PDA

View Full Version : S2R Termis or similar

villageidiot
02-03-2007, 01:48 PM
Hi, I'm looking for some Termis or something similar for my 2006 S2R 1000, also cat eliminator pipe.

damon
13-03-2007, 07:56 AM
Hi, Me too but mines a s2r 800.

Ive been offered a 'De-Cat Pipe' and an Akrapovic Carbon Fibre Road Legal Exhaust with Removable Baffle but havnt a clue how good either of these are and how much works involved.

For instance what will the 'de-cat' pipe give me on its own? power increase? better sound? or do i need to fork out on the exhaust straight away (bit pricey for me right now)

If the answer is 'YES' grab that 'de-cat pipe' what else might i have to get looked at, any fiddling with other settings on the bike to make it run correctly?

sorry for the questions but we all have to learn somewhere :)

Gilps
13-03-2007, 08:40 AM
The de-cat pipe on its own will slightly improve the performance as the cat does restrict airflow a little. It will hugely improve the look of the bike though.
This is just my opinion but I wouldn't fit Akrapovic cans on a Duke. They certainly improve the performance on a Jap bike, the quality is reputedly very good too. It's the look and the sound that I can't get on with. It needs to be Termis or similar.
I fitted Termis and the de-cat. Just watch out with Termis though if you are planning on doing the tail-chop as they stick out too far. Mine are going to be surgically shortened soon. God knows how loud they are going to be then though.
There are two sorts of de-cat pipe so make sure you get the right one. The standard cat has the effect of balancing out the airflow/pressure from the headers. In effect it is a 2 into 1 into 2 setup. If you plan on keeping separate cans - either the originals or new ones - then you should get the de-cat that is joined where the cat used to sit, before splitting back out into two separate pipes. This will maintain that balancing effect. The other type is two separate pipes all the way to the cans and this type is meant for a single end can, coz all the airflow evens out at the can.

S4Rs MacK
13-03-2007, 03:03 PM
Hi Lads,
I fitted a Quat D Ex Box to my S4RS. Primarily because I wanted to free up the back wheel, and see it all, (single sidey etc). It looks fantastic and the sound is awesome. It sits where the cat lump is and that is it. You can buy it with or without the cat, but the weight saving is unreal even with the cat fitted ( i bought it fitted)
And it was a lot cheaper than Termis etc.
The pic size is to big to add to the site to let you see, but if you wanna see it, email me at dean.mackenzie1@btinternet.com or get in touch with Stuart at Spareshack.

Regards

Dean

desmo
13-03-2007, 04:06 PM
I have got a S2r800 & I did this over the winter.
I checked everywhere for a suitable set up & found my choices were a bit limited compaired to a Jap bike.

Before I changed anything, I ran the bike without any silencers, but with the cat still fitted & it was just as quite, so the cat must be really restrictive.

I fitted a De-cat pipe fron Spareshack & a Remus Evolution titanium can.

Options 1 is.
de-cat pipe.
twin can set-up Arrow, Termi, Sil Motor, Zard.
all with cost nearly a grand with delivery.

Option 2 is.
De-cat pipe.
Single oval can, Remus, Marving, Quill, Leo Vinci.
All will cost about £500 with delivery.

http://www.remus.at/php/index.php?cmd=cmdFrontendProducts&iProductModel=38223

Desmo.

Jim66a
13-03-2007, 04:22 PM
I went the Arrow way with mine, Stainless system with Titanium cans. Sounds gorgeous and really improves top end. Ducati Leeds fitted it and altered whatever settings they needed to. I'd Recomend to anyone

damon
19-03-2007, 10:57 AM
I went the Arrow way with mine, Stainless system with Titanium cans. Sounds gorgeous and really improves top end. Ducati Leeds fitted it and altered whatever settings they needed to. I'd Recomend to anyone

how much did it cost you if you dont mind me asking? oh and did they do the de-cat also?

cheers:drunk:

Bryn Smart
19-03-2007, 11:46 AM
I have been wondering what to do, I have an S2R 800 as well.
I haven't asked at my local Ducati dealer yet as I know they don't like aftermarket non-Ducati pipes or indeed non-Ducati anything and mine is still under warranty. I presume it would invalidate it?
Any advice?