PDA

View Full Version : Are you Red with a check ?

J.P
08-03-2007, 02:52 PM
Seen you a couple of times at Bank station in London lately, but not been in the right place to give you a thumbs up. Last night was about 5.45, at the same time as all the 7 police cars screeched to a halt outside Bank tube station.
Bike looks pretty new and shiny red with the sides of the tank in a checkered pattern.
Looking & sounding good.

Headhunter
08-03-2007, 11:46 PM
There's a guy who works at the UBS buildings with a chequered red SR2. Might be him. Am sure he goes past Bank on his way back home.

J.P
09-03-2007, 05:59 AM
Right next to where I work. Do you think he carries it round with him during the day so no one hurts it ?

Headhunter
09-03-2007, 08:30 AM
I would. Sport Billy style.

So where abouts are you based? It's just that I haven't seen your monnie to date.

Am based on Sun St and there's one other round here too - A fantastic tailor by the name of Gully.

J.P
09-03-2007, 09:28 AM
Yes very close, I'm based in Broadgate Circle, but I don't drive to work. Only been riding for 6 months & don't want to use the bike for commuting, scares me and it would take me too long to get kitted up and unlock the bike & worry about it outside all day. At least on the train I can read my blackberry. I'm a weekend biker me.
I think I've seen you & your bike actually. You park it in Sun Street ? got loud pipes ?
I didn't know Gully was close by either.

GULLY
09-03-2007, 04:32 PM
Yes very close, I'm based in Broadgate Circle, but I don't drive to work. Only been riding for 6 months & don't want to use the bike for commuting, scares me and it would take me too long to get kitted up and unlock the bike & worry about it outside all day. At least on the train I can read my blackberry. I'm a weekend biker me.
I think I've seen you & your bike actually. You park it in Sun Street ? got loud pipes ?
I didn't know Gully was close by either.

Hi J.P
yes matey i am in Bishopgate Hackett.
so let all meet up and get :booze: one nigth very soon:thumbsup:

gully

slob
09-03-2007, 05:41 PM
I love commuting... I'm just terrified of parking my baby up in the same spot in central London too often... I work in Holborn, so I'm game.

Headhunter
09-03-2007, 07:11 PM

Yep. That's me. Loud pipes are a must. Hope you get yours sorted soon.

so let all meet up and get :booze: one nigth very soon:thumbsup: gully

Sounds like a great plan mate. Thurs/Fridays are better for me.

I work in Holborn, so I'm game.

Excellent. Couple of beers and good company. Think Darry and a few others are nearby too?

Gadget
09-03-2007, 07:16 PM
I wouldn't commute into London if I had to use public transport. I have a nice secure spot at work. Best part of my work day, is going there. I go over London Bridge most nights or if not I go along the Highway and through the Blackwall tunnel. I occasionally see another monster along the Highway but he/she rides too slow. So never catches me at the next set of lights. Anti social? or doesn't want to play?

J.P
12-03-2007, 08:04 AM
Yes boys I'm game for a meet up. How about Thursday 22nd March ?

Headhunter
12-03-2007, 08:20 AM
Sounds good to me.

Paivi
12-03-2007, 09:29 PM
...I occasionally see another monster along the Highway
Up to here I thought it might be me. But then you went on to say:

but he/she rides too slow. So never catches me at the next set of lights...
Nah, it's not me. It'd be you who'd have some catching to do. And I'm a good catch... http://img115.exs.cx/img115/9916/z4dwink.gif

GULLY
12-03-2007, 09:51 PM
Yes boys I'm game for a meet up. How about Thursday 22nd March ?

That is good for me :thumbsup:

gullly

J.P
13-03-2007, 09:34 AM
Coooolio. Stick it in you're diary's and at least that makes 3 of us to meet up.

slob
13-03-2007, 11:29 AM
I saw red with a check heading West on King William Street this morning

J.P
13-03-2007, 11:34 AM
So who is this masked man ...???