PDA

View Full Version : 160Mph on my Monster today

sadbiker
03-03-2007, 05:15 PM
I was just entering a village this morning and just looked down at my clocks and had to do a double take...160 MPH.... ?????

Pulled up and it still showed that speed. Switched bike off and on and the sweeping motion was all over the place... Hmmm bugger what speed am I doing,.

Popped down to Riders in Bridgwater as going that way anyway... Yep New Clocks sir under warranty. Should be about a week (hopefully) to get them..

Well did the rest of my ride and got home ok .. But wonder what the answer would have been if I was pulled over."So what speed do you think you were doing sir"... "Well constable my clocks were saying 160........."

Shandy
03-03-2007, 09:00 PM
Wow thats one quick monster you have there, id be tempted to keep the broken clocks for the ego :eek:

rattler
03-03-2007, 09:42 PM
If you get to keep the broken clocks - I might be interested in buying those from you!!! Or if Riders get to keep them, can you find out what they'd want for them???

Thanks
Tim

Kiwi
04-03-2007, 06:07 AM
don't post a picture of the clocks on you tube

sadbiker
04-03-2007, 02:03 PM
Sorry gents if they don't have to go back then I will be trying to keep them myself as I want the the top to replace the cracked glass on Cors 620.. I suspect you have the same idea as well..

As for ""you tube... It could be worth doing it with a photo of a certain address down in Burnham on Sea.......

rattler
04-03-2007, 07:20 PM
Sorry gents if they don't have to go back then I will be trying to keep them myself as I want the the top to replace the cracked glass on Cors 620.. I suspect you have the same idea as well..

As for ""you tube... It could be worth doing it with a photo of a certain address down in Burnham on Sea.......

Nope - I would want to gut them and just use part of the internals to get around the bloody immobiliser for the race bike ;)

Happy to buy them from you without the glass though ;)

sadbiker
04-03-2007, 07:58 PM
We will see what happens.....

rattler
04-03-2007, 09:55 PM
We will see what happens.....

Nice one - thanks

moor-ph0
05-03-2007, 10:49 AM
Hi,
I'm not 100% sure but are the clock bezels not made from thin polycarbonate ? They scratch rather easily for glass.

Geoff

banditloon
06-03-2007, 12:04 PM
160mph Blimey!!

Good job the bike is under warranty :D

I remember a few years back. The council fitted one of those speed indicator signs up on one of my favourite roads. I went through it, the speed flashed up on the display as... 188mph. Not bad seeing as I was driving an Astra van, and stuck behind a cyclist.... Damn technology!