PDA

View Full Version : Build me up - then knock me down, Bloody Duc Clocks

markus
05-03-2007, 01:15 PM
So i picked up my s2r from Dave Woods on saturday after its service and and re fuelling after i fitted the open pipes, cat eliminator, open air box and PC3 - was astonished, it's like a whole new bike, soooo smooth and so much faster, and the noise - ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the noise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But then on the way home my rev counter busts, the needle drops and now sits at 15,000 revs and sweeps forward from there - aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (can i add this had nothing to do with Dave woods Racing, who are quite franky AWESOME!!!!! both for their service, attitude and price - DWR, i salute you)

Anyway has anybody else had this happen to them?

I've rung Ducati ayelsbury (not happy about it) and explained and hopefully it'll be sorted under warranty on the 19th - lets just hope.

sadbiker
05-03-2007, 03:23 PM
Having my clocks changed to suddenly on saturday sticking at 160mph.... On resets keeps sticking all over the place. Went to local dealers to arrange a replacement under warranty... As for the "hope" bit no such thing, thats what warranty is for.....

Only issue you could have is due to PC3 being fitted. There is a off chance Ducati could claim this caused problem if they want to be difficult.. But then they will only ask questions if Aylesbury tell them.

slob
05-03-2007, 04:07 PM
Plus of course it preserves the value of your bike nicely as your warranty replacement clocks show 00000 miles (even if it seems most owners only do about 2K/year)

sadbiker
05-03-2007, 04:13 PM
Yer but I already wiped 4000 miles off my clocks last year.. I already had one set of replacement clocks with a whole bike......

Now I am going to wipe off 1500 miles....

markus
06-03-2007, 08:55 AM
Plus of course it preserves the value of your bike nicely as your warranty replacement clocks show 00000 miles (even if it seems most owners only do about 2K/year)

Really - i figuered they'd set them back to the miliage i had on them???
Anyway took it to the dealership yesterday and they agreed it's a warrenty issue so all should be sorted this month - yey o miles here i come (I'd just hit 6000 too ha ha)

slob
06-03-2007, 09:54 AM
Really - i figuered they'd set them back to the miliage i had on them???
Anyway took it to the dealership yesterday and they agreed it's a warrenty issue so all should be sorted this month - yey o miles here i come (I'd just hit 6000 too ha ha)

Nope, if you could reset the mileage the whole system would be open to easy fraud. They're more-or-less tamperproof.

bod
06-03-2007, 06:32 PM
Surely not declaring the true milage when selling would amount to fraud also?

fatbloke
06-03-2007, 06:58 PM
So i picked up my s2r from Dave Woods on saturday after its service and and re fuelling after i fitted the open pipes, cat eliminator, open air box and PC3 - was astonished, it's like a whole new bike, soooo smooth and so much faster, and the noise - ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the noise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But then on the way home my rev counter busts, the needle drops and now sits at 15,000 revs and sweeps forward from there - aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (can i add this had nothing to do with Dave woods Racing, who are quite franky AWESOME!!!!! both for their service, attitude and price - DWR, i salute you)

Anyway has anybody else had this happen to them?

I've rung Ducati ayelsbury (not happy about it) and explained and hopefully it'll be sorted under warranty on the 19th - lets just hope.
Just for your info Markus the mech that worked on your bike (Mark) said it was the
best Ducati he had ever ridden, (no I'm not joking)

CK & AK
06-03-2007, 07:17 PM

yep.

When the clocks are changed under warranty, the dealer has to stamp your service book (or they are supposed to)

C:)

rattler
06-03-2007, 07:37 PM
So where ca I buy a set of knackered clocks??? Is there a Eurpoean Ducat mountain of damaged clocks out there???/ ;)

markus
07-03-2007, 02:32 PM
Just for your info Markus the mech that worked on your bike (Mark) said it was the
best Ducati he had ever ridden, (no I'm not joking)

Look at me look at me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Fatbloke - They were all awesome there, seriously won't be going anywhere else ever!

Yep I reckon it would, but all the service records and stamps etc should see to that, Actually a little upset - was enjoying clocking up the miles, oh well the europe trip this summer should see to the new ones!