats another reason i couldnt make this years Weekender, plus i am at the IOM TT in June so i just cant do it all. Still i am planning on doing it next year for certain, as i will be getting itchy for a good ride.

Well thats my news! So you glad to see me back?
Stay Groovy!!

scrumpster
08-03-2007, 07:51 PM
Welcome back mate!!!! Good to see you :D

Pedro
08-03-2007, 09:17 PM
Blimey!

Admit it, you've been in chokey really haven't you? :chuckle::chuckle:

Nice to see you back though.............. whatever you did..... hehehehe

gary tompkins
08-03-2007, 10:34 PM
Hi Plum,

I take it the shoulder injury has healed ok then?

Good luck with the fundraising expedition

Julie
09-03-2007, 05:57 AM
Hi Plum

Yes we do a spot of off roading at the weekends.
Check out BIKE magazine this month to see what sort of things we do! TBM last month also.

Jmo and I took the bikes down to the Sahara in Morocco in october and it was truely amazing.

Have you access to green lanes and a trail bike? if so just get out and get fit that way. Thats what we did.

You'll love it!

Julie

Plum
10-03-2007, 05:41 PM
Hi Plum

Yes we do a spot of off roading at the weekends.
Check out BIKE magazine this month to see what sort of things we do! TBM last month also.

Jmo and I took the bikes down to the Sahara in Morocco in october and it was truely amazing.

Have you access to green lanes and a trail bike? if so just get out and get fit that way. Thats what we did.

You'll love it!

Julie

Hi Julie

I am in the process of buying a KMX200 from a mate. It wont be anything like i am riding in SA, but it's better than a kick in the knackers. Another mate of ours has access to an 'offroad' site, and has said he will take me there once i have the KMX. Can you recommend any half decent kit. I have been in to a shop today to check out jackets, trousers, etc. Anything essential i should have. And also anything to avoid to would be good

Hard work this offroad lark!